PDA

View Full Version : Project: Eldar Table

Tom_ep
19-10-2008, 21:18
Hey guys,

I don't actually have an Eldar army, but they always appealed to my senses in some way. I've contemplated starting an Eldar army numerous times, but I've always held back on that idea on the premises that I just could not afford just another army ..

But now that we've got a club tournament coming up, I've taken the first steps towards putting together a full table with Eldar scenery. In attachment you can see the first two things in progress, a webway portal and a wraithbone structure, but I was wondering if any amongst you would like to share pictures of your scenery so I can get some inspiration, or ideas of what would likely be present on a world frequented by the Eldar.

Thanks in advance for any input!

=Angel=
19-10-2008, 22:00
Great ambitious project.

If you're gonna do an eldar city, that would be cool. In that case, lots of smoth buildings with flaily eldary bits like your gate and platform thingy.
Look at dawn of war screenshots for ideas , then scale them up to be buildings.

If its a maiden world ( a world created by the Eldar to inhabit when they are good and ready) it'll have wraithgates, beautiful (but possibly strange) plants and trees and possibly some large spirit stones.

Think Warhammer Fantasy High elf terrain, with an eldar spin on it.

If it's a crone world (one of the Eldar's original planets that has been overthrown by chaos) think daemon world/ dead world , blasted ruined craters and desert, with some terrain like the ones in the photos and some broken gates etc.

bugbait_nz
19-10-2008, 23:09
If you have ham fisted palyers it might pay to glue some card on each side of the white polystyrene as it does not handle knocks very well, its alot easier to do this before you glue it to the base, press flat overnight to make sure it doesnt warp of you use PVA glue.

Sorry, dont have any ideas for terrain, but you are off to a good start.

Bugbait out.

N810
19-10-2008, 23:22
Ohhh nice this is the first Eldar table I have seen on this site :D
And it looks like you are off to a great start.

Wolf Scout Ewan
19-10-2008, 23:34
Great start! Looking forward to updates!

Theomar Pius
20-10-2008, 01:40
I've never done sci-fi stuff, so I don't think my pics can help. Still, follow the link in my sig, I do have some elvish stuff.
Just remember that with scenery, there is nothing that you can do that you can't undo, and don't be afraid to take risks, the payoff is worth it.

sandman36
20-10-2008, 11:42
Theomar,
You are an inspiration! I can't believe how good your stuff looks!

Theomar Pius
20-10-2008, 17:33
Theomar,
You are an inspiration! I can't believe how good your stuff looks!

Cheers mate, more coming very soon.

Bahir
20-10-2008, 21:59
It looks good. I look forward to seeing more.

Gropius
21-10-2008, 22:27
If you are interessted in making some fragile looking, elegant structures, you might want to take a look at the works of Frei Otto. You can make really nice structures with just rope, nets and plaster, that will look very organic.