PDA

View Full Version : New Collector

phyrephly
20-10-2008, 18:27
Hi Guys,

I have very recently started collecting and I chose to collect Eldar. A friend has started collecting with me and chose Chaos Deamons.

I live in South Africa and the number of opponents is lacking...

So between us we have decided to collect a third army.

I don't have much experience with 40K so my question is this:

Which army would you guys suggest we collect as the third army? And why?

Thanks

Brother Loki
20-10-2008, 18:36
I would consider marines for a couple of reasons:

It is likely to play very differently from either Eldar or Daemons (although the same is true of most armies).
Pretty much the entire range is plastic, making it potentially one of the cheapest armies to collect (as its not your main army).

sigur
20-10-2008, 19:55
I suggest getting Orks or Imperial Guard. Both great armies and quite different to Eldar and Daemons. A nice chance from all those "elite" armies. Also, 40k is always expensive so this shouldn't be too much of a factor.

victorpofa
20-10-2008, 22:54
You could always do Orks and Marines using several Black Reach boxes as a solid base. This would give even greater variety and not be hideously expensive. Just expensive. :angel:

Maidel
20-10-2008, 23:40
Id also go for marines. Middle of the road, good at everything, but masters of none.

Zaphkiel
21-10-2008, 03:29
You could always do Orks and Marines using several Black Reach boxes as a solid base. This would give even greater variety and not be hideously expensive. Just expensive. :angel:

Add in some homemade Ork vehicles, and viola!