- Full Command

10 Chosen Warriors 218pts
- Halberds
- Standard Bearer
- Musicians

Rare
Chaos Warshrine 130pts

2000pts

As suggested by the title, my main foes will be Orcs, Dark Elves, and Vampire Counts. This is my first attempt at a 2000pt list for Warriors of Chaos(after Hordes of Chaos) and would like some advice on any changes that should be taken. I chose to go with an elite army, with some hounds as flankers, as I enjoy the heavy amounts of armour and intimidation of a full Warrior Type army. However, I would like some suggestions on if this is a good tactic or not. Any criticism is welcomed. Thank you.

FunkyRatDemon
21-10-2008, 05:26
I wouldn't bother with a Lord in this game, 2250 and higher is where I'd like to see him
With his pts, you can get 2 Heros, with Halberd, MoK, on a Juggernaut...thats still 8 St5 Attacks...and fast...
I'd try and put a MoS on your Warrior units (against Vampires), Full Command is also appreciated
How attached are you to the chosen? I'd scrap them if you don't mind (for Maruders, a brick of 10 with Flail and MoK will do wonders vs Orks and VC)

Kalec
21-10-2008, 05:45
Drop the ogres. They look awesome, but they are not worth their points. Grab a unit of horsemen with flails and the mark of khorne, grab a war banner for the knights, and buy your lord a shield (he can use it vs shooting), and pick up more warhounds with the extras.

I cannot overstate how brutal khornate horsemen are for their points. With flails and the mark they come to 105, and have 10 S5 WS4 attacks and 10 S3 WS 3 attacks. It takes a unit of warriors 5-wide with mark of khorne and additional hand weapons to match that number of attacks. Keep the horsemen screened with hounds, and watch them break fully ranked infantry on the charge.

The Red Scourge
21-10-2008, 06:09
I wouldn't agree about no lord, but I'd give some thought, as to what he is supposed to do.

Right now you're basically paying 150 points for 1 extra T, W, A and Ld, but he won't accomplish anything that a unit of chaos knights couldn't accomplish.

What will you do against flyers? I could imagine a DE player landing some harpies behind your line and blasting you away with xbow bolts.

Why the full command for the knights? The champion won't do you much good, while his points could be used on a warbanner or a mark – Khorne, Nurgle or Tzeentch.

BigJon
21-10-2008, 07:14
Your Warshrine works better when you have lots of units with
champions in them so they get the Eye of the Gods roll.
I would drop the Ogres and try and put a Champ in each unit.

BigJon

W0lf
21-10-2008, 11:44
Banner of rage is a must have. Keeps your units immune to psy aswell as an extra attack a model ;)

Also id drop the chosen and bulk the 2 chaos warrior units out to 21 (7x3) with the pts.

Theres really no reason to take chosen when you already have a war alter.

Oh and drop the knights. The untis too small and naked to make a real impact. They will just get killed or bounce.

Oh and YOU ONLY HAVE 2 CORE. Hounds dont count.

Kornath
21-10-2008, 13:49
Drop one of the dogs, drop the chosen. As someone else said add Marauder horsemen with mark of Khorne. You might as well drop the ogres for more horsemen!

I am not a very experienced General, but if you can break the orc line with just those horsemen the O&G player will have a very frustrating time.

Also useful to quickly catch the Vampire leader and smack his regiment around; He won't last very long then. Just some of my thoughts.

Irondragon
22-10-2008, 00:03
Thanks for the replies, i will take them to heart. I'll be honest, i only added the ogres and chosen for some baddass..ness but ill see what changes i can make to edit my list. Keep the replies coming!

FunkyRatDemon
22-10-2008, 00:40
Thanks for the replies, i will take them to heart. I'll be honest, i only added the ogres and chosen for some baddass..ness but ill see what changes i can make to edit my list. Keep the replies coming!

If you end up scrapping the Chosen and Ogres, then add in 20 Marauders with Flails and the MoK, along with 5 Marauder Horseman with Flails and MoK...thats roughly the equivilant pts wise, also leaving in enough pts to give your Warriors the MoS

Incoming
23-10-2008, 00:19
I like this army.

Irondragon
25-10-2008, 23:17
Heroes
Exalted Champion 223pts
- Armour of Damnation
- Halberd
- Mark of Khorne
- Juggernaut
- Shield

Exalted Champion 205pts
- Armour of Marsleib
- Favor of the Gods
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Disc of Tzeentch
- Steam of Corruption

Sorcerer 155pts
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Book of Secrets
- Dispel Scroll

Sorcerer 155pts
- Mark of Nurgle
- Power Familiar
- Dispel Scroll

Core
15 Chaos Warriors 262pts
- 15 Shields
- Champion
- Mark of Slaanesh

15 Chaos Warriors 252pts
- 15 Shields
- Champion

5 Hounds 30pts

5 Horsemen 145pts
- Flails
- Full Command
- Mark of Khorne

Chaos War Chariot(120)

Special
5 Chaos Knights 300pts
- Champion
- Mark of Tzeentch
- Blasted Standard

10 Chosen Warriors 275pts
- Halberds
- Champion
- Mark of Nurgle
- Banner of Rage

Rare
Chaos Warshrine 130pts

So, i've read over all of the previous comments and thought about it in depth, and after hours of thinking, here is the new list in which I have devised, please continue to critique it, but bare in mind, now it is a 2250pt list.