PDA

View Full Version : Karak Azgal 1500.

phoenixcrh
22-10-2008, 19:47
General.
Hero. (Kazrik Braybak).
Thane battle standard bearer with a runic axe (master rune of swiftness, rune of cleaving), runic shield (rune of stone) and a runic horn (master rune of challenge) = 167. (goes with warriors)

*2 master engineers with great weapons and runic armour (rune of stone) = 158. (goes with bolt throwers)

Core Units.
*27 warriors with shields = 243. (7*4)

2*10 quarrellers with shields = 240.

Special Units.
2*20 hammerers with shields and a standard bearer = 544.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating) = 70.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning) = 75.

= 1497.

phoenixcrh
23-10-2008, 14:43
What do you think?

koningswulf
23-10-2008, 15:02
Is it a theme that you dont use gunpowder weapons?
If not I rather have the handgunners than the crossbows.

Also i think you better drop some warriors and give them full command instead.

Are you using two enginners with same rune?

If you meet heavy magic armies a runesmith might be needed.

And I always want a gyrocopter in my dwarf armies for harrasment and marchblocking and when needed misdirection or trapment, its really handy.
What you drop instead is based on opponent played.

phoenixcrh
30-10-2008, 13:24
Yes its supposed to be a themed ungrin list (underway).
I have given the warriors there number so that they can survive a charge or two also the thane BSB will go there so i dont need full command.
The rune of stone can be used as many times as you like its the only exeption to the rule :)
I think i should be ok against the average magic user and if its heavy then i will weather it like a proper dwarf :)
I ant use a gyrocopter or gunpowder weapons because of the lists theme. Thank you for the feed back though :)

Heckus
30-10-2008, 14:20
I

Are you using two enginners with same rune?

Rune of Stone is the only rune you can do that with, so he's fine there.

RavenBloodwind
31-10-2008, 02:23
I have given the warriors there number so that they can survive a charge or two also the thane BSB will go there so i dont need full command.

I'll beg to differ with you here. Full command in that unit does several VERY important things:
1) the unit champion can accept a challenge, thereby keeping your BSB alive another turn
2) the unit standard will add an additional +1CR cumulative with the BSBs bonus thereby augmenting your static CR (3 ranks, outnumber, unit banner, BSB=6)
3) the musician can win you a tie

It also appears that your selection of your general is not correct. Your BSB cannot be your general. Therefore the next highest Ld character (one of those pathetic engineers) must be your general.

To tweak the list for improvement I'd suggest:
Drop both master engineers.
Take another thane built fighty as your general.
Consider taking a runesmith as well for 3rd character, but also consider using those points on more troops.

Give the warriors command.
Swap one unit of hammerers for ironbreakers. Hell, if you're making an underway list you really HAVE to have ironbreakers for theme, don't you?
I'd think about getting rid of both units of hammerers (since you have no royal blood around) and taking one ironbreaker unit and either another warrior unit or a unit of longbeards in their place.

Lastly, you might think about a smallish unit of troll slayers to hold up a flank and buy you some time.

Gimp
31-10-2008, 11:45
General.
Hero. (Kazrik Braybak).
Thane battle standard bearer with a runic axe (master rune of swiftness, rune of cleaving), runic shield (rune of stone) and a runic horn (master rune of challenge) = 167. (goes with warriors)

*2 master engineers with great weapons and runic armour (rune of stone) = 158. (goes with bolt throwers)

Core Units.
*27 warriors with shields = 243. (7*4)

2*10 quarrellers with shields = 240.

Special Units.
2*20 hammerers with shields and a standard bearer = 544.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating) = 70.

Runic bolt thrower (rune of penetrating, rune of burning) = 75.

= 1497.

Is your General a BSB because a BSB cant be the army general?

phoenixcrh
03-11-2008, 07:40
My mistake the thane is not the general lol, one of the engineers would be I suppose. It doesnt make any difference as they all have a LD of 9 anyway :)