PDA

View Full Version : Could you help me identify a game?

Badbones777
23-10-2008, 14:26
Hi guys

Not sure if this is the right place tp post this, or even if we are allowed to discuss OOP games here or not (if so, then please delete)

But basically I'm trying to remember the name of an old game that came free with a White Dwarf (IIRC it was 164, with a chaos dwarf riding a bull-thingy, but i could be wrong-Im pretty sure the ssue was oin the 160's anyway) And it depicted the Emperors attack on Horus' flag ship. It was done in a similar style to Battle for Armageddon and Horus Heresy, (with counters and stuff) but was set wholly on the Battle barge.
If anyone knows what it was called (and if there is anyway to get hold of a copy or download of the board or whatver) I'd be very grateful!

Thanks

Brimstone
23-10-2008, 15:14
It was called Warmaster and can be found in issue 161

WD 161 (http://gamehobby.net/white_dwarf_magazine/white_dwarf_161.html)

Beyond getting a back issue I'm not aware of any other way of getting hold of it and it would still be copyrighted to GW.

Badbones777
23-10-2008, 15:28
Awww nice one Brimstone! knew it was in the 160's! unfortuneately I cut out (and played to death!) my copy, and i dont know where I put the board (or the horlicks jar with all the counters!) Hmmmm, best get myself over to eBay then i guess-had a look on the out of print stuff on GW website (and Brewhouse Bash is on there as a free PDF, as is "Bommerz over Da Sulfur rivva" W00t!) but sadly not warmaster. Ho hum. Just have to keep my eyes peeled for an untouched WD 161

Thanks for the speedy reply mate:)

pookie
13-01-2009, 09:58
i might just have it somewhere . . . . if i do i'l pm you.

DarthSte
13-01-2009, 11:26
I loved that game... Don't know where to get a copy from though... sorry!