PDA

View Full Version : Tau Targeting Array

zerachiel
23-10-2008, 01:19
General question for the Tau players (or people familiar with all the knobby bits on the XV8): what do you use for the Targeting Array support system? I can't find an example of the Targeting Array in the Codex, surprisingly, and there doesn't seem to be one that screams "Targeting Array" on the sprue.

Othiem
23-10-2008, 01:41
I like the target lock bit, since nobody ever uses the target lock anyways it never really causes confusion.

Malphax
23-10-2008, 01:43
I only use the TA on my oldschool XV15 stealthsuits, so it doesn't really make much of a difference. On Crisis suits/Broadsides I would use the TL bit though.

AbusePuppy
23-10-2008, 02:08
The so-called "Deathrain" model suits (an XV8 with twin-linked Missile Pods) are a favorite choice of mine to take the Array. It gives you two very reliable shots for anti-armor at long range and is reasonably cheap, perfect for taking out transports (and does high-toughness critters in a pinch).

It's also a cheap upgrade to a shas'el commander to give him the same BS as a shas'o for fewer points; you can mount a pair of weapons in your other two slots and put Multitracker/Drone Controller/etc on as hardwired gear.

It can also be a decent vehicle upgrade, depending on the role you're looking for. I'd avoid it on Pirahnas and Devilfish these days, but anything else it's worth considering.

TheMav80
23-10-2008, 02:26
I just count the longer antennae as the targeting array.

Creeping Dementia
23-10-2008, 02:30
Unfortunately, there is a wide range of upgrades that there aren't sprue bits for, especially some useful ones like flechette dischargers, disruption pods and suit targeting arrays. Thank goodness we have sensor spines though:wtf:

On the plus side though you basically have perfect creative freedom, so just improvise away. Just stick something on that suit and call it whatever you want, no one will be able to argue with you:cool:

The Orange
23-10-2008, 02:33
I just tell my opponent that certain suits have it. Usually my broadsides. I've made a conversion for my commander by integrating the Target Lock bit into it's helmet, but I've yet to reproduce it.

Othiem
23-10-2008, 03:14
Unfortunately, there is a wide range of upgrades that there aren't sprue bits for, especially some useful ones like flechette dischargers, disruption pods and suit targeting arrays. Thank goodness we have sensor spines though:wtf:

Forgeworld makes some dpods and flechette upgrades

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog/TAU_ACCESSORIES.html

I just used those as inspiration and cut both out of plasticard for my devilfish.

Frostbane
26-10-2008, 14:38
I normally use the Multi-tracker, I personally like the bit and if you stick some other little bits on to the sides you can really make it look neat.