PDA

View Full Version : Grab Bag Wood-elfish questions

Tsear
24-10-2008, 02:17
I had a few questions that came up when I played a game with wood elves.

1. If a wood elf unit is fighting in a wood and breaks from combat, does the wood help them escape in any way, or do we still simply compare the flee roll with the pursuit roll, ignoring the effects of the terrain?

2. Does an Alter Kindred Highborn shoot five shots or four with the Bow of Loren?

3. Can I place my free wood within 12" of the center?

If any questions are questionable, please just point me to the appropriate page, FAQ, or what have you. Thanks for the help :)

FaHeMan89
24-10-2008, 03:41
1) terrain is ignored by fleers and pursuers
2) as alter increases his attack stat to 5, he gets 5 shots
3) yes you can, so long as it is on your half of the board

Condottiere
24-10-2008, 05:41
3. I don't think that any terrain piece may be placed in the centre of the table, unless it was part of a carefully thought out scenario.

The Red Scourge
24-10-2008, 05:56
3. I don't think that any terrain piece may be placed in the centre of the table, unless it was part of a carefully thought out scenario.

Pitched battle is a carefully thought out scenario for wood elves then ;)

sneroplex
24-10-2008, 07:32
FaHeMan89's got this one covered.

Chicago Slim
24-10-2008, 16:34
1) terrain is ignored by fleers and pursuers
2) as alter increases his attack stat to 5, he gets 5 shots
3) yes you can, so long as it is on your half of the board

Agreed, though I'd modify #1 to specify that difficult and very difficult terrain is ignored. Impassable terrain is not.

Picky, I know, but there it is.

On the third point, terrain placement rules in the BRB specify that you can't normally setup terrain within 12" of the center of the board, but of course the WE Army Book rules override that (as they specify "on your half of the board").