PDA

View Full Version : Wonders of yard sales

x-esiv-4c
20-10-2008, 13:16
Yesterday, the wife and I went to a few yard sales. Anyone who does this knows that the odds of finding something good is slim. However, I hit the motherlode...(or is it motherload?)

The seller was parting with a "box of miniatures" for 30$. It was a fairly large box and most of the minis were in small zip-lock bags. I noticed a few good ones off the bat so I bought it.

Driving back, my wife was plundering in the box, holding out the minis and asking if they were a good buy. The first thing out the box was an epic squat army. Cyclops, Land-train, gryocopters etc etc.

*Cue heroic arm-pump*

More and more surprised followed including enough RT era stealer-hyrids to make a bloody army of them. A load of ork freebootaz, RT era Ad-mechs some RT era squats....Ahh the list goes on.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Ozorik
20-10-2008, 13:26
Git. Im not in the least jealous.

bosstroll
20-10-2008, 13:33
x-esiv-4c, you'd better not part with your irl location, cause me and probably some others will burglarize your stuff then :D

I did manage to lay my hands on a bunch of 2nd ed 40k codexes for €1,-- a piece last queens day, still pretty happy about that.

Tonberry
20-10-2008, 13:37
I picked up about 20 pre issue 150 WD's for three pounds at a car boot sale a couple of weeks back, was pretty chuffed.

x-esiv-4c
20-10-2008, 13:57
Damn tonberry, that is a good find!

sukigod
20-10-2008, 15:06
I have but not in the 40K field. I picked up a full set of D&D, 1st Edition books for $1 each. I was just getting back into D&D after a 10 year hiatus and this was the perfect start.

Although that doesn't keep me from hoping that someday......

onnotangu
21-10-2008, 01:00
I am very jealous.

cailus
21-10-2008, 01:15
Now those are some cool scores indeed!

chromedog
21-10-2008, 01:29
Picked up a grab bag of IG minis at a garage sale a few weeks back. Cost me $30

15 cadians (complete) plus about 20 each of the vox packs and helmets, pistols and chainsword combos, flamers AND Grenade launchers. Plus.

Vindicare assassin (complete).
2nd ed metal IG sentinel (complete) with spare assault cannon/multilaser and a metal Crusader assault cannon as well.

Also had 20 pairs of 'nid spinefists - which I gave to a mate because he needed them for his bugs.