PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & Goblins to smash WoC, DE and VC

Zaphkiel
21-10-2008, 02:17
After a few years of playing 40k, LotR, and Warmachine, (and a failed Tomb Kings army) I decided to do an O&G army, since I didn't like the TK play-style very much. Now, my friends are also building up armies at the same time. These include Dark Elves, Vampire Counts, Chaos, and, presumably, Empire. This list is just a general army to go up against all of these armies, and is not tailored toward a specific one.

Go ahead, Tear It Up

Lord

Black Orc Warboss
+ Heavy Armor
+ Enchanted Shield
+ Ulag’s Akrit Axe
+ Bigged’s Kickin’ Boots
= 231

Heroes

Black Orc Big Boss
+ Heavy Armour
+ Martog’s Best Basha
+ Battle Standard
= 129

Orc Shaman
+ Lvl 2
+ 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 150

Night Goblin Shaman
+ Lvl 2
+ 2 Magic Mushrooms
= 105

Core

28x Orc Boyz
+ Additional Choppas
+ Full Command
= 226

25x Orc Boyz
+ Shields
+ Full Command
= 180

25x Orc Boyz
+ Shields
+ Full Command
= 180

30x Night Goblins
+ 3 Fanatics
+ Nets
+ Musician and Standard
= 212

5x Spider Riders
+ Musician
= 71

5x Spider Riders
+ Musician
= 71

Special

19x Black Orcs
+ Standard and Musician
+ Nogg’s Banner of Butchery
= 290

Orc Boar Chariot
+ Extra Crew
= 85

Goblin Spear Chukka

Goblin Spear Chukka
Explanation(s): I decided to not mount up either Black Orcs because 1) I like the Warboss lord on foot with the axe and shield model) and 2) I don't have boar boyz, and so I think (lookwise) mounted models in infantry regiments look odd.

The 2 shamans should afford me some decent magical defense against the DE and VC. Maybe they'll get a few spells off, especially against Empire.

The spear chukkas are there to deal with the big things (Hydras, Blood Knights) and I figure for their cost, 2 is quite good.

Spider riders are there to flank, and I chose them over wolves because they come in the battalion set. Kinda tight on money.

Kinda want to put a single troll in here...

C&C would be nice~ Thankss

PopeAlexanderVI
21-10-2008, 03:59
Have you already bought the models? Your friends are all playing some of the strongest armies in WH right now, and you're planning on playing one of the weakest against them. You might have more fun if you picked something had a fairer shot.

Otherwise.... drop Black Orcs and get more war machines.

Magx
21-10-2008, 04:05
I think that you army is really good. I think the only things I would do : Like always suggest, take Gorband insteand of your Generan and BSB (you save 50 pts) ;

I would put bosses in Spider Riders;

And 2 chukkas are not enough. I tried it and trust me, you must 2 spear chukkas.

And personnally, I prefer Spider Riders just for the fact that they are "agile".

and if you really want to overwhelm your opponent you could always remove the Black Orcs and put two units of Orc Boyz or a unit of Big 'Uns maybe with Mork"'s Spirit Totem since even if you have two dispell scrolls and not a lot of shaman (maybe put one more), you won't have a lot of dispell dice without it.

and why an extra crew on the chariot ? maybe not necessary, if the chariot is necessary (I think you should run two or no chariot at all).

FunkyRatDemon
21-10-2008, 04:06
Not a big fan of the solo-chariot in this list
A Snotling Pump Wagon or Doom Driver Catapult will likely do more then said-chariot
I prefer the Staff of Sneaky Stealin' to the Mushrooms, just preference though
I do wish you could fit 3 Fanatics in the list though...(in place of that Chariot?)

Magx
21-10-2008, 04:45
Have you already bought the models? Your friends are all playing some of the strongest armies in WH right now, and you're planning on playing one of the weakest against them. You might have more fun if you picked something had a fairer shot.

Otherwise.... drop Black Orcs and get more war machines.

Dark Elves, Empire and even the new Warriors of Chaos are far from the best armies out there, sorry.

Kalec
21-10-2008, 04:49
Dark Elves are very, very close to VC in terms of power. WoC and Empire are a quite a bit below the top 3.

As for the army, you need morks spirit totem for magic protection. Badly. Empire magic may not be the best, but it hurts, and the other two have an absolutely brutal magic phase.

Magx
21-10-2008, 04:49
Dark Elves are very, very close to VC in terms of power. WoC and Empire are a quite a bit below the top 3.

No way. Dark Elves can flee.

Zaphkiel
21-10-2008, 20:52
I think that you army is really good. I think the only things I would do : Like always suggest, take Gorband insteand of your Generan and BSB (you save 50 pts) ;

I would put bosses in Spider Riders;

And 2 chukkas are not enough. I tried it and trust me, you must 2 spear chukkas.

I didn't want to spend the points on bosses for a unit that is supposed to bait other enemies and to flank charge. And no special characters yet, but him, Azhag, and Grimgor are on the shopping list.

I'll think about the 2 Chukkas to the Chariot. Against DE, VC, and Empire, if it gets the charge, it can pack a pretty strong punch.

Not a big fan of the solo-chariot in this list
A Snotling Pump Wagon or Doom Driver Catapult will likely do more then said-chariot
I prefer the Staff of Sneaky Stealin' to the Mushrooms, just preference though
I do wish you could fit 3 Fanatics in the list though...(in place of that Chariot?)

I've got 3 fanatics in that list. I love 'em. :D

So far so good, thanks for the imput~

Tonedogbf110
24-10-2008, 12:55
I would either drop the chariot or add another one. they work best in 2's.

Otherwise its a rounded list.

personally I would dump the spear chukkas in place of a rock lobba or 2.
or perhaps the doom diver. These are far more devastating.

Also check your calculations on the 25x boyz... you look like you added them up wrong. shouldnt come to 180, its more like 155 or something. (though I may be wrong)

definitely add Morks Spirit totem to one of your orc boyz, especially if facing a magic using enemy.

Also I would just run the NG shaman as a LvL1, offensively orc magic isnt that great. Focus on close combat instead and save the points. Keep the Orc shaman LvL2 though as he will add more dispel dice to your pool.

you might consider saving enough points to run a Giant (205) Terror if used well can have great results. and they are just great fun to play as well.

otherwise its a very good starter list IMO.

Nighthawke
24-10-2008, 13:24
personally id drop the black orcs as they arnt very good for their points anymore
use the points to put in another chariot
and use the rest on a giant or a unit of squig hoppers or along those lines
possibley doom divers as they are very very good

w3rm
24-10-2008, 17:55
Diss list very nice make da boyz 'appy. i would take a two whimpy gobbo chukkas ta make little elf kebabs. 'Uvver wise diss list will kill 'em all.