PDA

View Full Version : Looted Vechiles

Borg451
19-10-2008, 15:57
Hi, am almost a total n00b here..

Reading the Ork Codex..

Regardign Looted Vechiles.. can i convert one of my old Rhinos and field that on its own.. i dont need a mek boy in the army or anything do i.

and for the Red Paint Job option can i do Red Go Faster Stripes.. Stripes that take up like 60-90%, so show the original colour underneath..

Coasty
19-10-2008, 16:06
Looted vehicles don't require a mek. I'm not sure how much red is required for a red paint job, actually...

mechu95
19-10-2008, 16:53
If you want a Red Paint Job you can paint just a glyph or something, and that would be enough. Or just freehand "Orkz iz da best" on with red paint.

Lisiecki
19-10-2008, 17:08
Looted vehicles don't require a mek. I'm not sure how much red is required for a red paint job, actually...

Well ,if you listen to some of the players out here, none

Borg451
19-10-2008, 17:10
Well ,if you listen to some of the players out here, none

are you saying they're wrong?

Coasty
19-10-2008, 18:47
I prefer to have at least quarter of the vehicle conspicuosly painted red before I count a vehicle as having RPJ.

Lisiecki
19-10-2008, 19:26

I dont understand the question
they really do say that

stainawarjar
19-10-2008, 19:29

Well, it wouldn't be WYSIWYG

Lisiecki
19-10-2008, 19:36
Well, it wouldn't be WYSIWYG

Marg

For me it comes down to the fluff behind rules.
you want to have a looted rhino with ultramarine colors?

Ya, thats cool its all good

But the red ones rule exists, because the orks think that
well
the red ones go faster

Dont try to justify changing things you dont like, by hiding behind backstroy

MrBigMr
19-10-2008, 21:26
You could paint them with any colour and say that your Orks are color blind. All that is needed is the belief that red ones go faster. As they believe that the tanks are red and that red ones go faster, they do.

Clang
19-10-2008, 21:33
No problems with using a rhino model in an ork army to represent a looted rhino, but remember it can't use the rhino rules - it has to 'count as' something in the ork list (unless you're playing Apocalypse). The obvious options are Looted Wagon or Trukk, and either will look cooler if you convert the rhino somehow to match the equivalent ork vehicle stats (e.g. if using it as a trukk, then remove most of the rhino roof to make it look more like an open-topped vehicle).

PondaNagura
19-10-2008, 21:48
orks could probably justify why a vehicle that isn't red be painted a different color

"so it's fast 'cuz its reddun? but you no wat? orange is more flashy den red, and yellow more den dat, and gold is also shiny, but costya lotz o teef, so maybe just metal den an if you 'it dem beakies 'ard enuff u gets red"

it's round about and absurd thinking, but then again its orks

parus_ater
19-10-2008, 22:05
How about having it look like somebody's thrown a few buckets of red paint at the front?

MrBigMr
19-10-2008, 22:21
How about taking a Rhino, turning it around and making it into a sort of landing craft with a hatch on the front and all? That's what I'm planning to do.

Jester Boy
19-10-2008, 22:24
Red racing stripes would be fine. I've seen humans that believe they work. Make them fat and a nice strong red and DO NOT use tape or anything to mark the lines, do them messy and freehand.

CULCHAIN
19-10-2008, 22:30
for my looted vehicle I took a rhino cut out the front and on top I put a boy in a turret w/demolisher cannon and two scratch built sponsons with big shootas. There is a boy in the turret firing a shoota. And its outer track gaurds are red

jack21290
20-10-2008, 00:39
using a rhino is fine, red paint job is simply a small part of the vehicl, dont need to paint ay certain ammount.

devik
20-10-2008, 00:41
One of the coolest things to do with a looted vehicle is to paint it in a regular color (specific chapters if it's a Space Marine vehicle, or some manner of camo if it's IG, etc) -- then add some weathering and a little bit of rust and slab some red over it, real messy-like. Make sure some of the original color shows through the red in streaky, ugly ways. Now, it's a hastily-looted vehicle.

the1stpip
20-10-2008, 00:42
If you wanted an Ultras Rhino, then yes, paint red go fasta stripes. That is showing it is red, and that it is designed to go fasta because it is red.

Personally, I use stripped down Chimeras for Trukks (I run Blood Axes) an enlarged Chimera with a big gun inside for my looted trukk, and I will use a couple of russes for my battlewagon.

The idea for my army is they are Imperial Fanbois.

senorcardgage
20-10-2008, 02:32
You don't need meks for looted vehichochilies. Rhinoes work exceedingly well!!

Borg451
20-10-2008, 12:38
No problems with using a rhino model in an ork army to represent a looted rhino, but remember it can't use the rhino rules - it has to 'count as' something in the ork list (unless you're playing Apocalypse). The obvious options are Looted Wagon or Trukk, and either will look cooler if you convert the rhino somehow to match the equivalent ork vehicle stats (e.g. if using it as a trukk, then remove most of the rhino roof to make it look more like an open-topped vehicle).

Why cant u use it in apocalypse? and can u really use a rhino to represnt a trukk? i thought it could only be a looted wagon

Borg451
20-10-2008, 12:40
for my looted vehicle I took a rhino cut out the front and on top I put a boy in a turret w/demolisher cannon and two scratch built sponsons with big shootas. There is a boy in the turret firing a shoota. And its outer track gaurds are red

thats the cannon the codex talks about with the 35 inch range right? do u buy that seperatly? is it a specific piece or can u use any spare model turret?

Borg451
20-10-2008, 12:42
How about having it look like somebody's thrown a few buckets of red paint at the front?

thats exactly what i want it to look like.. :)

Zelotes
20-11-2008, 21:55
I love the Trukk models and such but honestly I'm tempted to substitutes most of my Trukks and my Battlewagon with Looted models (provided the local gaming den rules allow model subs of that type).

And one of my down-the-road goals is, for an Apocalypse game, to convert an IG Baneblade (from the new plastic kit) into the Ork Battlefortress or whatever their super-heavy is.

But otherwise I plan to do Looted Rhino for a Looted Wagon transport, and then possibly a Leman russ or chimera depending on what I feel like doing.

Or who knows, I might even get into my own warband's Fluff a little, and base my next models off of victories. For example, say I beat an IG player and destroy a chimera of his. Well, I might go and get a Chimera and even paint it in his color scheme before Gorking it all up and making it a ded killy Looted Wagon. Same if I play against Tau or SM or whatever, that way my models tell a story of my victories.

I'd already planned to do this with my Warboss' trophy rack, with the heads of different enemies being added after I beat that particular army in a game.

Yeah, eventually I'll get more models than I'll ever use, but hey, that's why they invented Apocalypse, right?

SquishySquig
21-11-2008, 01:35
How about taking a Rhino, turning it around and making it into a sort of landing craft with a hatch on the front and all? That's what I'm planning to do.

I've done 4 (but only one painted and proper orky so far) they look great and are surpirsinlgy easy to do.