PDA

View Full Version : Black Reach mini Rule Book: thumbs up!

TwilightOdyssey
22-10-2008, 20:13
Sorry if this has already been posted about, but I thought I'd voice my pleasure at the new mini Rule Book that is included with AoBR.

I received my AoBR box the other day, which I admit I purchased mostly for the mini rule book. Since I've been working on this campaign, having a portable version of the rules is invaluable to me, as most of my work is done commuting to and from work.

I'm very impressed with this one. Bigger pages, and of better quality than the last mini Rule Book. Easy to read and very little in the way of non-rules related material in the front of the book.

Edzard
22-10-2008, 20:17
On the front cover of the Dutch translation of the book they spelled rulebook wrong :)

I have an English version now and I am pleased, it doesn't break my back :) (the 4th edition small book had some errors in there,'over' and 'equal or over' were often confuzzled. 25% or more was translated as "more then 25%" IIRC)

Znail
23-10-2008, 01:09
I wouldnt play with translated rules for a boardgame if I could avoid it. Remember that the exact wording often matters and not only in such obvious cases as you mentioned.

But back ontopic, yup the mini-rulebooks rules (I got both) :)

ehlijen
23-10-2008, 04:03
The only downside of course is that it doesn't contain the phrase "devoured by an errant void whale" as the big book does, but if you can live with that...:p

zoodog
23-10-2008, 04:28
I was a little disappointed that the big book didn't include kill team and combat patrol, the main reasons I ever used in 4th, you do get some nice fluff though. The small one is just easier though.

Bigtoof
23-10-2008, 05:02
Yeah, even we noobs like it too :)

Brother Loki
23-10-2008, 12:15
The best thing is that the page numbers between the big and little versions match up, so you don't have to specify when giving references.

Shadow Marine
23-10-2008, 18:34
I also love the small rule book, even to the extent that I sold my big one, didn't need it.

Dragonknight31
23-10-2008, 18:57
I love the mini-rulebook also. I like to own both the big and small one. Mini one to keep in my Army case all the time and big one for at home when I need to look something up.

TwilightOdyssey
23-10-2008, 19:54
I'm definitely keeping my big rule book around, it's awesome.

But the small one is definitely the more practical of the two by a LONG shot!!

Eskimo
23-10-2008, 23:38
I have to say.. I was really disappointed when I bought the big rule book to find out I could have got the mini rule book which costs around the same WITH MODELS! Fluff for orks... orks anyday!!

So yeah I'm quite tempted to sell my big rule book but yeah...no one will buy.... *sigh*