PDA

View Full Version : Dark Apostles: Lords or Sorcerers?

shadowtemplar16
22-10-2008, 16:47
The title says it all, under the new codex do you think dark apostles would better be represented by a lord or a sorcerer model/rules?

thanx

Lord Damocles
22-10-2008, 16:48
Lord with MoT and Power Weapon.

Fixer
22-10-2008, 16:59
Damocles's suggestion would be the closest copy of the rules of the previous dark Apostle, though you could just go with undivided and a daemon weapon for his accursed crozius, smiting those loyalists with a corrupted symbol of Imperial faith :)

Badass.

loveless
22-10-2008, 17:09
I vote for Lord with Mark of Tzeentch and a Power Weapon. Dark Apostles are former Chaplains, no? They really shouldn't have psychic powers - although Warp Time could be a good stand-in for their righteous fury and whatnot (I know they didn't have anything like that in 3.5, but it could be kinda cool).

FunkyRatDemon
22-10-2008, 17:14
The title says it all, under the new codex do you think dark apostles would better be represented by a lord or a sorcerer model/rules?

thanx

I go Lord w/ Undivided Mark, Daemon Weapon (accursed Crozius), Terminator Armour, Personal Icon (Book of Lorgar), and Combi-Metla
I also go Lord w/ Undivided Mark, Daemon Weapon (accursed Crozius), Wings, Combi-Melta, and Personal Icon (Book of Lorgar)

Count de Monet
22-10-2008, 17:18
Just as the armies of Dark Apostles can vary widely, so can the Dark Apostles themselves. Use what you want. :)

MaliGn
22-10-2008, 17:44
I go with Lord, Mark of Tzeentch and Power Weapon - representing an accursed Crozius and the Rosarius save. Also with a personal Icon and Plasma Pistol. I've actually painted mine in the colours of a Chaplain with black armour and a skull helmet

Admiral Samuel Eden
22-10-2008, 18:04
Undivided with Daemon Weapon, terminator armour, personal icon would make the most sense I guess but do you really want to forgo the abilities of a daemon weapon of slaanesh or khorne. You pay a lot of points for the daemon weapon.

totgeboren
22-10-2008, 18:32
I use my Dark Apostles as champions with an icon of khorne. +1 attack to all members of the squad as long as they are alive sound chaplain-like to me. :)

My army is lead by a Captain. The Captains deals with the strategies of the warband, the Chaplains with the motivation of the warband. :)

the1stpip
22-10-2008, 20:11
Having just started a Word Bearers army, my Lord is a Sorceror of Tzeentch ( 4+ inv for rosarius) Force Weapon (accursed Crozius) and has the psychic power Wind of Chaos, which is modelled as a Heavy Flamer Daemon Weapon.

But it really comes down to personal choice. I don't like Daemon Weapons, so I wouldn't give him one.

the1stpip
22-10-2008, 20:13
My army is lead by a Captain. The Captains deals with the strategies of the warband, the Chaplains with the motivation of the warband. :)

For the record, Dark Apostles deal with tactics, as they 'commune' with the Chaos gods, and take the omens and visions they see and turn them into strategies.

totgeboren
22-10-2008, 20:26
For the record, Dark Apostles deal with tactics, as they 'commune' with the Chaos gods, and take the omens and visions they see and turn them into strategies.

I have read the fluff, I just choose to represent it differently in-game than using the dark apostles as chaos lords or sorcerers.

Also, I find it hard to believe that all ranking Word Bearers are Dark Apostles. In my personal warband, the leader is the Captain, who has been Captain since the Great Crusade. He also have 3 Chaplains who act as his most trusted advisers, interpreting the will of the Dark Gods to him, which he in turn formulates into strategies.

Just saying there are more ways to represent the Word Bearers with the latest codex than just "a lord with the MoT".