PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lizardmen

Spartagrot
17-11-2005, 07:48
Hi

I am starting lizardmen & asking for advice about collecting, i have bought the battalion set & i have started to paint the unit of 12 spearmen.
I am painting them as the army of Tepok, green skin, purple scales.

Any help would be great.

CarlostheCraven
17-11-2005, 13:40
Lizardmen are an incredibly flexible army. You can built them fit just about any style of play. You can go magic heavy with a Slann and priests. You can shoot your opponent to death with Salamders, Terradons, and Skinks. Your can pound the ground with large blocks of incredibly good Saurus Warriors. Or you can mount up and crush your foe underneath a rampage of Cold One Riders, Stegadons, and an Oldblood on a Carnosaur. Or you can blend all these elements into an balanced fighting force. Basically, Lizardmen allow you to play any style of game you want.

Tepok... the anti-magic god, right? A solid choice, especially if you choose not to take a Slann because the extra dispel dice will definately come in handy.

Personally, I like Quetzl for the extra armour, if not the yellow scales. If you have a lot of undead players in your area then the immune to psychology God... Itzl?... whatever... is an ideal choice. I might have Itzl and Tepok mixed up. Anyways, I also like to give saurus characters the Spawning of Sotek for an extra attack on the charge.

So I guess my advice is to build your army in a manner that you will enjoy playing, but choose your spawning to help deal with your local opponents.

Cheers

snatcheroo
17-11-2005, 15:43
I recently started a Lizardmen army and a similar thread. I figured you might like to have a look at the advice there. The link is http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16672