PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 / Worst 3 WFB Models?

Roark
24-10-2008, 07:17
Saw Najo's thread and thought it might be a useful way of getting some opinions from you guys (so please excuse my unoriginality, Najo).

I'm really new to WFB, but I've read some widely varying opinions about the models themselves. For example: Bloodletters. I think the new models absolutely dominate over the chunky old axe-wielding guys, but I've seen that some old-school players/modellers loathe the new models. Is it that people get attached to 5th/6th edition stuff due to many hard-fought battles with them, or is it a liking for particular style of sculpt?

I dig the more (what I see as) more "realistic", proportional stuff, and I find the chunkier cartoonish stuff pretty ugly and/or comical. But anyway... I'm keen to hear your opinions.

TOP 3 MODELS

1. Chaos Dwarfs Earthshaker Cannon
2. (new) Cold One Knights
3. Grail Reliquae

WORST 3 MODELS (and unsolicited comments)
1. Clanrats
2. Dragon Ogres (I pretty much feel sorry for anyone who plays Beasts, and I dearly hope they get re-done)
3. Bloodthirster (what's with the wings??? ...and the whip??? ...and the fists??? Is this guy a Pokemon??? Horrible...)

PopeAlexanderVI
24-10-2008, 07:28
1. Great Unclean One
2. Lord of Change
3. Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

1. Chaos Ogres
2. Dragon Ogres
3. Screaming Skull catapult

Fraggzy
24-10-2008, 07:45
worst 3:
1. Deamonettes (the new models are so bad compared to the old ones)
2. shaddow warriors (the new models there too, the old were good)
3. cant remember a third one right now

DoktorZinieztro
24-10-2008, 07:51
We'll go for the 21st century models, to avoid a very long walk down memory lane and the obvious "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was that?" from them yun' uns'...

Yays:
1. Bel'akor (I just can't keep my eyes off the thing... and I bought three!)
2. Doomseekers (gotta luv them even crazier stunties1)
3. New Cold Ones... YUMMY!

Nays:
1. New plastic Ghouls.
2. Dragon Ogres.
3. Old Metal Ghouls.

Honorable Mention Yay: Many of the new Dwarf lords and heroes are really great!

Infamous Almost-made-it Nay: Ogre Kingdom Gorgers. One body, two diff arms and heads... All equally hideous!

But here I am, still hoping my meager converting skills can do something about the 10 I got at a dogbin for peanuts and a couple of pocket dustbunnies...

mistformsquirrel
24-10-2008, 07:58
Hmm...

Best 3:

1) Archaon - I know this is probably a bit 'typical' but seriously, I don't even like Archaon and I thin the model is amazing >.<

2) Old Daemonettes - I really dug these >.< they were very much in the realm of "... not sure if want..." which is precisely how a Daemonette should be imo.

3) The new Chaos Knights - They have REALLY grown on me (like, head growing out of my elbow growing >.>) and I pretty much have to get some now.

Worst 3:

1) Minotaurs - <;_;> They're so... *****.

2) Dragon Ogres - Also very ***** <_ _>;

3) Bloodthrister - It just looks... wrong... on so many levels. And not in the good "omg Chaos!" way - but in the "... you got beat with an ugly stick" kinda way. Its mostly the head that really does it.. it just looks... meh.

Thats just me of course <,<

swordd
24-10-2008, 08:34
Best 3
1 Kurt Helborg
2 Great Unclean one
3 Plaugebears

Worst
1 Empire general on griffon
2 Dark elf on manticore
3 Witch elves

Lordsaradain
24-10-2008, 11:06
Best 3
1. Dark elf executioners
2. Nurgle Lord on Daemonic Steed
3. Bel'akor

Worst 3
1. Spirit Hosts (who buys those models anyway? Ghosts with sheets!?! Give me a break...)
2. 5th Edition Daemonettes
3. Old Dark Elf Sorceress on Cold One

MonkeyLord
24-10-2008, 11:19
Best 3
1. Valten, Exalted of Sigmar
Not usually a huge fan of the Empire stuff, but I will admit that Valten (Exalted) is probably one of the most beautiful minis GW has ever released. I bought one just to paint it, something I very rarely do, considering I can barely afford to maintain my own army as it is. ;)

2. Dark Elf Cold One Knights
Despite some issues with the poor sprue layout, I firmly believe they are hands down one of the best looking plastic kits available. From any game, not just WHFB. :lol: The mounts themselves are nothing short of incredible. I remember when photos of the 3-up hit the scene, there was collective disbelief from many that such fantastic, detailed models could possibly be for rank and file troops. It *had* to be for a character model.

3. Wood Elf Lord with Great Weapon
This one inches in as a favorite. OMFG, I hate fighting Wood Elves, but man, they have a (mostly) beautiful minis line, and this particular model is the best example of the bunch.

Honorable mentions:
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth - Just incredible. Love it
Hellcannon - Beautiful model, even more impressive in person
Dark Elf Executioners - best looking rank and file infantry infantry in the game, imho
Bel'Akor - Need I say more?
Horrors of Tzeench - I love the new horrors... Very netherworldy and bizarro

Worst 3
1.) 6th edition Dark Elf War Hydra
Easily one of the worst models GW has ever released (despite the nice looking beastmasters). The new 7th edition Hydra completely blows it away. I know it's not a current model, but I really needed to add it because I know some folks (who are insane) are still using it. At least Nagash the Evil Clown isn't really usable anymore. ;)

2.) Tomb Kings Bone Giant
Terrible, terrible model. Oddly proportioned, ridiculous head dress, etc. It just looks *bad*

3.) Ogre Kingdoms Gorgers
Ugh. I *love* the OKs, but the gorgers are just awful. I hate their faces, their pose, etc.

4.) Bloodthirster
Ok, more than 3, but this one had to make the list. The face, the wings, the hands, the whip, etc. Everything about this model is bad. I would pony up the cash for the Forgeworld Bloodthirster before ever fielding this little embarrassment.

Dishonorable Mentions:
Ogre Kingdoms Yetis - A solid unit with great rules that I never, ever use because the models suck ass. Almost as bad as the gorgers.

Dragon Ogres - Suffer from 4th/5th edition Ogreness. REALLY need an update, especially since the OK ogres make them look like complete dorks.

Harpies - Just ugly and 2 dimensional. Really would like to see an update.

EDIT: Oh, and the Minotaurs. Ugh, they seriously need an update.

StarFyre
24-10-2008, 12:32
Top:

1) Be'lakor
2) Slann Mage-Priest
3) new cold ones (the dinos, not the riders)
4) Lord on Carnosaur

Worst:

1) Great Unclean One
2) Bloodthirster
3) Bone Giant
4) Chaos Chariot

Regards,

Sanjay

Ward.
24-10-2008, 12:40
Favourites:
1: The old daemonettes, I've got to find myself some more (the boobworm was a favourite as well)
2: Grave guard.
3: The kroak model.

Dislikes:
1: The screaming bells grey seer, why can't they replace him with the thanqual model?
2:The old lizardmen sculpts (I'm probably the only one).
3: Clanrat club foot syndrome, the rest of the model suits me though.

Lordsaradain
24-10-2008, 12:42
Worst:

1) Great Unclean One

Just curious, do you dislike the GUO because you dislike shapless blobs, smile and pus(as in the essence of Nurgle) in gerenarl, or is it because you think that the current incantation of the GUO model is bad because it doesn't mtach the fluff, he doesn't look jolly or for some other reason?

BigbyWolf
24-10-2008, 12:53
Best 3:
Grimgor Ironhide
Ushabti
Champion of Nurgle (mounted with scythe)

Worst 3:
Plastic Dragon (I don't see why people like it- it looks like a worm with wings!)
Nagash (I know it's an old model, but it's awful!)
The last version of the Chaos Knights (not seen the new ones yet, but the last ones were pretty shoddy)

I also love most of the old metal dragons, there's nothing like having a centre piece that ways more than the rest of your army....

GodlessM
24-10-2008, 12:53
Best
1. Be'lakor
2. Hellcannon
3. The Green Knight

Worst
1. Dragon Ogres
2. Harpies
3. Old Chaos Warriors
4. Plastic Spawn

Braad
24-10-2008, 12:58
@ MonkeyLord, just a little comment. I don't know that much about it, but I believe the bone giant is not in fact a dead giant, but more a construction of different stuff. So being oddly proporioned is not actually weird in this one.

Now my list. I shall try to refrain from "orcs, orcs, orcs" for the best three...

Top:
1- Be'lakor
Excellent model. Has everything it needs. Maybe a few hooks/chains less, but that's just a minor thing. I bought one, but since I had no use for it after beasts were seperated, I gave it away.

2- Badruk 'Eadsplitta (had to put one...)
This is how an orc is supposed to look like! No silly jawlines like we see nowadays, just plain and brutal!

3- Dark elf cold one knights
Especially the cold ones, of course, but overall just awesome sculpts!

Bottom:
1- Dragon ogres
Bad, bad, bad. Should be replaced when the beasts books comes out, just as the minotaurs.

2- Vampire counts bat swarm
They just look rediculous...

3- Daemon princes
And I mean the ones they just got rid of (can't find them in the store, at least). Good riddance if you ask me.

hippyhunter5
24-10-2008, 13:08
Best
1.Flamers
2.Manfred on Nightmare
3.Great Unclean One

Worst
1.http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50005&prodId=prod1130323&rootCatGameStyle=wh
2.http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50005&prodId=prod1130323&rootCatGameStyle=wh
3.http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50005&prodId=prod1130323&rootCatGameStyle=wh
I actually start feeling a tad queasy looking at that, it is simply disgusting.

Chiron
24-10-2008, 13:12
Best
1 - Marauder Dwarf Handgunners
2 - Marauder Giant
3 - Familiars

Worst
1 - Liche Priest 1
2 - Liche Priest 2
3 - Bone Giant head... now with rasta hair skellies!

Vlad_D
24-10-2008, 13:14
1. Archaon (foot and mounted)
2. Belakor
3. Vlad Von Carstein

Bottem
1. Any mini on a griphon
2. Necromancers
3. Dragon ogres

rikard
24-10-2008, 13:17
Top three:
1. Belakor
2. Archaon
3. Mannfred on nightmare.

Worst three
1. Kroxigors - (both 6th edition and the pics of the one for the up and coming release) serious how hard is it to sculpt a decent dinosaur/arnold schwarzenegger cross?

2. Lollipop bat swarms - would you like a flake with that?

3. Ogre kingdom gorgers - the pose alone is terrible and un-naturalistic, the potential for this along with a lot of the artwork too means there was no excuse for the sculpts.

Jedi152
24-10-2008, 13:24
I have so many favourite's it's impossible to choose 3!

Kurt Helborg - amazing, all we need now are knights like this.
Wood elf nobles - all of them except the spear one.
Slann - superb model.
Konrad - A mad frothing maniac who looks just the part.
Questing Knights - wonderful characterful models.
Be'lakor - Lovely.
Manfred - both types. This is what vampires should look like.
Dwarf lord with Great Weapon.
Thorgrim Grudgebearer.
King Alrik Ranulfsson.

Lord Khabal
24-10-2008, 13:38
Top:
1 - Belakor
2 - archaon
3 - tzeentch lord on disc

Bad:
1 - Gorger
2 - dragon ogre
3 - orc riders

GuyLeCheval
24-10-2008, 13:46
:p
3. New chaos lord on steed
2. grey seer
1. Lord Kroak

:cries:
3. Dragon ogres
2. New Khorne heroes/lords (O.K. not one choice but...)
1. New aristrocatic (or something) vampire. Ugh.

Count Demandred
24-10-2008, 14:07
Best Three

Khorne Lord on Juggernaught
Best. Model. Ever.

(still don't quite like the idea of Juggernaughts, but jeesh is this model awesome)

Wood Elf Lord with Great Weapon
Majestically ominous model, has an element of quiet forboding; almost a feel of helplessness, as if he's ready to meet his death head on.

Nice captured motion too.

Mannfred von Carstien
The model exhudes power, it just epitomises the feral/bestial/savage side of Vampires.

With a LOT of special mentions:
- Chaos Khorne Champion on Foot, Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount, Be'lakor, Dragon Ogre Shaggoths
- Blood Knights, Konrad von Carstien
- Cold One Knights
- Slann-Mage Priest, Kroq'gar on Carnosaur
- High Elf Prince and Mage on Dragon, High Elf Hero with Sword and Shield
- ALL the Warrior Priests, Mounted Valten
- Waywatchers

Bottom Three

Black Knights
Generic spears-up pose. Funny looking heads. Steeds are unproportionately skinny. Just absolutely horrible models all-round.

Chaos Ogres
Old and horrible.

Dark Elf Dreadlord on Foot
What's with the stupid Dragon perched on his shoulder? He's wielding a weapon primarily used for entertainment, and an un-inspired pose.

Just horrible compared to other new moulds.

Other, er, 'special' mentions: Kroxigors, Malekith, Dragon Ogres, Necromancers, One-winged Vampire Lord (it's actually quite a cool, though I just hate the fact he's only got one wing...)

Crispian25
24-10-2008, 14:28
Top:
1: Crom the Conqueror: decked out in weapons, like any good Chaos Lord
2: Grimgor: a large orc yelling a challenge and carrying a big axe (how an orc should be)
3: The Masque

Worst:
1: Dragon Ogres: I want, but I'll be damned to have any model sticking it's tongue out
2: Minotaurs: horribly proportioned, goofy faces, and human feet
3: New Bloodletters: just too wonky

Odin
24-10-2008, 14:35
Well, if we're talking about current models...

Best 3:
Khorne Lord on Jugger
Wood Elf Noble with Great Weapon
Archaon

Worst 3:
Chaos Trolls
Chaos Ogres
Treekin

..though I collect Wood Elves and Chaos, so looking at my selections it seems I might have a slight bias!

Of course, the giant clown Nagash was probably the worst ever.

I'm surprised so many people have picked the Dragon Ogres. Yes, they're looking a bit dated, but they were good models at the time, and I still quite like them. Unfortunately one of mine is armless (I used in in a Daemon Prince conversion, and can't get separate bits now).

warflag
24-10-2008, 14:41
Why so much hatred against the bloodthirster? Best evil Baboon ever!:D

(in no particular order)

Ork Wyvern (not latest, not Azhag or shaman, the one that looked like a winged snake, rider with real bored attitude;) )
Long Beards (4th ed., all different weapons)
Fanatics (5th ed., the only true agile looking models)

Worst
(no order)
5th ed. Demon Prince (thatīs pokemon)
All them plastic Boars ( if it wasnīt for the plug-nose, I wouldnīt see a hog at all)
Plastic skaven (apemen, they should have the BT as their chief)

Not all metal rules, not all plastic is crap, but I am an oldschooler as far as WHFB is concerned.

Cheers
Bart

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
24-10-2008, 14:51
The Best
1. Slann mage priest
2. New deamon Princes
3.Choas Lord on Juggernut

The worst
1. Vlad Von Carson
2. Mannfried Von Carson
3. Blind Elthreon

FurryMiguell
24-10-2008, 15:09
:)
1. Crom the Conqueror (he is the coolest of characters ever to be modeled, no doubt)
2. Fanatics (so funny looking!)
3. Female HE mage (without the orb thing under her feet!)

:(
1. The new Deamonettes (loved the old ones. bought a batch of em before the new came)
2. Zombie dragon ( i flat hated that model...)
3. Clanrat (to chunky and big-footed for rats)

Cheers:D

loveless
24-10-2008, 16:50
Top (no order):
New Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount
Aristocratic Vampire (it's really just the HM paintjob that ruins the face)
Be'lakor

Honorables to Archaon the Everchosen, Teclis, and Vlad von Carstein

Bottom (no order)

Konrad von Carstein (nowhere NEAR as cool as the artwork in the Vampire book)
Winged Vampire Lord (google an image of a bat wing, compare it to his wing, join in my hatred)
Minotaurs (ugh)

Additional - Dragon Ogres, Knightly Orders, Plastic Orc Warboss kit

larabic
24-10-2008, 18:14
Order doesn't really matter but -

Top:
1. Cold one knights (hero on cold one)
2. Albion giant with rock over head
3. Khorne hero on juggernaught

Worst:
1. Minotaurs
2. Dragon Ogres
3. Pregno-wyvern

Wolfmother
24-10-2008, 18:18
i would go three best

1- slan
2-belakor
3-konrad

worst

1-malakith on dragon horns :(
2-dragon ogres
3-screaming skull catipult

Ethlorien
24-10-2008, 18:18
Top 3
1) High Elf Lord on Dragon
2) Lion Chariot of Chrace
3) Archaon

Bottom 3
1) Dragon Ogres
2) Minotaurs
3) That new female Vampire

Laurela
24-10-2008, 18:20
Top:
1. Great Unclean One
2. Rat Ogre
3. Doom Diver

Bottom:
1. Chaos Dwarf Warriors
2. Bull Centaurs
3. Great Lammasu (ewww)

Lord Dan
24-10-2008, 18:37
Best Metal
1) Wood Elf Waywatcher Lord
2) Dark Elf Executioners
3) Direct Order Empire Champion w/ Mace

Best Plastic
1) 6th ed. Empire Soldiers
2) 7th ed. Skeleton Warriors
3) Ogre Ironguts

Worst Metal
1) 6th or 5th ed. (can't recall, the last one, anyway) Hydra model
2) 7th ed. Mannfred Von Carstein on Foot
3) Manticore

Worst Plastic
1) BFSP Dwarf Warriors
2) Skaven Rat Ogres
3) Tomb king horses

Honorable Mentions:
Zombie plastics
Empire Greatswords
Old Vlad Von Carstein
New High Elf Chariot Kit
Dark Elf Bolt Thrower crew
New Wood Elf Wardancers
Plastic Cold One Knights
Night Goblin Boss w/ 2 hand weapons
Alacanti Fellowship

CommissarKlink
24-10-2008, 19:03
Off the top of my head, in no particular order:

Top-
Blood Knights (especially their horses)
Grumlok and Gazbag (love the beard scalps and general hugeness)
Dragon Ogre Shoggoth (Shaggoth? I can't remember which is WHFB and which is Lovecraft...)

Bottom-
Chaos Ogres ('nuff said)
Plastic Warboss kit (decent sculpts, but so small! Rank and file Black Orcs are bigger than this guy)
Bone Giant (the second coming of Nagash)

Weldo Rubin
24-10-2008, 21:02
Bezt:

1: New Cold One Knights
2: New Grave Guard
3: 6th Edition Daemonettes

Wurzt:

1: Black Knights
2: New Giant
3: Necromancers (toy swords!)

isidril93
24-10-2008, 21:19
1.http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50005&prodId=prod1130323&rootCatGameStyle=wh

just asking but what is wrong with selafin? sorry but i just LOVE that models (but i must admit the colours are very crap (green?))

favourite
High elf dragon
Selafin
the old shadow warriors

least
dragon ogres
malekith
most empire core (sorry its so wide but they're guys in tights)

Eldramesha
24-10-2008, 22:08
Best

1. Archaon on Foot (Deadly man walking...)
2. 5th ed Dragon Princes of Caledor (The green and orange scheme was kick ass)
3. Old School Daemonettes (So happy I own some)

Worst

1. Malekith on Black Dragon (I want a model that looks like he looks in WAR or on the 6th edition cover)
2. New Daemonettes (Couldn't you just cast the old ones in plastic? Everyone would have loved you.)
3. Dragon Ogres (These are supposed to look threatening?, even by old school GW standards they suck)

Honorable mention: Old School Gorilla Chaos Warriors (I didn't even consider Chaos a viable army till the new warriors came out.)

Aurellis
24-10-2008, 22:22
Best 3:
1. Dark Elf Executioners champion
2. Khorngor standard bearer
3. Dwarf Gyrocopter

Worst 3:
1. Chaos Ogres
2. Skaven Rat Ogres
3. 5th edition Chaos Warriors

RossS
24-10-2008, 23:00
I. There was this old grey seer model holding a poison wind globe that was really stunning. I don't know where I could get my greedy mits on one, though.

II. The 5th edition Lizardmen range (not the plastics). I loved the metal saurus and skinks, and the old salamander is unquestionably superior to the new scrawny, hang-doggy looking thing. It's also my favorite GW monster ever.

III. The new skeleton kit is gorgeous. The models look so good fully ranked-up. I've purchased 8 boxes of these bad boys.

Worst

I. Nagash is comically hideous.

II. There are many, many god-awful vampires, I am completely incapable of selecting one to be "worst." The old Strigoi, the new Von Carsteins, the old Von Carsteins... and every single Lahmian vampires fit into this category.

III. The Chaos Ogres should be filed under a "What were they thinking?" subcategory. Seriously, how could GW even consider unleashing these metal catastrophes on the buying public.

vinny t
24-10-2008, 23:10
Best

1. Be'lakor
2. NEW Cold One Knights
3. NEW Chaos Knights

Honorable Mentions
1. NEW Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
2. Archaon
3. Great Unclean One

Worst

1. Chaos Ogres
2. Old Nagash
3. Morathi on Pegasus

Honorable (Dishonorable???) Mentions
1. Dragon Ogres
2. Black Knights
3. Manticore

MonkeyLord
25-10-2008, 00:52
@ MonkeyLord, just a little comment. I don't know that much about it, but I believe the bone giant is not in fact a dead giant, but more a construction of different stuff. So being oddly proporioned is not actually weird in this one.

Oh I know. I have the TKs book, as I was considering collecting them as an additional army. The bone giant doesn't *look* like a construct at all. It looks like a giant's skeleton. Well, a retarded giant with rickets, anyway. It just isn't a good looking model. Granted, I think this is largely because it is metal, and the sculptor (Colin Dixon, I believe, who generally does pretty good stuff) had to make some aesthetic sacrifices to make sure such a large, heavy model didn't suffer from weak joints or structural support... But even so, it just looks bad. I think the whole concept needs re-envisioning.

orkz222
25-10-2008, 01:09
Best
1) nurgle plague lord on steed
2)WE lord with great wep
3) khorne lord on jugger

worst
1) plastic clan rats with big hands and club feet
2) dragon ogres
3) malekith

Freakiq
25-10-2008, 01:12
Top:

1. Slaanesh Lord on Boobworm.

2. Wood Elf Lord w/ Great Weapon.

3. Tomb Queen Khalida

Bottom:

1. Galrauch

2. Dark Elf Dreadlord

3. Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood

KharnTheBetrayer01
25-10-2008, 01:55
1. Dragon Ogre Shaggoth. Simple and gorgeous, in a Killy sort of way
2. Khornate lord on foot. Axe held high in challenge, helm showing hatred without open mouth and a stupidly long tongue...
3. Brettonian Knights. They all look so good. I bought some to paint and I generally loathe painting

Bottom
3. Any monster-based model Not the shaggoth or Bel'akor. GW really can't do dragons...
2. Skaven Rank and file. Much preferred the old ones, as static as they were
1. Khornate Lord on Demonic steed. Fat guy on a horse with curtains...great

Sir Charles
25-10-2008, 03:37
Top no order
Green Knight
Khalidia

Bottom
Nagash
new Female vampire

Duke Georgal
25-10-2008, 11:46
All time models:

Best:

Archaon Mounted
Green Knight
4th Edition Dark Pegasus

Worst:

Nagash
Bone Giant
Crypt Ghouls

logan054
25-10-2008, 11:52
top:
1 - Khorne lord on jugger
2 - Archoan
3 - chaos warriors

Bad:
1 - Dwarf iron breaker
2 - Chaos hounds
3 - dark elf dragon guy

Garg Foecrusher
25-10-2008, 14:53
My Top 3

1: Great Unclean One (with the horned head of course)
2: Skrag the Slaughterer
3: hmm hard one, but the Thing From the Woods from Mordheim is a really cool mini

Bottom 3

1: Well Nagash is woefully *****, a classic in the hall of shame
2: I don't really like the current Marauder models (the infantry ones), they all look like Iron Maiden fans to me..
3: can't think of any more models in wfb i don't like, but Chaplain Lemartes in 40k is a horrendously ugly model

Krom The Eternal
17-11-2008, 00:02
I think The Top 3 Are Deffinatly
New Cold One Knights
White Lion Chariot
And The New Chaos Knights

Worst 3 I have to say would be
Dragon Ogres
Chaos Lord with MArk of Khorne
Orge Hunter

TheDarkDuke
17-11-2008, 01:16
For myself in no particular order based off of the armies I play as I am drawn to them usually because of a model or several:

1. Ogre Tyrant
2. Lion Chariot
3. Plague Monks

Honorable Mentions:

Ogre Hunter
Yheetee
Sword Masters
Dragon Princes
Savage Orc Boar Boys
Centigors

I will base the bottom more on newer models as 10+ year old models shouldn't be in the same category unless they are that good.

Bottom:

1. Warhawk Riders
2. Chosen Warriors
3. All daemon characters released so far.

Honorable mentions:

Empire foot troops.
Dwarf miners.
Spawns
Dragon Ogres

Warlord_Grotsnik
17-11-2008, 02:25
The Characters:

1. King of Brettonia.
2. Gorbad Ironclaw.
3. The Green Knight.

The units:

1. Men-at-Arms.
2. The Black Guard.
3. Longbeards.

Worst Character Models:

1. Nagash - Bopo The Clown.
2. Malekith - So disappointing.
3. Dreadlord - Bad.

Worst units:

1. 6th edition Rat Ogres.
2. Clanrats.
3. Chaos Ogres.

FurryMiguell
17-11-2008, 03:02
Ive had a look at all the replies for the first time, and Im compeled to ask, does anyone read te replies made? I feel we are more or less talking to ourselves on this subject:p

Warlord_Grotsnik
17-11-2008, 03:20
I think we can all agree the worst model is by far Nagash.

I mean...were they trying to make him look like Pennywise or something?

-Grimgorironhide-
17-11-2008, 03:38
Here's mine

Best Metal
1) The slann (god that guy's great)
2) Kroq-qar and the carnosaur (Excellent)
3) Archaon (very deathly looking)

Best Plastic
1) 7th ed. Cold One's (Finally they got them right)
2) New marauder horsemen (wonderfully detailed)
3) Skinks (I just love these models)

Worst Metal
1) Malekith on dragon (replace that model for heavens sake!)
2) The bloodthirster (How is that supposed to terrify anyone)
3) Nagash (The lord of the circus)

Worst Plastic
1) BFSP Dwarf Warriors (Pretty poorly detailed and static)
2) Skaven Clan rats (skaven are not apemen)
3) Tomb king horses (Boring and undetailed)

Honorable Mentions:
-Be'la'kor
-6th ed. daemonettes
-The lord of change
-New Khorne lord on jugger
-New chaos Knights
-7th ed skellies
-The corpse cart
-the Green Knight

Dishonorable mentions:
-The dragon ogres
-The minotaurs
-New daemonettes
-The new lizzie terradon
-Mohawk dreadlord
-Old Empire horses
-New state troops
-Pot belly wyvern

cheers.

Krom The Eternal
17-11-2008, 03:59
hey you guys dont forget how amazing the harry the hammer model looks

Warlord_Grotsnik
17-11-2008, 05:20
I'm suprised noone has mentioned Louen.

He looks superb.

Thurizdan
17-11-2008, 09:01
Someone did.

Warlord_Grotsnik
17-11-2008, 09:46
Perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough.

Edit: No, can't see anyone mentioning him.

lybban
17-11-2008, 09:55
Top.
1. The new Chaos Lord on daemonic mount makes me drool a bit. itīs just plain evil.
2. The WE Lord with DHW is great and the first WE I bought and painted.
3. The Vampire lord with the bat wing is just great stuff.

Bottom.
1. All Chaos Dwarves with big hats. I allmonst quit WFB as I thought everything was going in this hiorrible direction.
2. The new Ghouls. I dont field this unit though I have a VC army.
3. The Chaos Ogres are super ugly.

DeathlessDraich
17-11-2008, 12:50
I'm surprised by some choices
- Dragon Ogres - I like them as they are. New daemonettes are Ok except for the 5th ed? claws. Certainly nowhere close to the sexy old ones
- GUO why do so many like this model?
- Clanrats/Slaves and even Storm Vermin are uninteresting but they look like rodents and I cant think of how they could be improved

Best 3
1) WE Highborn
2) Ushabti
3) Pegasus Knights

Worst
1) Old horrors
2) Chaos Ogres

Joseph Vintila
17-11-2008, 15:35
Top:
1- Be'lakor

2- Slann mage priest

3- Archaon

Bottom:
1- Dragon ogres

2- Minotaurs

3-Chaos ogres

Foegnasher
17-11-2008, 15:45
top 3

1)Nurgle Lord w/ Scythe. makes me wana play chaos just for that model.

2)Be'lekor (ditto)

3)Teutogen gaurd from the Breeze of Mild Annoyance

bottom 3

1) dragon ogres

2) mutant woodelf raindeer/stagamagiggy (really, GW, REALLY?)

3) lobsterclaw daemonettes.

vorac
17-11-2008, 22:45
Top 3

1.New Cold one knights
2.Executioners
3.New Khorne lord on juggernaut

worst 3

1.Black knights
2.plastic ghouls
3.beastmaster on Manticore

DigbyWeapon
18-11-2008, 06:59
1. Great Unclean One
2. Lord of Change
3. Dragon Ogre Shaggoth

1. Chaos Ogres
2. Dragon Ogres
3. Screaming Skull catapult

Oh god yes, the Screaming Skull catapult is the worst by far.

Digby

rb.uhs
18-11-2008, 06:59
Good:
1 - Mounted Lord of Nurgle - I turned him into a Wight King for my Undead, with all the nurglesque icons removed!
2 - Gotrek and Felix - They ooze loads of character
3 - Old Daemonettes
Honourable Mention: Mordheim Witch Hunter Captain (The guy with torch and sword). While not WFB, its similar :D

Bad:
1 - Captain Shrike - I think thats his name, the guy from Raven Guard. It has the most awkward pose I've ever seen on a model.
2 - Clanrats - Monkey Hands says it all.
3 - Orc Boar Riders, and the boars too

Shadowsinner
18-11-2008, 12:08
Best plastics are...

1. corsairs :so much dynamic badassery from the single and whole unit alike.

2. corpse cart: such a disgusting and gruesomely detailed model

3. cold ones. truly the peak of sexy detail.

honerable mention goes to the dryads, grave guard, and big dragon

Best metals are...

1. spellsinger with staff model: such a dive and gorgeous model.

2. sigvald... he looks FABULOUS!!!

3. mannfred von carstein

honerable mention goes to executioners, belakor, and the waywatcher lord

worst plastics are...

1. zombies... I knoew theyre supposed to be misshaped and bloated but seriously...

2. plastic empire hero on foot: nothing says loyalty to the empire than a static bow legged guy with one pose

3. dire wolves, not feeling them either

worst metals are...

1. war hydra handlers... the new monster is great but the beastmasters dont just look like a step down from the previous ones, they just loook terrible by appearance of quality

2. fell bats

treeman and kin

Captain prophet
18-11-2008, 15:28
Best
1.the warrior priest with 2 hand weapons
2. Woodelves male spellsinger the one with the staff and is yelling
3.Shaggoth

worst
1. new daemonettes (the old ones faces are so much more elegant)
2. fiends of slaanesh (:wtf: have you seen their back legs they're facing the wrong way)
3.karl franz (he is too 2d and his mounts head is too big)

Sir Charles
18-11-2008, 17:13
2. fiends of slaanesh (:wtf: have you seen their back legs they're facing the wrong way)
They're not facing the wrong way they are a Slaneshii monstrosity, did you think that was actually a tail?;):angel:

Rutgar
18-11-2008, 18:26
Best
1. Louen Leoncouer
2. Kroq-Gar on Carnosaur
3. Dark Elf Cold One Knights

Worst
1. Great Unclean One (thing looks like a sneeze gone wrong)
2. Dragon Ogres
3. Ogre Kingdoms Gorger

Yay, first post. Go me

GuyLeCheval
18-11-2008, 19:51
:evilgrin:
Nurgle sorceror
Rat ogres (yes really)
Pegasus knights

(My best would be the new stegadon (Yay!), but I can't choose him now. Just wait a month or so.)

:cries:
Dragon ogres. Aaai...
Chaos ogres. Aaaaaaaai...
Aristocratic vampire. Ugh...

Netherghoul
19-11-2008, 09:35
top 3;

1-old Lichemaster from the 80's

2-Great Spined Dragon

3-Fimir

Worst 3;

1-Nagash

2-Krell

3-Chaos dorfs from the 90's

SiNNiX
13-04-2009, 04:50
Coolest models:

1. Green Knight - I just really love the theme and look of this model!

2. Waywatchers

3. Wood Elf Lord with Great Weapon

4. Khorngors

Worst models:

1 & 2. Anything in the Empire. They all suck. :)

3. Chaos Champion of Nurgle

Gork or Possibly Mork
13-04-2009, 05:12
TOP 3 for me

1. New LM Stegadon kit
2. Carnosaur
3. DE Coldone Knights

Honorable mention: pretty much all of the new WOC range. except for the new Daemon prince. He looks goofy as hell and the wings are to angular.

Worst 3 for me.

1. Any old Ogres ( dragon ogres and old chaos ogres ).
2. 6th ed Kroxigors although they fit well now with S4.
3. Old Chaos Dwarves. I much prefer the Hell cannon crew.

Honorable mention: The new LM TempleGuard's musican hand holding the drum is aweful. Other than that there perfect.

ICEMANQ
13-04-2009, 05:50
Top:

1) Executioners
2) New Cold Ones (the mounts)
3) Plastic Chaos Knights

Worst:

1) The entire skaven range.
2) The entire skaven range.
3) The entire... I mean, empire state troops.

Ri-xthoal Lord of Lustira
13-04-2009, 06:11
Top model
1. Slann mage priest
2. New Dreadlord
3.Galrunch

Worse Model.
1. Scar-veteran BSB (I mean WTF?!)
2. New female dreadlord (Are you sure she is not he?)
3. 4th editon griffin.

Hrogoff the Destructor
13-04-2009, 06:41
Best single model:
1. Be'Lakor
2. Archaon
3. The as of yet unreleased Empire Captain with pistol and hammer or the also as of yet unreleased Brettonian Grail Knight on foot.

Honorable mentions:
Exalted Valten
Khorne lord on juggernaut
Nurgle lord on daemonic steed
Chaos lord on daemonic steed
Gorbad Ironclaw
Borgut Facebeater
Orc raider with pig
Tyrion

Best squad:
1. Questing Knights
2. Cold Ones Knights
3. Teutogen guard. Their command is absolutely the coolest looking command ever.

Honorable mentions:
Pheonix guard
Dragon princes
VC Skeleton Warriors
Grave guard

Worst models:
1. Chaos ogres
2. Dragon ogres
3. Clan rats

Favorite kit:
It's not my favorite looking model, but my favorite kit is by far the Stegadon. It is the only model I truly enjoyed putting together. I was overwhelmed by all the cools things it had.

Freakiq
13-04-2009, 06:55
Will try keeping it to rather recent models and limited to characters and single models.

Best

1. Wood Elf Highborn W/ Great Weapon
2. Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount
3. Tomb King

Worst

1. Mannfred von Carstein on foot
2. Dark elf Dreadlord on foot
3. Skulltaker

zoggin-eck
13-04-2009, 07:52
Wow, I honestly like the current dragon ogres. Not as cool as the earlier models, but still :) I bought some as a "buy two, get one blister free" deal just because I know they will one day be replaced.

Gork or Possibly Mork
13-04-2009, 07:57
Wow, I honestly like the current dragon ogres. Not as cool as the earlier models, but still :) I bought some as a "buy two, get one blister free" deal just because I know they will one day be replaced.

The bottom dragon half is not so bad but it's showing it's age but the top ogre half always looked crappy to me.

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull
13-04-2009, 11:29
My top 3, I will try to include not to many orcs in it:p should be hard.

Top 3
Badruk 'eadsplitta

Queen khalida( or something like that it is the special character from the tomb kings)

The champion of nurgle with his scythe.

Worst 3
The plastic bloodletters.

The new corsairs

And clanrats( I once glued 200 for my skaven army maybe that is the reason:p)

Greetz
G

invinciblebug
13-04-2009, 11:34
Best single model:
1. Be'Lakor
2. Archaon
3. The as of yet unreleased Empire Captain with pistol and hammer or the also as of yet unreleased Brettonian Grail Knight on foot.

Honorable mentions:
Exalted Valten
Khorne lord on juggernaut
Nurgle lord on daemonic steed
Chaos lord on daemonic steed
Gorbad Ironclaw
Borgut Facebeater
Orc raider with pig
Tyrion

Best squad:
1. Questing Knights
2. Cold Ones Knights
3. Teutogen guard. Their command is absolutely the coolest looking command ever.

Honorable mentions:
Pheonix guard
Dragon princes
VC Skeleton Warriors
Grave guard

Worst models:
1. Chaos ogres
2. Dragon ogres
3. Clan rats

Favorite kit:
It's not my favorite looking model, but my favorite kit is by far the Stegadon. It is the only model I truly enjoyed putting together. I was overwhelmed by all the cools things it had.

I didn't think it was possible to agree so utterly and completely with another person but this is exactly what I think :p.

bob_the_small
13-04-2009, 11:40
Cok awesome models!!!

Phazael
13-04-2009, 15:15
Best Three-
1) The new Dark Elf Sorceress model
2) Khorne Jugger Lord
3) Hellcannon

Worst Three-
1) Any non OK Ogre
2) Goblin Wolf Riders
3) The new Daemonettes

Weemo
13-04-2009, 15:36
1) Forgeworld hounds of xaphan http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/hounds.htm
2) Beastlord with great weapon
3) hellcannon/archaon

1) dragon ogres
2) chaos trolls
3) chaos ogres

Tonnikala
13-04-2009, 21:56
YES! in sotavasara.net, there cant be polls like that!

TOP3
1.Chaos Chosens
2.new Cold one Knights/Stegadon (new)
3.Slann-mage priest (the old one!)

Worst3
1.Chaos ogres
2.new daemonettes
3.old high elf mage on horse that rides like:HEY! shoot me! \o/

W0lf
13-04-2009, 22:12
TOP 3

1. Archaon.

Simply the best model GW have ever produced imo. Stunning.

2. Belakor

No other Daemon model comes close to him. Hes only behind Archy because hes a little bit too small for my liking. Scale him up by 20% and he'd be first.

3. Dark Elf executioners (-exept the mus)

There are plently of single models i could put here but tbh they deserve a mention as clearly the best looking warhammer regiment of all time.

So there W0lfs fav character, monster and regiment.
Honourable mentions;
Dark elf cold ones, Wood elf way-wather noble, Konrad von carstein, Old Daemonettes

Worst 3

1. Dragon ogres

Nothing comes close.

2. Daemonettes

They are *****.. and the old ones were perfect. Plastic models that looked like the metal ones would have seen me buy ether a witch elf COUNT-AS cult of slaanesh army or a slaanesh daemons army without a doubt.

3. New chaos knights.

Yes there a models worse, yes i own 20 of these models. They are however ugly from every concevble angle and even after long deliberations i couldnt find a way to make them look nice (i even filed every pointless spike off.. like the 20 odd per horse).

Honourable mentions;

Witch elves, Chaos ogres, Dire wolves, Spirit hosts (but then who buys these?).

TheDarkDuke
13-04-2009, 22:57
Top 3 (oh jeez there are alot of nice ones)

1- Be'lakor
2- archaon
3- hmmm ill give it to krok gar

honourable mention- green knight and king louen

worst 3

3- dragon ogres
2- chaos ogres (why bother remaking them though when theres ogre kingdom ogres)
1- chaos dwarves. i know i know its technically not 1 unit but they are so dang ugly i hope they never get a new army (no offense to any chaos dwarf players i just really really dislike that army so much)

Cypher, the Emperor
13-04-2009, 23:51
1. Warrior Priests (not Huss, I hate his hands)
2. Shades
3. Valten

Worst

1. Plastic Daemonettes
2. Manticores
3. Plastic Skaven

Cry of the Wind
14-04-2009, 00:11
Top 3 in no order:

Old Blood on Carnosaur
DE Cold One Knights (new of course)
Eltharion on Stormwing

Worst 3 in no oder:

Dragon Ogers
Chaos Ogers
Screaming Skull Catapult

O&G'sRule
14-04-2009, 01:11
best gw
1. Marauder giant (prob shouldnt say an old model but its just so good)
2.Chaos lord on juggernaught (stunning, a real surprise)
3. Gnarly squig (the old bobbly one)

worst gw
1. Giants of albion (just an insult to marauder)
2. chaos ogres (WTF is that musician?)
3. new vlad (as deformed as nagash used to be)

best non gw
1. Venerable Thaumaturge w Page (gamezone)
2. Empire general - mounted (gamezone)
3. Goblin ballista (gamezone)

special mention for freebooter miniatures, reaper miniatures, avatars of war, labarintus

worst non gw
Too many shockers to list

Garr Sledgefist
14-04-2009, 05:37
Top 3

1. Plastic Giant

2. Chakax

3. Epidemius

Bottom 3

1. Morathi on Pegasus

2. Keeper of Secrets

3. Halfling Hot Pot

steppingonyou
14-04-2009, 06:06
top 3:
1. konrad von carstine
2. stegadon (new)
3. chaos knights (new)

the last 2 i had to buy, even though i dont play lizardmen or chaos

bottom of the barrel

3. cow cold one
2. old bret horse
1. and by far the worst ever made was those chaos ogres. they looked like they were molded with play doh. and if the sculptor is reading this, im not a critic. its my opinion. and thank you for not repeating the mistakes you made with these.

rolly_321
14-04-2009, 06:12
Im amazed that so many people like the GUO. It has to be the most disgusting model (i don't mean that in the Nurgle sense) in the GW range! Its clunky, static, looks like a badly drawn cartoon character and while it has a lot of detail, its all so badly sculpted that it just looks like someone sneezed (once again not in the Nurgle sense of things) on it rather than actually spending the time to scultp it properly. just my honest opinion.

insan0
14-04-2009, 13:59
worst 3:
1. Deamonettes (the new models are so bad compared to the old ones)
2. shaddow warriors (the new models there too, the old were good)
3. cant remember a third one right now

I love the last METAL Deamonettes that were released, ones with knives and NO crab claws.