(321)

Total: 2251
Power Dice: 6
Dispel Dice: 5 (+ 3 Scrolls)

Comments are welcome!

- V

Kalec
22-10-2008, 23:16
BSB can't take a shield, so that has to go.

Also, going to recommend against damsels with level 2 or any gear besides dispel scrolls. 6 pd will do practically nothing, the chalice is horrid, and the points can be better spent elsewhere.

I don't see what the virtue of duty paladin is doing for you. Cutting him and bringing the damsels down to level 1 would let you fill out the knights errant and buy some more men at arms or peasant archers to support your cavalry.

One option for your lord it to kit him out for challenges. Virtue of the duel and the birth-sword would be perfect. He can still use a mundane lance, so he loses very little when charging.

You might also want to consider a trebuchet to give your army a little more punch before combat. It would also give the opponent a reason to do something with his fast units besides hit your knights and infantry in the flank or rear.

Voltaire
23-10-2008, 06:36
Well, the Shield loss just brings me back down into the healthier region of the points limit.

The Virtue of Duty Paladin is intended as an additional support to my Grail Knights adding a guaranteed extra point of combat bonus. That combined with the extra kills makes me think he is going to stay really.

The Lord is not changing. That is set in stone simply because I know that his current build will maximise his damage potential against anyone he charged or challenges. The Birth Sword seems to be for prolonged combats - something I don't intend to be in!

I question the dropping of the Chalice as well as its an Undead heavy environment here and an extra dice against their IoN spam each turn is better than stopping a single spell for sure and no long term gain

Kalec
23-10-2008, 13:39
The birth sword and virtue of confidence trades a grand total of 1 strength for forcing the enemy to reroll failed armorsaves. It isn't as good in killing rank and file (not that the lord needs much help with that) but is far better against enemy characters that will be very well-armored. If your lord doesn't kill the enemy on the charge, he won't have much chance of killing him at all.

Helveticus
23-10-2008, 15:21
Your skirmishing bowmen aren't the right price... you pay a per model cost for skirmishing.

Your BSB is too pricey. Think about Duty + Warbanner. Now instead of providing 1, and possibly negating up to 4 CR, he provides a constant 3.

If you're tooling up the Grail Knights with General, BSB, and Damsel- consider either the 4+ Missile fire ward save banner, or the Conqueror's Tapestry.

gerrymander61
23-10-2008, 15:49
banner of lady is good, but consider that you're doing enough damage on the charge to cripple their rank bonus anyways. Get the warbanner instead.

Your damsels: Dont make them lv2, they're not going to get any useful spells off anyways. Keep them lv1, drop the chalice and one of the scrolls, stick the other one on a warhorse, and just use them to add magic resistance to your units of knights.

Use the points you save from those to add a trebuchet, and more skirmishing bowmen. This'll also give you something to do with your men-at-arms, who otherwise will really lag behind your 4 units of knights. Oh, and drop the champion on your men-at-arms. You really don't want him to get challenged.

GuyLeCheval
23-10-2008, 15:54
You've to pay for a steed for your lord, as you haven't paid for the virtue of empathy

Helveticus
23-10-2008, 15:55
Drop one unit of Knights of the Realm, beef the Errants up to 9ish. Drop the Men At Arms entirely. Beef up the skirmishing archers, and add a Grail Reliquae with a total of about 19 pilgrims (total Unit Strength 25+ to prevent being outnumbered by Fear Causers.)

Voltaire
23-10-2008, 20:30
Here's the updated list with correct points value...

Bretonnian Lord
The Heartwood Lance, Gromril Great Helm
Virtue of the Joust, Gauntlet of the Duel
Shield

Battle Standard Bearer
Banner of the Lady
Virtue of Discipline (15)
Grail Vow, Steed

Paladin
Virtue of Duty, Cuirass of Fortune
Shield, Steed, Grail Vow

Damsel
2 Scrolls

Damsel
Chalice of Malfleur
Dispel Scroll
Warhorse

(897)

8 Knights of the Realm
Full Command
Conquerors Tapestry

8 Knights of the Realm
Full Command
Twilight Banner

6 Knights Errant
Command
Errantry Banner

20 Men at Arms
Command

12 Peasant Bowmen
Skirmishers

(883)

3 Pegasus Knights
Command

5 Mounted Yeomen
Musician

(155)

7 Grail Knights
Command
Warbanner

(321)

Total: 2251
Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 5 (+ 3 Scrolls)

Traded magic levels and some points here and there for more skirmishing archers and Mounted Yeomen.

Laurela
24-10-2008, 01:41
That's a lot of points spent on characters, I'd probably drop the Paladin and add a Treb. 7 Grail Knights seems like quite a big unit to me, I'd consider dropping it down to 5 and beefing up the Men at Arms unit, I suggest running it at 25-30 models. And maybe add another unit of Bowmen in there too 8).