PDA

View Full Version : Tyranid Assembly

Sinaren
21-10-2008, 07:52
Alright, so I'm trying to put together my Genestealers, but looking at the sprue, there aren't enough Acid Maw heads for there to be one for every Genestealer. Just wondering, did I get a messed up box, or are you supposed to put 'regular' heads on most of the unit, leaving it to the two with Acid Maw heads to show that that unit is equipped with them? I've checked the box, because I thought there might be a sprue just for heads, but I didn't find one. I also had a very hard time trying to figure out where the Toxin Sacs went, as none of the pictures I saw in the book showed Genestealers with Toxin Sacs... Also, I'm not sure if it's relevant at all, but for my first box of Tyranids I bought the big box. Comes with one unit each of Genestealers, Hormagaunts, Termagants, as well as three Warriors and a Carnifex. Thanks in advance.

eek107
21-10-2008, 08:01
Genestealers never come with enough alternate heads. You should be able to order them seperately from some independent websites (http://www.thewarstore.com/battlewagonbits.html for example).

Sinaren
21-10-2008, 08:04
Gah. Well, at least I know now that i didn't get a defective box. :D Thanks.

leonmallett
21-10-2008, 09:18
Try opening a trading thread on the appropriate section of Warseer - you may find that useful.

The Hobo Hunter
21-10-2008, 10:43
If you don't find enough spares somewhere (and I personally wouldn't bother going out of your way unless you really like the look), just make sure that a few have the gear to represent it. I don't see everyone gluing bolt pistols and frag grenades on all their ultramarines, so you shouldn't be obliged to have every genestealer geared up perfectly either.

Just make it clear to your opponent, and everything's good.

Bookwrak
21-10-2008, 16:38
You don't need to have an acid maw head on every genestealers. Biomorphs are identical across the unit, so all you need is a couple clearly marked models to show what's what.

Angelwing
21-10-2008, 19:14
The toxin sacs can go were you want. I have my genestealer sacs on the upper arms (two per model), while I have sacs mounted on the fleshborer for termagants.

Have fun putting it all together! The warriors and carnifex have plenty of fun bits to stick on.

MasterDecoy
21-10-2008, 22:46
When I had them on them (before I relised I didnt want them on my genestealers) I had them on the rending claw hands (on the top side). Looked allright.

My hormagaunts have tghem on their talons, and the ones who have guns have them on the underside of the barrel