PDA

View Full Version : Terminator Cousins?

Griznak
22-10-2008, 06:50
I'm adapting Space Hulk to allow the other races to play against genestealers. Step one however is to know what the other armies closest equivalent to terminators would be. So, if you were forced to choose what your closest unit to terminators is, what would it be?

Orks - Megga Nobs
Chaos - Chaos terminators
Daemon hunters - Grey Knight Terminators
Dark Eldar - ?
Eldar - Wraithguard ?
Imperial guard - Ogryn?
Necron - Imortals?
Tau - Stealth Suits?
Witch Hunters - ?

primarchvulken
22-10-2008, 06:59
For Dark Eldar-Incubi,Gaurd-Stormtroopers(but double the number)and whitch hunters can use termies.

Hashshashin
22-10-2008, 07:03
I seem to remeber an expansion for the old Space Hulk were you could play Marines. If you worked out some points values maybe players could feild any models they wanted.

Triggerdog
22-10-2008, 07:10
Witch Hunters should be Celestians
Eldar would be some manner of aspect warrior or Harlequins. WraithGuard are not used in Space Hulk type missions, much too risky.

madden
22-10-2008, 09:10
triggerdog re eldar, Same as incubi as they are bodygaurds not scouts, the dark eldar would use warriors or grotesques as they don't do heavy armour and arn't worried by casulties.

Ironmonger
22-10-2008, 10:13
Squats= Exo Armour:D

Darkstar2586
22-10-2008, 10:16
RIP :( poor little things

IJW
22-10-2008, 10:42
There were rules in White Dwarf for Chaos Terminators and for Powered Armour-equipped Marines. Anything less powerful than PA Marines wouldn't really fit within the limitations of the rules.

BTW, 1st or 2nd ed?

wilycoyote
22-10-2008, 11:09
Hi,

If you are modifying the original games then I suggest that to save time you make a visit to the spacehulk.barsoom site. This ahs a wealth of info and links to sites who are doing what you are trying to do. Note the site also links to adding to the Nids available.

The only units missing tend to be the more recent releases but this should get you a lot of ideas

Wilyc