PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf 2000pts Army

koningswulf
23-10-2008, 00:29
1 Supreme Sorceress lv4 (With first rep crossbowman unit)
Life taker
Seal of Ghrond
Staff of Sorcery

1 Sorceress lv2 (With second rep crossbowman unit)
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll

1 Assassin (With warbanner dark elf warrior unit)
Xwp
Touch of death
Rune of Khaine

1 Assassin (With second dark elf warrior unit)
Xwp
Touch of death
Rune of Khaine

5 Harpies

20 Dark Elf Warrior with shields
Standard + musicant
War banner

Standard + musicant

11 Rep Crossbowmen
Musicant

11 Rep Crossbowmen
Musicant

1 Cold One Chariot

1 Cold One Chariot

1 War Hydra

1 War Hydra

Magic: 9 power dices + 2 potential power of darkness spells and Druchii sorcery ability, 6 dispel dices +1 per roll and 1 dispel scroll.
Shooting: Life taker + 26 rep crossbow. 2 Firebreathing warhydras.
Melee: 2Assasin with 2 inf block+ Fc, 2 cold one chariots, 2 warhydras.
Block/Trap: Harpies

So far this army has worked well with good magic, decent shooting and good melee. All in all well balanced albeit a bit fragile but then thats what Dark elfs are all about :D

Edited: Took away Banner of murder, Black Lotus and the 2 Warrior units Lordlings and instead got Touch of Death, 2 rep cbm and 1 warrior.
Thanks all for your input and still happy for ideas and suggestions

PARTYCHICORITA
23-10-2008, 01:19
I don't like the first assasin; both should get black lotus+rune+KB otherwise they won't be killing much. To get the points drop the staff and the banner of murder.
Other than that a nice list.

koningswulf
23-10-2008, 01:24
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

agree with you in a way that I would prefer the combo you mention but I just cant find the points for him as well but the first assassin is with a unit with the murder banner so he is meant to go full out on normal troops with his first strike ability with 4+d3 attacks with reroll and posion and str4 and -2 ac piercing he should be able to take some troopers down. Supported with hydra and cold one chariot and ranks of warriors he should be able to tip the balance to wins i reckon. But yes the above combo would be nice.

Any thought where to get some points from to get him the combo or other ideas?
All ideas and suggestions gladly taken

Dark Apostle197
23-10-2008, 04:25
Drop life taker to get the points?

aimbob
23-10-2008, 06:40
I'm not so fond of lists without cavalry. But ok beside that I'm doubting your combat will be good. For core troops maybe. But this list could work.

I trade a unit warriors for black guards or executioners. A small unit of executioners can be used for major flanking damage.

FunkyRatDemon
23-10-2008, 07:09
1 Supreme Sorceress lv4 (With first rep crossbowman unit)
Life taker
Seal of Ghrond
Staff of Sorcery

1 Sorceress lv2 (With second rep crossbowman unit)
Darkstar Cloak
Dispel Scroll

1 Assassin (With banner of murder dark elf warrior unit)
Xwp
Rune of Khaine

1 Assassin (With war banner dark elf warrior unit)
Xwp
Touch of death
Black Lotus
Rune of Khaine

5 Harpies

Full command
Banner of Murder

19 Dark Elf Warrior with shields
Full command
War banner

10 Rep Crossbowmen
Musicant

10 Rep Crossbowmen
Musicant

1 Cold One Chariot

1 Cold One Chariot

1 War Hydra

1 War Hydra

Magic: 9 power dices + 2 potential power of darkness spells and Druchii sorcery ability, 6 dispel dices +1 per roll and 1 dispel scroll.
Shooting: Life taker + 24 rep crossbow. 2 Firebreathing warhydras.
Melee: 2Assasin with 2 inf block+ Fc, 2 cold one chariots, 2 warhydras.
Block/Trap: Harpies

So far this army has worked well with good magic, decent shooting and good melee. All in all well balanced albeit a bit fragile but then thats what Dark elfs are all about :D

Happy for ideas and suggestions to improve it :)
On your Supreme Sorceress, lose Lifetaker and the Seal, add a Pendant (I presume you meant Black Staff, why bother shooting with her?)
On your Lv1, lose the Cloak and just add a Level!!!
Lose the Banner of Murder on the unit
Lose the War Banner from the other unit too
Lose the Musicians from the Crossbowmen aswell, not needed +pts sink
I'd lose the Black Lotus on the Assassin, and give them both the Touch of Death
So, with my changes (-30, -30, +35, -25, +35, -25, -25, -5, -5, -20, +30, +30), that will leave you with an additional 35pts to spare. If you only give 1 Assassin Killing BLow then you have enough pts for another unit of Harpies and enough pts left over for another crossbowman or something else...

koningswulf
23-10-2008, 13:48
Drop life taker to get the points?
I could get killing blow instead but 3 shoots str4 that hit on +2 is actually really good. I have used it now on some battle and it works good. But Ill get the touch of death from dropping the banner of murder and some other small twists. Its good to have I agree.

I'm not so fond of lists without cavalry. But ok beside that I'm doubting your combat will be good. For core troops maybe. But this list could work.
I trade a unit warriors for black guards or executioners. A small unit of executioners can be used for major flanking damage.
Well so far the assassin + ranks and outnumber + standard together with the additional punch of chariots and hydras has worked really well. They might lose against really hard armoured elit units like chosen chaos warriors or blood dragons but those units i try avoid fight and instead misdirect if possible.
But of course once in a while ill get trashed by one of those elit units.
I just hope i can avoid most of those combats with better movement.
Those units are not cheap and if they can be misdirected much of the battle is won. As for cavalry i admit they have their uses and when used well can break most lines but I find them mostly a bit overpriced and to easy to shoot down or spelled down since there is so many spells with no armour save.
I think ill stick with infantry block here. That being said I prefer the cheap warriors over executioners or black guards since I am just after the ranks and numbers. The elit units are way to fragile and make the army less hard on other places with their increased costs.
20 black guard versus 20 warriors with shield is 120pt more expensive and they die as easily. Immune to phsycology I admit is good but some times thats bad also since they cant flee either if need be because they are immune to phsycology.
The str4 attacks is good but not really worth the point cost, I rather have 1 more chariot I think.

On your Supreme Sorceress, lose Lifetaker and the Seal, add a Pendant (I presume you meant Black Staff, why bother shooting with her?)
On your Lv1, lose the Cloak and just add a Level!!!
Lose the Banner of Murder on the unit
Lose the War Banner from the other unit too
Lose the Musicians from the Crossbowmen aswell, not needed +pts sink
I'd lose the Black Lotus on the Assassin, and give them both the Touch of Death

I have used the pendant of the supreme sorceror but noticed i seldom got to use it. I really admit tho thats a uber item and could save the day for her but I rather have the lifetaker that does 3 shoots at str4 and hit at +2 always each round. I have found it very usefull.So shooting with her is really good.
Its like having a 3 str4 hit on the enemy without the risk of dispel.
My sorceress is lv2 so the cloak gives her more power to have fun with.
Now the banners I find that what wins you combat is combat resolution hence the warbanner. I never goes to war without it
The banner of murder I could lose I admit but it gives mainly the assassin in that unit str4 AP-2 and that helps. As for the muscians they are their for the rally+1 since I tend to flee with those if charged and that +1 is really handy for 5pts especially if it happends i have the sorceror in the unit.
But I think you are right in that losing the banner of murder and some other small twists and instead give the assassin touch of death is better.
Ill think i change that thanks.

If you have armies that you want comments on please let me know and ill see what i can do.

My Army is now edited! Thanks for all comments and input.
Still happy for all ideas and suggestions.