PDA

View Full Version : How to equip a Paladin

Canadian_Khan
22-10-2008, 05:26
Hi allz

I'm entering a tournament... 2000pts... 2 players... so basically 1000pts each.

I'm playing bretonnians (War of Errantry) and will play with a Dwarf player

My BSB will only be equiped with a warbanner... on a warhorse in a lance of 8 knight errants + grail knight unit champion... musician and Standard... I'm planning on the lance + static combat res to do as much damage possible with that single unit.

The problem I have is with the OTHER Paladin... my lieutenant. Right now, I'm thinking about warhorse... lance + Birth Sword of Carcassonne + Virtue of Discipline... in a unit of men-at-arms.

Any other suggestion for 50 pts worth of paladin?

Kahadras
22-10-2008, 11:08
I always liked the idea of a Paladin on a pegasus. Kit him out with heavy armour, great weapon and the Enchanted Shield and use him as a march blocker and something to run down enemy units or kill warmachines. Seriously, in my old Bretonnian army he was one of the best units I ever used and he was dirt cheap to boot. He also combines nicely with a small unit of Pegasus Knights.

Kahadras

Dragon Prince of Caledor
22-10-2008, 17:44
I think that a paladin in a unit of men at arms is a complete waste. If someone looks at men at arms with a mean look they are dead/running/ youve lost a hero. I would put him on a warhorse with a shield and some kind of special sword/lance. What do you mean about the grail knight unit champion? I am kind of lost on that one :) My friend plays brets and when he puts a knight in a unit of men at arms it is the easiest points I can take from him; minus a bird going after a damsel in a unit of men at arms. Good luck :)

Malorian
22-10-2008, 18:41
You've only got 1000 points and you are being forced to take two heros. Don't make it any worse than it already is.

Keep the other paladin as cheap as possible (horse shield lance done) so you have more points left over for troops.

devolutionary
22-10-2008, 18:45
I run my Paladin relatively light weight with a 20-30 magic weapon, lance, shield, and in a unit of Errants with the Errantry Banner. I pretty much just slam the unit in to stuff and challenge away, using the charge to have my way with a number of enemy characters. It's effective for the cost and gives me a black horse unit that people don't see coming because quite frankly, they don't look that flash compared to the General and his boys ;)

Kalec
22-10-2008, 22:58
BSB paladin cannot take anything besides his horse and his armor. No shield, no lance, and no magic toys if he takes a magic banner.

Bob the Butcher
23-10-2008, 04:57
Another sneaky trick is have 1 of your 2 Damsels as the Army General, your Leadership will suffer but you will have points saved to buy another unit of Knights with.

Check out this website for Paladin Builds.
http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php

Nicha11
23-10-2008, 05:48
I think that a paladin in a unit of men at arms is a complete waste. If someone looks at men at arms with a mean look they are dead/running/ youve lost a hero. I would put him on a warhorse with a shield and some kind of special sword/lance. What do you mean about the grail knight unit champion? I am kind of lost on that one :) My friend plays brets and when he puts a knight in a unit of men at arms it is the easiest points I can take from him; minus a bird going after a damsel in a unit of men at arms. Good luck :)

I haven't looked at the Berttonian book for while, so correct me if
i am wrong, but don't peasants get "the peasants duty" which allows
them to use a knights leadership if he is within 6 inches?