PDA

View Full Version : A couple of queries

spammy86
24-10-2008, 13:31
Do ogre leadbelchers need to roll to hit after rolling the artillery dice?

Can a wizard cast magic after marching?

After destroying a unit in CC, if you do not pursue, can you perform a reform?

Cheers

Condottiere
24-10-2008, 14:11
Unless I'm mistaken:

Leadbelchers do not need to roll to hit, the artillery dice has taken care of that.

Wizards can cast magic after marching.

Reforms are performed during the movement phase.

Lord of Skulls
24-10-2008, 14:17
I don't have the book, but the last time I faced Ogres, my opponent did roll to hit after determining the number of shots...

(He might have gotten it wrong, though.)

theunwantedbeing
24-10-2008, 14:21
Yes, yes and no.

DeathlessDraich
24-10-2008, 14:39
3) You cannot reform but can Redress ranks

Porksta
24-10-2008, 14:52
Leadbelchers do an artillery dice number of shots. They still need to roll to hit.

Dark14
25-10-2008, 21:27
yes they need to hit movement phase and mages can move anywhere even cast when just rallied

spammy86
26-10-2008, 13:54
The way I read it is you have to still roll to hit after rolling the artillery dice. This rule confused me as in almost every other similar type of weapon (salamanders, organ guns etc) the artillery dice determined the number of hits. The ogre question was a recent thing which cropped up during our club tournament...this will not make the ogre player who won the competition very popular ;)

narrativium
26-10-2008, 14:16
Flamers of Tzeentch roll for number of shots and roll to hit too. Leadbelchers generally get twice as many shots with the option of blowing themselves up. (It helps to remember that for their point cost they're a regular Bull with light armour, and ergo just as good in combat as a regular Bull, plus a cool gun.)

Gazak Blacktoof
26-10-2008, 15:23
The ogre question was a recent thing which cropped up during our club tournament...this will not make the ogre player who won the competition very popular ;)

Had nobody in your group read the ogre book? It explains the exact procedure for firing with the leadbelchers and this includes a roll to hit.