PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on armies as a whole

Aladin_sane
21-10-2008, 21:41
Hi, after taking a look at the new orks second wave, I'd like to congratulate GW on making another whole army range that I think looks fantastic. In 40k I'd say this first happened with Tyranids, and now it seems GW are getting the right formula for making consistently good looking armies. Okay, I can't say that daemons look good as a whole, as well as chaos marines though Tau, Eldar and Marines are all lovely jobs IMO. What are your thoughts?

Coasty
21-10-2008, 22:00
I think most of their models are pretty good, but I have to say the current Ork range is really spot-on fantastic. It's great to have a xenos race with such a variety of options available in plastic.

MrGiggles
21-10-2008, 22:12
Definitely a nice job. I'm a little iffy on the Badrukk and Skinrot models, but the Battlewagon is cool and the new Stormboyz are Stonkin Great!

MasterDecoy
21-10-2008, 23:11
My LGS reckons there will be a ork stompa kit early next year, that should be intresting

devik
21-10-2008, 23:14
I love the new Ork range. Beautiful work. I'm looking forward to new buggies and traks, and especially the new stormboyz. Hopefully, though, the new stormboyz will be plastics... the poses and detail seem to scream metal. :(

I've been loving the new models coming out for the past several years now. The Devastators look great; even though they're mostly a plasticized version of the old metals, there's a lot of extra gubbinz on the sprue that really helps to make them less generic.

All in all, though, I'd say GW's slickest-looking lines right now are 'nids and Orks. They've done amazing jobs bringing these to life. I really like the Cadian models, and the plastic Baneblade, but these two alone aren't enough to let me ignore the fact that the rest of the army (catachans, all the other vehicles, etc) look pretty dumpy.

Firstborn
21-10-2008, 23:18
All in all, though, I'd say GW's slickest-looking lines right now are 'nids and Orks. They've done amazing jobs bringing these to life. I really like the Cadian models, and the plastic Baneblade, but these two alone aren't enough to let me ignore the fact that the rest of the army (catachans, all the other vehicles, etc) look pretty dumpy.

Catachans are not the same army as Cadians, and nobody who has glued together 200 Cadians likes the models anymore!

ANG-Tanker
21-10-2008, 23:18
The new models are great, I love a lot of the new rules they are putting out for them as well there is one thing they did that miffed me and that was when they got rid of the space marine legions. Sigh.

devik
21-10-2008, 23:23
Catachans are not the same army as Cadians, and nobody who has glued together 200 Cadians likes the models anymore!

I know. But when we're talking about a range of models, I group Catachans, Cadians, and all other IG variants into the "IG" category even though they're separate groups of models.

And, yeah, I've glued together far too many Cadians already -- and I've got about 100 more to go. I sorta hate them, but I do like the poses and detail.