PDA

View Full Version : Games Workshops Evil plan?

Warforger
25-10-2008, 04:19
I was wondering, as I was converting my Furiso to appear more Ironclad, did GW make the current SM codex so good so that people playing BA/DA will have no reason to play there own codex so they use the SM codex rules instead?

Therefore they can just cancel out the Dark Angel and Blood Angel Codeices and cram them into the SM codex?

Think about it, Furiso's have no point because there are Iron Clads, DA have no special dreads, but are supposed to have the Mortis Pattern, which the only codex able to get anything like it is the SM codex.

Hell look at the current updated Blood Angels Codex, it had like 2 changes before it was updated, only one actually effecting the army. DA get none of the new goodies nor do the Blood Angels.

So I think GW is trying to get these two Codeices to the same state the Squats were before they were banned, making as few players possible playing them all the meanwhile they drop the banner hammer on them. This would also explain all the ignorance and lack of sufficient attention given to these codices (including BT).

==Me==
25-10-2008, 04:23
They won't get rid of the DA/BA, but they have made the armies virtually obsolete. DA are reduced to DW/RW and BA still have Assault Squads as Troops, VAS, and DC.

The optimist in ==Me== sees Mortis Dreads, Bikes as Troops, and Vanguard as a way for GW to make it up to DA/BA. They know they botched our Codex/PDF so they've thrown us a bone so we can still make DA/BA themed lists with the new Codex and still have our own rules to use if we need some really oddball like pure Deathwing or all jump packy.

But yes, it was part of their evil plan to make everyone buy the smurf book.

DantesInferno
25-10-2008, 04:32
I was wondering, as I was converting my Furiso to appear more Ironclad, did GW make the current SM codex so good so that people playing BA/DA will have no reason to play there own codex so they use the SM codex rules instead?

Therefore they can just cancel out the Dark Angel and Blood Angel Codeices and cram them into the SM codex?

Think about it, Furiso's have no point because there are Iron Clads, DA have no special dreads, but are supposed to have the Mortis Pattern, which the only codex able to get anything like it is the SM codex.

Hell look at the current updated Blood Angels Codex, it had like 2 changes before it was updated, only one actually effecting the army. DA get none of the new goodies nor do the Blood Angels.

So I think GW is trying to get these two Codeices to the same state the Squats were before they were banned, making as few players possible playing them all the meanwhile they drop the banner hammer on them. This would also explain all the ignorance and lack of sufficient attention given to these codices (including BT).

Exactly what is evil about making the Codex for Space Marine Chapters so good that its rules are appealing to Blood Angel and Dark Angel players too? After all, both the Blood Angels and Dark Angels are effectively 95% adherents to the Codex Astartes, so it's hardly surprising that the rules for Codex Chapters would also be applicable to Blood Angel and Dark Angel players.

Your analogy to the Squats, however, is completely misguided. Even if GW never release another specific Blood Angel or Dark Angel Codex (and that's a pretty big 'if'), you can be sure that the Blood Angel and Dark Angel Chapters would still continue to exist in the 40k background, and are still going to have rule sets which allow them to be fielded as playable armies (for instance, in a further expanded Codex Space Marines). They're certainly not going to get "banned".

Warforger
25-10-2008, 04:49
Well I meant the codex, I'm just seeing if its possible, because they have even said there not going to FAQ the new things into the BA/DA codex with there official seal

Exactly what is evil about making the Codex for Space Marine Chapters so good that its rules are appealing to Blood Angel and Dark Angel players too? After all, both the Blood Angels and Dark Angels are effectively 95% adherents to the Codex Astartes, so it's hardly surprising that the rules for Codex Chapters would also be applicable to Blood Angel and Dark Angel players.

Because, well for one, there supposed to be using there own codices, not carrying around there SM codex and say "I'm using SM rules for my Ravenwing" which could be step one to getting rid of the Angels Of Death codices.

And If what you were saying was true, then they would be getting the new cons and over-weighting pros to there own codices, but nope there not getting them until they get there codex updated (which doesn't seem to be scheduled.)

ehlijen
25-10-2008, 05:00
I for one would applaud it if they got rid of all variant codices and just put it all into one big codex.

Chapters aren't inherently different, they just set different points of focus, as you can already do with C:SM.

There shouldn't be a 'reward' for taking lot's of something. Taking that something should be worth exactly what it is (ie what you pay), regardless of whether you take 1 or 3.

But I actually highly doubt that variant lists will go away :(

Warforger
25-10-2008, 05:14
I would agree, as long as we don't lose anything really, and as such the other chapters could get a little something too.

However, I'm sure that Black Templar and Space Wolves are going to stay as there own codices, there far too different.

Neftus
25-10-2008, 05:15
Oh God I just can't stand this discussion anymore.

Be glad that you have the OPTION to use the new space marine dex instead of your off-chapter dex. For a lot of other 40k RACES there is no choice in using crappy dex verses awesome dex. Besides, to us xenos scum all you marines are the same and we're not going to notice or care.

This message isn't directed so much to the original poster but to all the DA fanbois who will enevitably turn this thread into a cutting fest because they take way too much pride in being non-conformist smurfs yet still cry when they don't get all their toys.

DantesInferno
25-10-2008, 05:17
Because, well for one, there supposed to be using there own codices, not carrying around there SM codex and say "I'm using SM rules for my Ravenwing" which could be step one to getting rid of the Angels Of Death codices.

They're supposed to be using their own Codices? Why? If the Space Marine Codex provides a more appropriate set of rules for Dark Angel and Blood Angel players, there's absolutely no reason to forbid them doing so.

And there's certainly no reason to oppose the removal of the Angels of Death Codices, so long as the Dark Angels and Blood Angels can still be adequately represented with the standard Space Marines Codex.

And If what you were saying was true, then they would be getting the new cons and over-weighting pros to there own codices, but nope there not getting them until they get there codex updated (which doesn't seem to be scheduled.)

Not sure what you mean here...

Warpcrafter
25-10-2008, 05:25
Oh God I just can't stand this discussion anymore.

Be glad that you have the OPTION to use the new space marine dex instead of your off-chapter dex. For a lot of other 40k RACES there is no choice in using crappy dex verses awesome dex. Besides, to us xenos scum all you marines are the same and we're not going to notice or care.

This message isn't directed so much to the original poster but to all the DA fanbois who will enevitably turn this thread into a cutting fest because they take way too much pride in being non-conformist smurfs yet still cry when they don't get all their toys.

Damn right. I play Orks, but you won't see me crying because each Klan didn't get their own Codex. It's just a paintjob and an attitude.

redbaron998
25-10-2008, 05:29

Ha Ha yup they are gonna kill off the space marines, I guess they all got eaten by squigs :)

Warforger
25-10-2008, 05:30
They're supposed to be using their own Codices? Why? If the Space Marine Codex provides a more appropriate set of rules for Dark Angel and Blood Angel players, there's absolutely no reason to forbid them doing so.

Then what's the point of the Blood Angel and Dark Angel codices then? Why would GW even print the DA codex?Why would GW even think of putting the BA on the net as a download?

I just think that for having separate codices the SM codex should at least be in terms with the DA/BA codices, not being most DA armies you see are using SM rules and not there own.

Oh and keep in mind, I remeber hearing a Legions codex.... hopefully then they'll redo us....

DantesInferno
25-10-2008, 05:34
Then what's the point of the Blood Angel and Dark Angel codices then? Why would GW even print the DA codex?Why would GW even think of putting the BA on the net as a download?

To allow the players a choice of which rules to use? I really can't see how that could possibly be construed as a bad thing.

Warforger
25-10-2008, 05:39
Well if the SM codex makes the other codices pointless, whats the point of using the other SM codices? I mean, in addition to all there normal bonuses, they also get Death Watch, while the BA and DA don't get them.....

I'm not complaining about all the goodies the normal smurfs are getting, I'm worrying if there going to take away my codex.....

Raddman
25-10-2008, 05:45
Well, as a DW player, I am going to stick to my codex. If they would have integrated the new LR and Dread, I would have purchased them. I will not be doing that now.

I think it was a financial mistake on their part. I know a few BA and DW players...all of which refuse to buy these items...why would we?

Norsehawk
25-10-2008, 05:53
How did I know that this would be yet another Dark Angels/Blood Angels vs the new Codex whinefest?

If you want to play your Dark/Blood Angels with the new codex rules, go for it, the rest of us really don't care. The DA/BA lists are still solid, and are still recently updated, compared to many other armies. Everyone who has been on Warseer since the new codex came out has seen this same whinefest multiple times, there are already several threads about it that have been merged/locked/deleted, why not add your two cents to those posts instead of creating yet another thread where everyone cries?

DantesInferno
25-10-2008, 06:01
Well if the SM codex makes the other codices pointless, whats the point of using the other SM codices?

Well, there is no point. That's exactly what "pointless" means.

The real (non-tautological) question is whether it would be bad if the Space Marines Codex were to render the Angels of Death Codices redundant. It's pretty clear that this wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

I'm not complaining about all the goodies the normal smurfs are getting, I'm worrying if there going to take away my codex.....

They're not going to take away your Codex.

Starchild
25-10-2008, 06:10
I for one would applaud it if they got rid of all variant codices and just put it all into one big codex.

Great! Then we could get more Lord of the Rings releases! :D

No, seriously, if GW spent more time building up the other armies & Imperial Agents, we would have a much more diverse game than we do now.

Warforger
25-10-2008, 07:05
How did I know that this would be yet another Dark Angels/Blood Angels vs the new Codex whinefest?

If you want to play your Dark/Blood Angels with the new codex rules, go for it, the rest of us really don't care. The DA/BA lists are still solid, and are still recently updated, compared to many other armies. Everyone who has been on Warseer since the new codex came out has seen this same whinefest multiple times, there are already several threads about it that have been merged/locked/deleted, why not add your two cents to those posts instead of creating yet another thread where everyone cries?

Read what I am actually saying, I'm not complaining that the SM codex is IMBA, I'm saying that because they have all these Ups there not sharing with the BA/DA that it might be a sign that there planning on crammed the angels of death team into the codex Space Marines.

Personally I think if every Chapter Codex was crammed into one SM codex, then they better not lose much (and if they do it better be a good trade-off).

What I am really fearing, is that there going to take away our special troops, tanks dreadnoughts, etc. and just make the Angels Of Death team go away, and then just another chapter with no particular special units.

Ronin_eX
25-10-2008, 07:16
Great! Then we could get more Lord of the Rings releases! :D

No, seriously, if GW spent more time building up the other armies & Imperial Agents, we would have a much more diverse game than we do now.

Indeed it would. Had they simply gone and included the DA/BA characters in the new list along with a couple of extras (First Company Captain, give a Captain TDA and you can replace the tactical squad option with a single choice from the following: Sternguard, Vanguard, Terminators; Assault Reserve Captain: replace the Space Marine Scout option with Assault Squad) all would have been fine and they could have cut out the other marine codices.

Hell even Black Templar and Space Wolves could be done (yes gnash gnash they're unique and all that but in RT the Space Wolves were just as any other chapter and even in 2nd they amounted to a pallette swap and an overpowered list where the Black Templar were codex adherent up until 3rd).

GW's reliance on loads of Space Marine lists is a big crutch and they really should have worked on making all lists interesting instead of pushing the marines so hard. 40k is the only game to my knowledge that has this problem (even derivatives like BFG and Epic don't have all that throbbing marine-love).

As a DA player it is my wish to see all Marine variants die off. Just give us a nice customizable list and let us sort it out. Splitting it like this is just lengthening development time (and they do a good enough job that without an extra four codices, thank you) and inviting the massive inconsistencies we are getting right now.

25-10-2008, 08:34
the only problem with that is GW would make less money without SM variant codex's which would mean less money for other releases, games day etc.

Mojaco
25-10-2008, 08:46
Just consider the DA codex a codex for the famous two companies and the SM codex for the other battle companies. And keep your paws of the special characters :)

For BA it's a bit more sad, but I guess their pdf could be the 1st company and the SM codex the rest.

Warforger
25-10-2008, 08:50
Not really, BA fluff-wise use Jump Packs more often then other chapters, and with the new fluff on tactical marines, this is ever more possible as if you needed more Assault marines you can just take tactical marines, take there bolter and hadn them there chainsword and jump pack again.

SM codex would be when the Blood Angels are trying to look good in front of a inquisitor, instead of Death Company and bloody assaults they are famous for.

Eka
25-10-2008, 09:21
Hell even Black Templar and Space Wolves could be done (yes gnash gnash they're unique and all that but in RT the Space Wolves were just as any other chapter and even in 2nd they amounted to a pallette swap and an overpowered list where the Black Templar were codex adherent up until 3rd).

Do you think GW will retcon the BT's complete disregard for the Codex? I suppose it'd be another way to slap Dorn.

Unclejo
25-10-2008, 09:28
Games Workshops forced obsoletion of your Codex is only the first step. Soon the SWAT teams will be leaving Nottingham to melt down your Dark Angels/Blood Angels/Black Templars/Rainbow Warriors so that you can NEVER field them in battle again.

Then, utilising theyre advanced molding technologies, powered by the souls of orphans, they will use your melted down models to forge MECHA GAV THORPE, a colossal war machine that will march forth and crush the free countries of the world under its white metal boot.

And lo, there was weeping in the streets and fire rained from the skys. A million voices cried out in anguish. The end times have begun.

Ronin_eX
25-10-2008, 10:09
Do you think GW will retcon the BT's complete disregard for the Codex? I suppose it'd be another way to slap Dorn.

Why not, they retconned their complete regard for it. Besides Roboute is supposedly where it's at now so giving a slap to the other Primarch's is the order of the day now. :p

TheLionReturns
25-10-2008, 10:51
There is no chance they will get rid of the variant codexes IMO. If they did it would be a highly risky move. SM's are very, very popular and GW tap into this with a regular SM release. I just cannot see an upside for removing this regular release from a business point of view.

If they were to remove the variant codexes, they would have to work out some way of promoting a regular marine release that is better than producing new rules.

leonmallett
25-10-2008, 11:02
Whilst I don't anticipate the entire loss of the DA and BA codexes due to the new SM codex, I wonder whether we could or would see something akin to the old 2nd edition 'Angels of Death' combined book at some time in the future?

Not based on any particular evidence, but it would be a potentially straightforward move in terms of using much of the basic SM list (perhaps not all), alongside the 6-10 best characters from both chapters, dropping the rest and resculpting some, and creating sculpts for missing characters. The fluff should have sufficient space, and units could have DA or BA modifiers for chapter specific stuff. If it ever happened, the DA already have their plastics, so new BA plastics could be pushed, and existing DA kits would potentially receive a boost.

the1stpip
25-10-2008, 12:37
But assuming rumour control has got it right, and a Space Wolf codex is on the way, then they are not doing away with the sub codicies.

Anyways, its not like there isnt enough SM codicies already.

leonmallett
25-10-2008, 13:07
It could be that the slight variant SM non-codex armies get slightly less frequent updates, although I hope that is not the case - I'd rather the line as a whole receive more frequent update.

Vestigialante
25-10-2008, 13:32
It could be worse.

You could be a Kroot Mercenaries or Lost and the Damned player.

Lostanddamned
25-10-2008, 13:52
It could be worse.

I am. I'm happy with what I've got. We got Apoc Support :rolleyes:

Bunnahabhain
25-10-2008, 15:25
Please, please, in the name of all that is holy, enough with the complaining about comparisons between the assorted loyalist marine codexs.

GW really should have done a big book of marines, covering all the loyalist marines. There are nowhere near enough differences between the various different marine chapters to justify seperate codexs.

Big book of marine rules, with minimal background, and FW or index astartes books cover chapters background in detail.

GW can still make every second release some kind of X coloured marine, but instead of a full codex, they just do a few more models, and a new background book. You could even do one chapter a month in WD....

Warforger
25-10-2008, 17:12
Whilst I don't anticipate the entire loss of the DA and BA codexes due to the new SM codex, I wonder whether we could or would see something akin to the old 2nd edition 'Angels of Death' combined book at some time in the future?

Not based on any particular evidence, but it would be a potentially straightforward move in terms of using much of the basic SM list (perhaps not all), alongside the 6-10 best characters from both chapters, dropping the rest and resculpting some, and creating sculpts for missing characters. The fluff should have sufficient space, and units could have DA or BA modifiers for chapter specific stuff. If it ever happened, the DA already have their plastics, so new BA plastics could be pushed, and existing DA kits would potentially receive a boost.

Keep in mind, the BA codex has no special plastic models ATM.... and GW doesn't seem about to change that.

When I said get rid of codices, I meant get ridding of the BA and DA codex, BT and SW are far too different IMO, and this would also be justified by a legions codex.

I mean, Catachans had a similar problem, but they were combined into one Imperial Guard codex. Now No Catachan player had a right to complain because they lost nothing at all. This is what I would like to happen if BA/DA were intergrated into the SM codex.

Bjorn
25-10-2008, 17:43
Please, please, in the name of all that is holy, enough with the complaining about comparisons between the assorted loyalist marine codexs.

GW really should have done a big book of marines, covering all the loyalist marines. There are nowhere near enough differences between the various different marine chapters to justify seperate codexs.

Big book of marine rules, with minimal background, and FW or index astartes books cover chapters background in detail.

GW can still make every second release some kind of X coloured marine, but instead of a full codex, they just do a few more models, and a new background book. You could even do one chapter a month in WD....

Except of course the Space Wolves and Black Templars and The Blood Angels and Dark angels who have a HUGE difference to the rest of the marines, yeah...

Bitter much?

Soupcat
25-10-2008, 17:47
Games Workshops forced obsoletion of your Codex is only the first step. Soon the SWAT teams will be leaving Nottingham to melt down your Dark Angels/Blood Angels/Black Templars/Rainbow Warriors so that you can NEVER field them in battle again.

Then, utilising theyre advanced molding technologies, powered by the souls of orphans, they will use your melted down models to forge MECHA GAV THORPE, a colossal war machine that will march forth and crush the free countries of the world under its white metal boot.

And lo, there was weeping in the streets and fire rained from the skys. A million voices cried out in anguish. The end times have begun.

This good sir has won the thread

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 18:05
Why not, they retconned their complete regard for it. Besides Roboute is supposedly where it's at now so giving a slap to the other Primarch's is the order of the day now. :p

Did they ever say that they were adhearants and then change? That is different than a retcon. If GW added a new chapter tomorrow that had been in artwork and said that these guys don't have scouts at all (given implants and then dropped onto a planet to fight for survival) then that is not a retcon and simply adding a new background.

Apocalypse
25-10-2008, 18:25
One of the things I noticed in the new SM codex was that NONE of the chapters who have their own codex were shown at all. Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels... Not a single character or mention whatsoever... not even so much as a picture. They are NOT trying to get rid of the other codex's... This edition showed them as more separate than ever... I remain confident we will all have a showing. SW first, then maybe DA and BA

the1stpip
25-10-2008, 18:40
I think we all now, with GW being the corporate machine that it is, there will be further Space Marine codicies in the future, to fuel the great raging furnace.

There are three constants in life: Death, Taxes and a new Space Marine codex every six months.

borithan
25-10-2008, 19:52
Not really, BA fluff-wise use Jump Packs more often then other chapters, and with the new fluff on tactical marines, this is ever more possible as if you needed more Assault marines you can just take tactical marines, take there bolter and hadn them there chainsword and jump pack again."The Blood Angels and the Iron Hands (both Chapters of the First Founding) religiously adhere to the ordinances of the Codex. These Chapters firmly believe that the Codex embodies the divine wisdom of the Emperor and such is a sacred text."

Though that is from the Rogue Trader Space Marine army list.

Lord Malorne
25-10-2008, 20:06
Grr another DA BA we wants it thread...I was tricked :cries:.

It is a new direction GW is taking, I have no sympathy for DA/BA players, I am a BT player and still kick ass...leave it alone....please...not another thread...:cries:....

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 20:21
One of the things I noticed in the new SM codex was that NONE of the chapters who have their own codex were shown at all. Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels... Not a single character or mention whatsoever... not even so much as a picture. They are NOT trying to get rid of the other codex's... This edition showed them as more separate than ever... I remain confident we will all have a showing. SW first, then maybe DA and BA

I had noticed that as well. To be honest I was hoping for more information about the sundering of the legions (and the resistance by half of the Primarchs) but since Gulli is Vice Emperor then it was just accepted and you can go about your business.

leonmallett
25-10-2008, 20:22
Keep in mind, the BA codex has no special plastic models ATM.... and GW doesn't seem about to change that.

When I said get rid of codices, I meant get ridding of the BA and DA codex, BT and SW are far too different IMO, and this would also be justified by a legions codex.

I mean, Catachans had a similar problem, but they were combined into one Imperial Guard codex. Now No Catachan player had a right to complain because they lost nothing at all. This is what I would like to happen if BA/DA were intergrated into the SM codex.

I know there are no BA plastics at the present time, nor any imminent, however assuming a 4-5 year life cycle for 5th edition, if a hypothetical combined Angels codex ever appeared then we would see something new and shiny. I never suggested it was going to happen nor that it was imminent.

I think the Catachan issue is a different situation for a few reasons:
1. Space Marines, are, for better or worse, the sales mainstay for GW so there is not a natural analogy there: IG just do not sell anywhere near as much product, therefore development of multiple codexes is just not as profitable for say IG as opposed to SM.
2. Secondly, there has been consistent support for DA and BA in a seperate format from the mainline/core Space Marines army list/codex since second edition onwards - not a situation that Catachans were in, so again no real analogy there.
3. Every customer has a right to complain, and equally no right to complain except by making their purchse choices or refusing to buy anything. What I mean is that customers can get upset about changes that occur, or that they feel negelected by GW, but GW remains a business and therefore morally based decisions don't really come into it. Customers are welcome to complain away, but the only real way to redress the balance is to bring non-SM armies/kits to a similar level of sales as SM armies/kits. GW can't force that situation. They can make some armies more tempting, but sales drive their business plan, and their business plan includes the army/codex lineup and updates to this. Therefore if people bought as much IG as they do SM then we would likely see more IG codexes. Codexes alone are not sales drivers - else with each new army there would be sales at an SM level. The missing ingrediant is attractiveness to the customer, and like it or not Space Marines are simply and undisputably attractive to both many new and veteran gamers alike.

Lord Malorne
25-10-2008, 20:30
I think if marines started to have lower sales then a new codex and newer models would...come...out...hmmm thats odd.

:angel:

__ALEX__
25-10-2008, 20:41
offtopic (kinda) but the Catachans did lose something if their codex is now considered obsolete, they had their own special characters, catachan devil squads, veteran assault teams etc as well as snipers and demo charges.. before the wargear being available in the main IG codex. (kinda like how true grit/counterattack and venerable dreadnoughts were Space Wolf specific and then the previous SM codex came out with the traits and let any chapter use them..)

Miggidy Mack
25-10-2008, 20:57
It's not so "evil" as "long sighted". They have a vision that will take several years to come to fruition. I'd really like them to do a living document system... oh who am I kidding. I don't want to write all this again.

Check out my site below for more details on how some of us are handling this very issue.

Treadhead_1st
25-10-2008, 23:16
Catachans still have (or at least had, with the old GW website) their Codex in PDF format. Probably not Tournament legal, but it's still around as it's got all the JungleFighting rules.

This is yet another BA/DA whinefest. What always amuses me is that very few (I'm one of the few that did, but not for gaming reasons at all) IA players moan their army lists are now totally kaput (ok, they have been for some time, but they still had characterful, fluffy units too) - and I've not seen a single Black Templar moan either. Blood Angel players seem to be in the minority, moan-wise too.

Please, no more threads. Especially not ones with catchy titles. This is getting really old. Times change - and I'm sure more DA/BA books will come out once GW sorts the NON-MARINE (you know, the armies that other gamers play and exist in the game?) armies are done. Non-MEQs need their day in the spotlight too, ya'know.

As far as I see it, no, it's not an "evil plan" - it's a "good plan" to not rile up a large number of players by neglecting every other force out there in favour of Marines. Again.

And the thing that really amuses me about this thread...the fact that you (the OP, I've forgotten exactly who that was by the time I've read this far) and your non-Codex: Space Marines friends, are refusing to buy the units that you couldn't field in a game anyway :wtf: - I'm sure it won't make a large difference to the amount of overall sales, unless you were planning on buying several hundred each or something...

As usual, my posts are full of over-exagerated points and poor attempts at sarcasm. And the sheer depression at yet another of "these threads"...it's no good, I can't even name them any more, I'm so sick of seeing them (but they are fun to read, to see people's trifiling issues that really lack some common sense [ie, if you want the stuff in C:SM then ******** well use C:SM, if you want the background-oriented force from C: DA then ******** well use C: DA knowing it's got different equipment).

Occulto
26-10-2008, 00:32
Grr another DA BA we wants it thread...I was tricked :cries:.

It is a new direction GW is taking, I have no sympathy for DA/BA players, I am a BT player and still kick ass...leave it alone....please...not another thread...:cries:....

I don't need your stinkin' sympathy. :p

Still doing quite alright with my DA boys. :D

AngryAngel
26-10-2008, 05:43
I wish I could field a whole watcher in the dark army list with my DA. You know, midgets, small hands, smell like cabbage.

Imperialis_Dominatus
26-10-2008, 07:40

This deserves a thousand XD's and is within a gut-aching laugh of becoming my sig. :D

It could be worse.

Yeah. LatD need something. Mercs too. Grr.

This is what I would like to happen if BA/DA were intergrated into the SM codex.

If they did it right I could see this happening. BT would be harder. SW would be impossible.

Then we'd be down to three Space Marine Codices, an Inquisition Codex (Arbites?), Imperial Guard (maybe with some sort of Squat-ish unit in concept, and Penals!). Maybe Ad Mech, but too many Imperial Codices... just counts-as.

Then we could have a similar 'trinity' for Chaos. Daemons, Chaos Space Marines (hopefully re-tooled to represent the Legions, not the Johnny-come-latelys, they can use regular SM), and the LatD (squee!).

And the alien scum. Necrons (with re-tooled background), Tyranids (with scaled-down or 'rumored' numbers), Eldar, Dark Eldar (preferably before any of the above), Tau (much as I want them to be crushed in a Crusade), and Orks.

My concept for 40k. Still Marine-y in emphasis, but with less Imperial Codices (come on, I knocked out two Inq. and two SM!).

There are three constants in life: Death, Taxes and a new Space Marine codex every six months.

Lawl.