PDA

View Full Version : using daemons for both 40k and fantasy?

PeG
20-10-2008, 07:50
I have been doing fantasy for a short while due to that my son started playing WE. Due to that his friends mostly play 40k he is now picking up 40k orks which means that there is a reason for me to do some 40k as well. However at this time I want to invest limited amounts of cash into warhammer so I am thinking about to what extent it would be possible to use 40k/fantasy daemon models for both games? Any advice on which units that can be used in both settings are welcome.

slayerofmen
20-10-2008, 07:54
i dunno I'm just going to through it out there and suggest, oh, maybe just MAYBE read the army book/ codex and see that all units can be used across both systems except for the soul grinder, as for actually using them, make the bases changeable

your main issue is that warhammer is goig to take a greater amount of models.......

The Grey Guy
20-10-2008, 08:21
Hey Peg, yeah the only unit you can't use in both armies is the soulgrinder. If you don't have any intention of playing in a competitive setting, then go ahead and base those up using the square bases.

BTW what sought of daemon army you going for multi god or single? I personally field an all khorne army(strictly 40k though)

Brimstone
20-10-2008, 09:13
If you don't have any intention of playing in a competitive setting, then go ahead and base those up using the square bases.

Or you can use the Galeforce9 round base movement trays (http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=103) for ranking up round bases.

Znail
20-10-2008, 09:56
I dont have any trouble with ranking up round bases in a normal movement tray either so I dont think you realy need the special one from galeforce9.

Coasty
20-10-2008, 10:02
Or you can use the Galeforce9 round base movement trays (http://www.gf9.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=103) for ranking up round bases.

Shouldn't that be Galeforce8? Or Severegaleforce9?

==Me==
20-10-2008, 13:42
I do the same, running Daemons in both systems. Everything except the Soul Grinder can be used in Fantasy and almost everything is good in both systems (exception being Furies and Daemon Princes, Furies suck in 40k but are useful in Fantasy while DPs are the opposite).

Both armies tend to have a similar model count, depending on how Troop/Core heavy you go, they have some issues with numbers of Elites/Rares but nothing serious.

What were you thinking of getting?

Alessander
20-10-2008, 14:48
You can also use the square bases in 40K, as they are the same size or larger than the 40K round bases (and are the bases that come with the model).

Also, you may get away with using a WFB HellCannon as a soulgrinder in 40K (anyone who has read Storm of Iron will get the imagry there), or "daemon" up a steam tank for a similar pairing. Soul Griders are supposed to by any vehicle with a daemon merged with it, and conversions are always welcome.

jfrazell
20-10-2008, 18:15

I've not seen where its required that your 40K minis have round bases.

Grimtuff
20-10-2008, 19:02
I've not seen where its required that your 40K minis have round bases.

Neither have I. I am honestly not sure where this idea comes from.