PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pt DE - manticore - Friendly

aimbob
21-10-2008, 16:10
Hi, I wanted to make a list with a manticore cause the can be devestating. So here it is, tell me what you think I'm open for advice/adjustments.

1 Supreme Sorceress 320
Level 4, Sacrificial dagger, pendenth of khaeleth

1 Master 319
Manticore, lance, shield, sea dragon cloack,
Cloak of Hag Graef, heavy armour

1 Sorceress 125
dispell scroll

25 Warriors 190
Full command, shield

5 Dark Riders 117
Musician, repeater crossbows

10 crossbowmen 100

14 Black guards 245
Champ, Standard, standard of hag ghraef

5 Cold one Knights 202
Champ, Standard, Standard of Slaughter

18 Witch Elves 200
Champ, Standard, Banner of Murder

1 Hydra 175

Malorian
21-10-2008, 20:58
I'm sure it could work. You have a lot of different elements.

It really comes down to who you are up against and the terrain when you are using a manticore. One thing you have going for you is that they will be forced t pick between your manticore and the hydra.

GuyLeCheval
21-10-2008, 21:27
I like this army. It's balanced enough to take on any army, except VC, because you've too less DPs (5, is much normally...not against VC) and too less numbers, another thing you cannot do anything about it.)
Anyway, it's a good round-out army. I think you can win much with it IF you use it well

Malorian
21-10-2008, 21:51
I actually think this army would do just fine against VC:

-You have several infantry units that can pump out a lot of attacks in combat
-You have a character killer
-You have a decent amount of magic to blast wraiths and weaken units
-And some of the units don't care about fear

PARTYCHICORITA
22-10-2008, 03:12
Nice list but it's missing 1 or 2 units of harpies.

Dark14
22-10-2008, 05:44
ditch the riders make the sorc lvl 2 and toss in some infantry fillers on the units.

aimbob
22-10-2008, 08:43
ditch the riders make the sorc lvl 2 and toss in some infantry fillers on the units.

If I ditch the dark riders then I only have 2 core choices.

Nice list but it's missing 1 or 2 units of harpies.

I love harpies but with the manticore being kinda expensive for 2k I just couldn't fit them in without sacrificing a unit. Could drop the Hydra take 1 RBT and add Harpies but 1 RBT Isn't effective enough to make a difference.

Does anyone perhaps have tips on how to use the manticore effectively? I red that they can charge over my other units for it is a large target. I thought that's pretty cool and so I made this list.

But I think he should be used as a flanker since he negates ranks because of his US. (Is his unit strength 5 or 6 with master on it?)

Leave some pointers I'm very curious on your experience with the awesome manticore aswell :D

Mannfred
22-10-2008, 12:15
Okaii honestly i'm sorry but i totally don't like ur list...like hey balance is cool but i think ur army has way too many elements and they just won't work effectively...like it's too versatile with no really dominance...like hey it's probably friendly but i mean probably a push over against an experinced player with maybe a less friendly list...heres sorta my break down:

You have a Lv4 sorceress and a scroll caddie....okaii the two seriously don't mix...the reason u take a Lord level caster in 2000pts is to play offensive magic however u also have like a Lv1 with scroll "scroll caddie" which is for defensive play....and since u only have 1 level 4 sorceress she won't beable to get enough spells off to justify her points and by placing her as ur sole castor it's dangerous since a miscast or two will take her out of the game....again in 2000pts if u take a level 4 u need to back her up with a level 2 or else ur wasting a lord choice....

If you want to play magic and be friendly just play a magic defense....take a ur scroll caddie and take another sorceress with seal of ghrond and throw in a ring of hotek in ur black guards....that'll save u a chunk of points...u'll still be sitting on 5 dispell dice and 2 scrolls....but saved urself about 100pts...thats like enough to maybe throw in a unit of 10 crossbows and give ur army a bit more shooting....

Now by dropping the High Sorceress u can change ur Master on Manti to a Dread Lord on Manti...more points but far more destructive....extra attack;ws and wound means more kills in the long run....also getting frenzy is pretty sweet but 20inch frenzy will hurt u...like if the the terrain isn't forgiving then yeah ur looking at wasting alot of points....since usually the nearest unit is a front charge....

But nevertheless it's an awesome combo btw using a Dreadlord also saves u a Hero choice so yeah maybe u could throw something in there....

Ditch the standard of slaughter on ur 5 cold ones i mean hey it's all cool when u get the charge but like it's a five man unit like i mean any form of shooting will whittle it down....Empire handguns; High Elves bolt thrower; Dwarf's organ gun; Goblin Doom Diver...list goes on.....the champion u should leave but for standard and magic standard no need....probably spend 50pts on a harpies be more effective...or even more warriors..

Btw Dark Riderd need a musician look ur fast cav and u'll need to flee from charges like hey +1 to Ld always helps...u won't always be in ur general's 12 inch range...

Anyways i'll say all that for now. .