PDA

View Full Version : 2K Daemons Slaanesh and Khorne, trying to be fair

Briohmar
20-10-2008, 11:29
Well no one seemed to like it before, so see below for the comp friendly, probably horrible new list. I'll try it out though.

Trying not to go over the top so that I can get in some games without somone crying cheese. This list is based on models that I already have on hand without having to do much extra painting or converting. But want a fair chance at playing, so tell me what you think:

Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 4, Daemonic Robes, Siren Song, Soul Hunger

Herald of Slaanesh, Lvl 1, goes with Daemonettes 1

Herald of Khorne, Armor of Khorne, Soul Hunger, Goes with Letters

11 Daemonettes, Standard, Aluress, Banner of Extasy

12 Daemonettes, Standard, Aluress, Banner of Extasy

11 Bloodletters, Full Command, Icon of Endless war

6 Furies

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Banner, Siren Standard

5 Fleshhounds

2 Fiends of Slaanesh.

7 PD, 5 DD 55 Models (all female except the hounds)

MarcoPollo
20-10-2008, 18:06
Well the list looks fast and hitty Briohmar. Just the way I like my armies to run too. IT seems to me that people may see a GD and cry cheese if they loose. But in all honesty, it is probably the rest of the army that will do them in more than the GD. Like you said in my last post, 4 hearalds may do the trick, and give you more models/deployments.

I like you sig. Many a true word there. It is a pitty, but I too am not going to invest any more than I need to to keep on enjoying the game.

MarcoPollo
20-10-2008, 18:08
stoopid computer

Briohmar
22-10-2008, 14:33
OK, We'll see if the Comp friendly version gets any comments:

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh, Lvl 2, Many Armed, Siren Song, Lore of Death

Herald of Slaanesh, Lvl 1, goes with Daemonettes

Herald of Khorne, Armor of Khorne, Soul Hunger, Goes with Letters

11 Daemonettes, Standard, Aluress, Banner of Extasy

12 Daemonettes, Standard, Aluress, Banner of Extasy

11 Bloodletters, Full Command, Icon of Endless war

10 Horrors, Standard, Icon of Sorcery

6 Furies

5 Seekers of Slaanesh, Banner, Siren Standard

5 Fleshhounds

2 Fiends of Slaanesh.

I now have 39% Characters, 36% Core, two specials and 1 Rare, and I still only need to finish painting 11 Daemonettes to have the whole thing tournament ready. What do you think now?

MarcoPollo
22-10-2008, 21:22
I think it is a good army. Not too nasty but synergistic. This of course goes against the common wisdom that DP are not worth their points. And only people who understand this will appreciate it. If you want to take it to a tourney, go with the GD. Atleast it will be more effective, and people in the know will appreciate that it isn't a bloodthirster.

I am also wondering about the horrors. You don't need them for core and could probably use something else instead.

Briohmar
23-10-2008, 10:10
If you saw the army as a whole, you would appreciate it a bit more. I think the GD is the better choice as well, since it gives better magic and better hitting ability. I am going to try out both versions on Sunday at the gaming club, and see which performs better as a whole. The horrors give a bit of extra magical defense, especially since I know I'll be playing against VC and DE. Either way I get 5 Dispell Dice, but with the GD I have 7 PD as opposed six with the Princess.