PDA

View Full Version : Scenic Bases

Somerandomidiot
22-10-2008, 20:56
Hey all-

I'm in the process of starting a new army (I realize that's more of a state of being for some =P) and have been considering for a while now how I want to base them. I'd like to do an industrial theme, and have fallen in love with some of the pre-molded bases available online. (for an example, http://www.thewarstore.com/MASTechBases.html) I think they look great, but as this is an army I'm going to be spending a lot of time on, I don't want to go with something only to regret it later.

Does anyone (specifically tournament judges, as I think they'd be the most picky) have a problem with this kind of basing? I'm afraid I'll be sitting at some tournament in the future, proud of the beautiful miniatures I've created, only to watch my army score drop because I didn't build the bases myself. Am I completely insane worrying about this? Obviously they don't come painted, so I'll be doing that myself, and perhaps adding a little relish such as spent bolter shells, but I won't be significantly modifying them.

the1stpip
22-10-2008, 21:06
I can't imagine that being the case.

Although I have not been to many tournaments, those I have wouldn't be so anal.

I can't imagine this would be a problem.