PDA

View Full Version : Dogs of War??

spiderman518
24-10-2008, 01:23
Has anybody else noticed that the Dogs of War section on the GW website seems to be missing? Has the the army been disbanded? Anyone know whats up?

Bac5665
24-10-2008, 01:25
The army is no longer supported in any way. You can get some of the models from the collectors range, and find the rules on some of the websites that haven't been updated in a while, I remember reading somewhere on the board that GW addmitted that DoW were dead for the foreseeable future.

Braad
24-10-2008, 07:12
Well, AFAIK they didn't comdamn them to death yet. No-one told us the rules were not legal anymore.
But indeed, no new stuff is created, and in the rumour thread about (i believe it was) Italians Games Day someone told us that he heard DOW as a standalone army is going to stop somewhere in the future, and they are also unsure of the use of the DOW and ROR units in other armies.

I believe it was about stopping the interchangeability between armies, so that you could not as easily undo your weaknesses with DOW.

But if anyone thinks I'm not going to use my nicely converted gobbo-cannon anymore, then they will be in for a surprise!

Condottiere
24-10-2008, 07:51
Maybe they'll reconsider five years down the road. While I'll admit that seeing a cannon turn up up in an Orc horde is a little surprising at times, they're better off revising the rules then dropping them.

If I weren't stuck trying to assemble my current army book project, I'd give it a go.