PDA

View Full Version : Legion of the Damned

hendybadger
22-10-2008, 20:37
i am looking at building a new space marine force based on the Lotd.
they are going to be a mix of marine and skeleton parts to look alot more dead!

but i need some inspiration

are they any issues of the UK white dwarf or any web sites / forums that have good conversions for Lotd?

hope someone can help

Grimtuff
22-10-2008, 20:39
Check my sig. ;)

hendybadger
22-10-2008, 20:57
love you ghost riders. and the skarbrand conversion is great.

Clang
23-10-2008, 07:39
with a little work, the Khorne Berserker 'skull-face' helmets can be trimmed down to make nice full skull helmets, ideal for LotD (and also cheap chaplains for other marines)

I've seen people shave down the backs of skeleton bits to make half-flat rib cages and bony limbs to glue onto marine armour, but it's a lot of work.

Most people just use paint :) but a few physical conversions are nice for variety, especially to differentiate characters

MaliGn
23-10-2008, 12:34
I think I still have the old Sgt Centurius model knocking about somewhere. Didn't GW release several metal LoTD models or conversion parts for the SM plastics or am I going mad?

hendybadger
23-10-2008, 13:29
you willing to get rid of the sargent model?

i havent been able to find any of the metal parts apart from the really old ones.

mine are going to have complete bone limbs and heads in place of the armour sections to make them alot more skeletal

MaliGn
23-10-2008, 19:02
hehe, I have no idea where he is, but I converted him to Nurgle way back when....

Inquisitor Engel
24-10-2008, 01:13
hehe, I have no idea where he is, but I converted him to Nurgle way back when....

The Heresy inherent (pun not intended) in that statement makes my Inquisitorial blood boil...

You, sir, have an appointment with a bolter round.

DangerousBrian
24-10-2008, 09:56
with a little conversion, chaplains tend to make nice squad leaders/characters due to their skull faces etc.

will try to take some pics of mine for you

Stormlord
24-10-2008, 15:52
What about using the skull head/helmet from the warriors of chaos range?
i have seen several people use it for the chaplain *shrugs*