PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen?

Alrighty then?
20-10-2008, 17:43
Hey everyone i want start a new army in fanasty so i decided that Lizzies was a good choice. So does anyone have any good pointers for me starting out this new army?

N810
20-10-2008, 17:48
Hmmm....

well the Batalion box is a prety good bargin if you haven't bought any thing yet.

Here is a great article for anyone starting Lizardmen...
http://warseer.com/warhammer_fantasy_armies_lizardmen

nasty_little_hobbit
20-10-2008, 18:01
I too am thinking about starting a lizardmen army just because I want to field a old blood on carnasaur :)
As N810 said the battalion is a good place to start, although many lizardmen players see the saurus calvary to expensive for what they can do. On top of that I would reconmend either another unit of saurus warriors meaning you'll have two units of twenty or another box set of skinks, all depends on the models you like and what style of play your looking for.
My biggest advice really would just be which models you like the best and the style of the army; If your looking for a fast army with lots of magic then include lots &lots of skinks and kroxigors with a slaan, if your looking for a slow but hard hitting army then choose lots of saurus. One unit that everyone seems to like are salamanders so I definately reconmend them.
Sorry isnt to specific but if you want to find out more theres a few lizardmen specific forums about which are very useful.

Alrighty then?
20-10-2008, 18:27
cool thanks you guys

Iron Father
20-10-2008, 22:56
Not to try and jack your thread but I will be selling my lm army by the end of the week, PM me and ill let you know what I have.

anarnii
20-10-2008, 23:23
you should check out the rumours thread, lizards are coming out after xmas, might be worth waiting until then so you dont get the old book, or minatures that will be updated soon.

Some units are going to change quite radically if rumours are true so it might be best to be patient

andyg2006
21-10-2008, 09:09
Definitely wait until February 2009 (or whenever) when the new book comes out:
Lizards could all become really nice...on the other hand, they may again just end up with loads of models which are not worth taking.

Embalmed
21-10-2008, 13:52
Saurus will get improved and are unlikely to get new models so an army based on Saurus will be worth building atm. Skinks will most likely continue to be very useful and it doesn't look like they are getting new models either.

Sallies, Kroxes and Terradons are good now and will almost certainly be worth using in the future too, and their models won't be getting much better by the looks of it.

You may want to stay clear of Stagadons as they appear to be coming out in plastic w different options for them, as will Temple Guard.

On balance it also depends on whether you want to fork out money for both armybooks, you could buy just models and have them painted by the time the new book comes and start playing from there or maybe borrow someones old book in the meantime.

w3rm
14-11-2008, 00:37
Saurus will get improved

WHAT!!!!! A S3,T4 A2 Cold Blooded model will be getting improved! Whaaaaaa:( Oh well all the more fun to kill with the masses of ratmen! Oh back to the trhead. IMHO lizardmen are one of the most powerful armies out there. Skinks are *******' amazing with 2x Poisoned str 3 attacks! Stick 'em in a woods while scouting and whatch 'e go!