PDA

View Full Version : poison and killing blow

Shadowsinner
20-10-2008, 04:16
so If I grant my DE assassin the touch of death giving him killing blow alongside with poisoned weapons, how do the two work in conjunction with one another? if I roll a 6 on the to hit granting auto wound, would that just count as a single wound or would I get the benefit of the killing blow?

Bretonnian Lord
20-10-2008, 04:18
I think it only counts as a single wound. You'd only get killing blow for rolling a 6 to-wound, and since poison automatically wounds the target on a 6 to-hit, there would be no chance for a killing blow.

Lord Dan
20-10-2008, 04:18
It just counts as a single wound, which is why many people buy the cheap 10-point poison just so the weapons no longer count as "poisoned" weapons.

Sidorio
20-10-2008, 06:37
um... i'm pretty shore that you then roll wit hthe poisoned attack to see if it scored a killing blow. if it doesn't then its just a normal poisoned attack.

SolarHammer
20-10-2008, 07:20
The rules for the Tomb Kings Scorpion say that anytime you have Poison and Killing Blow if you roll a 6 to hit, because the hit automatically wounds, you don't roll the dice to wound and thus can not score a killing blow.

Yes, it's specific for Tomb Kings, but the language is general and applicable to any such situation.

Fellblade
20-10-2008, 07:52
A poisoned hit will never generate a killing blow because there is no roll to wound.
Its pretty simple, did you roll a 6 to wound? No, you didn't even roll to wound so there is no chance for a killing blow because you never fulfill the requirement. In much the same way, if for some reason you encounter a model that has poison and all their attacks hit automatically they'll never score a poison hit because they never had a to-hit roll.