PDA

View Full Version : Transpoting Trukks (And other fiddly vehicles)

NeonDante
22-10-2008, 21:06
I've finially finished my wartrukk, and I'm wondering how to bring it to the game store. there's been threads about carrying vehicles before, but the ork trukks are so skeletal and fragile that even packed in foam or newspaper I'm afraid they would break. So how do I brink orky wheelz to the game?

(I'd rather drive one... WAAAGH!)

Moriarty
22-10-2008, 21:28
Bit late, but magnets are your friend. That and add a little extra reinforcement to the trukk - it's Ork, so who's to complain?

devik
22-10-2008, 21:37
I've just carried them in boxes packed with light amounts of foam, honestly.

MrGiggles
22-10-2008, 21:59
Boxes with foam or packing material work well. If you want an 'official' case for them, the folks at Sabol (http://www.saboldesigns.net/home.html) make some nice, big foam inserts for their line of cases and even make the Motorpool case which is wider than most in order to accommodate really big stuff. They're nice cases to be sure, but it's really your call whether you prefer them to the GW ones or not. Some folks do and some folks don't.

I've seen a few other links to modular case products around the forums here too, but I can't recall exactly when/where.

NeonDante
22-10-2008, 22:32
I've just carried them in boxes packed with light amounts of foam, honestly.

Ahh, so this does work. Can anyone give me a link to a picture of a box like this? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

If I break da wheelz, Da Mekboy iz gonna av' word wiv me...

Coasty
22-10-2008, 22:35

Warp-crazy-snotling-in-the-brain for table two!

devik
22-10-2008, 22:36
Ahh, so this does work. Can anyone give me a link to a picture of a box like this? Just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

If I posted the pic on here, people would probably wet themselves and want to take my trukks away from me. It's this corrugated cardboard box I got from an old LGS a few years back, I think it was used to ship a couple cartons of Magic cards, and I just threw some styrofoam sides, and some bubblewrap on the bottom.

Then again I'm extremely careful with transporting my stuff, so I'm not so worried about dropping it. If it were resin, I'm sure I'd change my story though!