PDA

View Full Version : Beast's STUPIDITY test & Generals LD

Rossi
20-10-2008, 09:37
Very confused.
Can Coldones being ridden use the Generals LD for stupidity test's ?.
page 52 sais beast's use riders Ld, then surely the rider use's the Generals within 12. Page 82 sais all with in 12 can use generals LD for all phsycology tests.
Page 25 of the Lizardmen rule book also use's same language that the beast use's the RIDERS Ld.
So can we use the Generals LD for stupidity test's when with in 12inchs from him.

Gazak Blacktoof
20-10-2008, 10:25
Yes. As you pointed out you can use the general's leadership in place of your own.

Braad
20-10-2008, 11:10
Agreed. The basic thing is 'use the riders leadership'. Then, the rider can use the general's leadership if within 12".

Rossi
20-10-2008, 11:30
it was confusing specially after playing to many editions of warhammer.

I remember Trolls, one group were allowed to use a higher Leadership (River I think) for the Stupidity test's and the other group were rarely ever used due to that problem.

highelfmage
22-10-2008, 23:24
Very confused.
Can Coldones being ridden use the Generals LD for stupidity test's ?.
page 52 sais beast's use riders Ld, then surely the rider use's the Generals within 12. Page 82 sais all with in 12 can use generals LD for all psychology tests.
Page 25 of the Lizardmen rule book also use's same language that the beast use's the RIDERS Ld.
So can we use the Generals LD for stupidity test's when with in 12inchs from him.

stupidity is not a psychology? only fear,terror and panic

Ammanas
22-10-2008, 23:29
Stupidity is not a form of psychology - it is Riders leadership exclusively. The exception would be when the General is part of the squad.

Kalec
23-10-2008, 00:01
Or if the general is within 12" of the unit, like normal.

Rossi
23-10-2008, 00:34
Yep Nup as far as GW rulesboys think. They can use Generals LD anytime he's with in 12 inchs.
As per the ruling on P52 of the core rules under ‘Stupidity and Riders’, the test is made using the rider’s leadership and the rider’s leadership is bolstered by the General’s own leadership if he’s within 12” as per Page 82 of the core rules under ‘General’s Leadership’ so yes, you use the Generals leadership for the stupidity test.

Trolls and other stupid creatures that are not mounts are also able to use the General’s leadership for their stupidity tests, this represents the awesome influence of the General over his army – even the most stupid creatures know who they should listen to.

Lord Dan
23-10-2008, 01:00
Yep Nup as far as GW rulesboys think. They can use Generals LD anytime he's with in 12 inchs.

Yeah, we knew that already. ;)

Any why would you even be asking the rulesboyz?? You ask us for help, then doubt us by asking them as well? For shame!

Rossi
23-10-2008, 03:08
I asked them age's ago with no reply,
So ask here aswell, Reply from GW show's up today.

BEEGfrog
23-10-2008, 03:57
Yeah, we knew that already. ;)

Any why would you even be asking the rulesboyz?? You ask us for help, then doubt us by asking them as well? For shame!

Er, even the people I disagree with here are more accurate/consistent than the rulesboyz...

I know of one guy who only went to the rulesboyz when he needed cheering up, their answers always made him laugh so much he instantly felt happier!

Gazak Blacktoof
23-10-2008, 06:57
@Ammanas

Stupidity is a form of psychology. You're using the definiton of psychology from ItP which does not make you immune to all psych, only fear, terror and panic.

ItP uses its own definition of what psychology tests you are immune to. However stupidity is in the psychology section of the rule book and it is most certainly a psychology test.

DeathlessDraich
23-10-2008, 10:03

The rulesboyz have sometimes offered the wrong answer.

In this case, the reason they've given is not quite correct - "They can use Generals LD "

The rule is they *must* and not *can* - "They always use the G etc".

For Stupidity, the reason why the G's Ld is used is because the general *passes on* his *Leadership value* to units within range
i.e. these unit's *Ld value* have been modified by the proximity of the general. They are not 'using' the general's Ld directly but their own 'modified Ld'.

An important distinction which is necessary to correctly interpret some Daemonic Gifts and some VC powers/abilities.