PDA

View Full Version : When will the Necrons get some love

Spektre
19-10-2008, 16:42
When I had first got into the game I had seriously thought about using Necrons as they seemed really cool. That is until I looked at their army list, I was trying to flip the pages thinking maybe I got a bad book and half the page wasn't copied maybe but no it was all there and wow what a small list it is.

So when is GW workshop gonna show some undead living metal Necron love and make more units to use and give them more flexibility other then the. " we move slowly but surely and you will not stop us as you will be asleep by turn 2 Muahahahahahaha:chrome:. Hope this doesn't sound like ranting as they seem cool now just too small of a list for my taste.

Kulgur
19-10-2008, 17:06
Due up in about a year aren't they?

Joewrightgm
19-10-2008, 17:10
If I remember correctly, they're due up Q 2 of next year; major rumors that I'm aware off, is We'll Be Back! is replaced with Feel No Pain, and a small number of new units, and a re-shuffling of some units on the force org.

I have heard they may introduce a tiered Necron Lord system, as detailed in Apocalypse. C'tan will get over-sized FW minis, and be apocalypse only. However, a Necron loard will have the ability to choose an 'advanced necrodermis' to emulate what the old C'tan did, so you can still use your old minis.

Archangel_Ruined
19-10-2008, 18:05
They don't absolutely need a new list, the one they've got works, it's just a little restricted. It does fit the fluff though, as they're supposed to be waking up in waves, and to begin with they were just warriors and scarabs really. They are being redone, which is nice, and there will be a couple of new choices to tempt new players in too, so don't worry about it too much. As for armies that do need new lists, space wolves are up soon and I wouldn't hold your breath for the witch hunters, daemon hunters and dark eldar, they're all in the works but nothing is imminent, or so I've been led to believe...

The_Outsider
19-10-2008, 18:05
Take your pick, before or after space wolves/ IG/ DE.

LostTemplar
19-10-2008, 18:10
I'd venture to say it'll be long before the Dark Eldar.