23-10-2008, 10:29
1 Thane + shield +rofury+rocleaving+rostone = 117
1 Runesmith +shield +roresistance, rostriking, rostone= 112
20 warriors+ shield+ full command= 205
15 warriors+ shield with standard and musician= 160
10 thunderers+shield = 150
10 hammerers+shields with standard and musician= 128
2 bolt throwers (1 with engi), or 1 cannon with engineer. =105

this comes down to 977 points, this is my first ever dwarf list, so any advice will be awesome.

The thane will join the hammerers and the runesmith will go with one of the warrior blocks. I'm not sure wether I want two bolt throwers or a cannon.. they both seem to have their advantages and disadvantages.

I could also just ditch the runesmith and get 10 quarrelers instead.. I'm not sure about it, so I hope you guys can help me out! At the moment this list also has 23 points left to spend on something.

Malorian
23-10-2008, 17:36
With 4 DD I wouldn't bother with a runesmith. Use those points to up those warrior units to 25.

Crovax20
24-10-2008, 13:11
Two new lists, here is the first

1 Thane, with shield and rocleaving and rostone 92
25 warriors+shields with full command 250
25 warriors+shields with full command 250
10 thunderers with shields 150
10 hammerers, with shield and musician and standard bearer 148
2 bolt throwers one with engineer 105

this comes down to 995 points. I can use the last 5 points to give either the engineer at the war machine a pistol, or add another rune to my thane (like flaming if the enemy has regenerating stuff)

Here is the other list i'm dubbing

1 thane, with shield and rocleaving and rostone 92
20 warriors with shields and full command 205
15 warriors with shields and full command 180
10 thunderers with shields 150
10 quarrelers with shields 120
10 hammerers with shield and mucisian+standard bearer 148
2 bolt throwers one with engineer 105

this list is exactly 1000 points

Which one do you lot think is better? Personally I like the idea of the second list slightly better since it gives me a bit more shooting, while still not turning my army into a gunline or anything. The other list has the advantage of bigger warrior units, but less pew pew. So I guess the question is, would 10 quarrelers do enough damage to outweigh the advantage of big warrior blocks?

Aurellis
24-10-2008, 16:00
Hi crovax,

I like the first list better, Dwarf Warriors blocks can be deadly and keeping up their static combat resolution is a must if they're going to win combats and not jsut grind out a draw or keep in the combat with their nice high Ld. I do like Thunderers and Bolt Throwers in 1k game for Dwarfs. I think the list could do quite well. You're covered in the shooting phase, close combat phase and you've got a decent amount of DD for 1k games.

Crovax20
24-10-2008, 18:44
Thanks for the info!

I am worried about cavalry with the first list though.. for example facing O&G I can pretty much be sure I will face fast cavalry units.

Kasumi
24-10-2008, 19:28
Thanks for the info!

I am worried about cavalry with the first list though.. for example facing O&G I can pretty much be sure I will face fast cavalry units.

Very good rune is Master rune of Dismay against such enemy with low LD like orks

and it isn't expansive

General Nemo
24-10-2008, 20:03
With 4 DD I wouldn't bother with a runesmith. Use those points to up those warrior units to 25.

Agreed. I also like the Cannon over the Bolt Throwers.

But I'm just a noob. :P

Kasumi
24-10-2008, 20:47
Agreed. I also like the Cannon over the Bolt Throwers.

But I'm just a noob. :P

It is depend on situation. I thing taht dwarven ballista has many advantages against cannon.
for example: +
- you can have 2 for one special slot
- with rune it can have S7
- there is no situation with blowing up
- no guesses
but there are some minus
- you have to use BS
- a bolt can stop in first victim :D - it cannot continue next
- it makes "only" D3 wounds

hammer326
26-10-2008, 01:15
hey thanks for input on my lists it means a lot and i am a big fan of the second list because i am a huge fan of a gun line but you gotta know how to use them i highly reccommend an organ gun or some great weapons or something when ur fighting lots of cavalry or a few oversized regiments. i played with that 1000 pointer i posted my friend playin lizardmen had 18 cavalry in 1 huge squad with skinks and a stegadon while i just had my rangers and 2 thunderer regiments, idk if i wouldve done better like defending a hill? anyway i like gun lines for low armour and swarm armies but against someone about as armoured as dwarfs dont go all out with the thunderers stock up on some war machines i am really fond of cannons since ive misfired a whopping once in my 7 years of wargaming and their strength 10 hit all the way thru, and rolling to hit only once helps a load. lol one fun thing i did is painted a table quarter of my 4x4 table a different color saying a city is going to go there then i have an idea of how far away they are and set up some smaller terrain as rough 1, 2 ,3 and 4 foot markers so you can have a general idea for guess range weapons. it helps a lot and can really ruin a lot of enemy troops. also what does e1 think, 2 cannons, an organ gun and cannon, or 1 of each plus a stone thrower or stone thrower and cannon? thanks.

Crovax20
26-10-2008, 09:11
err, okay. Tis more of an all comer list than tailored against anything specific... but thanks anyway