PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Khorne BoC

WhiteKnight
23-10-2008, 05:06
Been working towards a total anti-magic army since the increase at my GW store's WHFB population, mostly magic heavy armies like VC. So I decided to run a Khorne BoC list since the marks of khorne give +1 dispel dice and Frenzy. And yes, I will use the commonly used Move Forward, Move Backwards tactic for charging.

Doombull:291
MoK, Khorgor's Axes, Heavy Armor
Wargor:145
MoK, Chaos Armor, Slaughterer's Blade
(This guy hopefully, will be seeing lots of combat. Those regained wounds can help a lot.)
Wargor:188
MoK, BSB, Beast Banner, Heavy Armor, 2 Hand Weapons

Khorngors:315
20, full command, MoK

Beast Herd:171
12 gors, 8 ungors, full command, shields

Beast Herd:133
10 gors, 7 ungors, full command, 2 hand weapons

Tuskgor Chariot:130
MoK

Tuskgor Chariot:130
MoK

Minotaurs:241
MoK, Great Weapon, light armor

Minotaurs:241
MoK, Great Weapon, Light armor

Dragon Ogres:237
3, great weapons, light armor

Chaos Ogres:123
3, heavy armor, shield

Spawns of Chaos:150
2 Blood Beasts of Khorne

TOTAL:2495

10 Dispel Dice (YAY!)

Malorian
23-10-2008, 17:35
I had to fight a khorne BoC army in the last tournament and man was that nasty. Soooo many DD (11 in 2000).

As far as I can see it should be fine but you might want to combine those herds. The army I faced had a super herd and I had a very hard time dealing with it (means you won't be outnumbered by a fear causing opponent).

Harwammer
23-10-2008, 17:42
I wouldn't bother with the slaughterer's blade on the wargor.

It only really has a 50 50 chance of restoring at most one wound per turn. It would sit better on the doombull who can use it to restore up to 3 wounds per turn. Indeed has a better chance of triggering a heal due to increased strength and attacks producing more wounds on the enemy. Considering how easy it is to do 2 wounds against T4 with 4+ save and always strikes last I think the wargor will often die without even getting a chance to the special effect of this weapon (generally when strikeing first he won't have taken any wounds yet).

WhiteKnight
25-10-2008, 01:42
I might take the uber herd idea. It sounds cool and maybe i'll make another unit of 20 for more help. And I am considering getting a Shaggoth and more minotaurs.

Aurellis
25-10-2008, 02:35
I like the list although I'd drop the Chaos Ogres and get another Chariot with the Mark of Khorne. I find Chaos Ogres a waste normally considering their relative price pointswise. Where as having a further chariot (making it 11DD) will make you more tactically flexible because you can choose to ambush it or not depending on what army you're facing. Chariots are amazing at cutting down zombies and most T3 units too. I feel DO's and minotaurs do the job of Chaos Ogres so much better.

My Beast Herds number 20, I might try the super herd idea too

Shamfrit
25-10-2008, 02:44
There is only one way to kill those Khorngors.

Infernal Gateway them...

Bloody mean and nice list - good job :D

WhiteKnight
25-10-2008, 03:55
Alright, I'll drop the chaos ogres, and maybe get another chariot. I'd be 2 points over so I'll probably give the bsb a hand weapon and shield so its exactly 2500 points.

WhiteKnight
28-10-2008, 14:37
Any other comments?

Harwammer
28-10-2008, 15:49
I like the list although I'd drop the Chaos Ogres and get another Chariot with the Mark of Khorne. I find Chaos Ogres a waste normally considering their relative price pointswise. Where as having a further chariot (making it 11DD) will make you more tactically flexible because you can choose to ambush it or not depending on what army you're facing.

Are you sure chariots can be ambushed?

I was near certain only gor characters, beast herds and hounds could be ambushed.

Devon Harmon
28-10-2008, 22:35
You need to re-think your BSB. He is not allowed to choose any extra weapons, nor is he allowed to use a shield (pg. 53, sidebar).

I'd also lose the armour on the Minotaurs. I personally only find it effective when combined with the mark of Nurgle. As it is now, you only save on a 6, and that is only if you are being hit on S3 or less.

And yes, chariots do not ambush.

Bully
30-10-2008, 11:33
I've been off warhammer for quite some time, and not played BoC much, but can their chariots really take marks? i can't remember any of that :P is it a new list or something?

Thanks in advance. yes stupid question.

WhiteKnight
30-10-2008, 14:46
The Beastmen FAQ now states that chariots can take marks now so we now mark chariots which are core, and run the same way as orc chariots without the animosity.