PDA

View Full Version : High Elves 2250p

Tenshin
25-10-2008, 09:07
Heya there, so i've been putting together an High Elves armylist consisting of 2250p on the mark. As I've never played nor met High Elves, I dont know if this is any good, but here it goes^^

2x20 Spearmen. X2 Sentinel, Musician & Standard Bearer. 410

3x10 Archers. X3 Hawkeyes. 360p

14 Sword Masters of Hoeth. Blade lord, Musician, Standard Bearer. 240p

Archmage. Level 4, Elven Steed. Power Stone, Jewel Of the Dusk, Starwood Staff. 318p

Noble. Great Weapon, Armour Of Caledor, Sacred Incense. 148p

Mage. Level 2, Elven Steed, Power Stone.167p

5 Dragon Princes. Drakemaster, Standard Bearer. Lion Standard. 215p

x2 Repeater Bolt Thrower. 200p

Kalec
25-10-2008, 15:26
Drop the 3 archer units. The spearmen are enough to fill your core requirements, and you pay a lot for measly S3 bows. A unit of phoenix guard or dragon princes with the banner of sorcery would help bulk up your magic without dropping the GW noble, and should leave enough for a lion chariot or a RBT and an eagle.

Tenshin
25-10-2008, 20:46
Really? I feel like I need something to shoot with from afar. And I thought about an Eagle, cause they'r real nice actually.

coldblooded
26-10-2008, 01:20
if i were u i would be tempted to go seerstaff of saphery on the archmage and give the jewel of dusk to one of ur lvl 2 mages. and ring of fury on one of ur mages would be an unpleasent surprise for ur enemy 2d6 str4 hits is really nice. i would deffinately find room for the banner of sorcery 1-3 extra power dice is a very nice gift for 50pts. i personally love the lion chariot model and would try fit 1-2 into ur list wit there uber kool stats lions rock :p i agree wit previous post 3 units of archers is not very efficient i would go 2 max combined wit 2 reaper bolt throwers good combination if u get curse of arrow attraction off there goes a few ranks on a troublesome unit. in my previous battles i have had more success wit whitelions over swordmaster as they r much more resilient to missile fire magic missiles etc. i have had large success wit a dragon mage wit jewel of dusk as they r very powerful spellcasters wit a free dice per spell and able to use up to 4 dice wit this rule per spell very effective and flamming sword of ruin in a nasty combo on the charge especially when assisted by dragon princes. well i hope i could help happy gaming

NecronBob
26-10-2008, 20:47
In my opinion, high elf core is a bit expensive for what it does. If I were you, I'd pull off one of the archer units in order to upgrade one of the blocks of spears to White Lions. White Lions are far superior as an anvil unit in that they are stubborn, resistant to shooting, and str. 6 (which has always done more for me than 3 ranks of spears).

I'd also strip the hawkeyes from the archers. It's too expensive for the extra attack, and you don't want your archers in hth anyway. The hawkeyes won't be challenging anyway, so it'd be better to use those points elsewhere.

If you do all that, you'll have a nice block of 15 white lions and 90 points to spare. Those points could get you an eagle and a magic banner or two, and I think you'd find your army a little more effective.

I'm a little curious as to where those mages on horses are going as I wouldn't think that it would be effective to but them with the Dragon Princes and they would be quite vulnerable to magic and fire just running around by themselves. Perhaps take a couple off the horses and put them with the archers, saving yourself a few more points.

I also agree with Coldblooded. With the amount of magic you are running, using some of those saved points for a banner of sorcery would be a good investment (mine always goes in the white lions).

Iamthegodcomplex
26-10-2008, 22:28
Heya there, so i've been putting together an High Elves armylist consisting of 2250p on the mark. As I've never played nor met High Elves, I dont know if this is any good, but here it goes^^

2x20 Spearmen. X2 Sentinel, Musician & Standard Bearer. 410

3x10 Archers. X3 Hawkeyes. 360p

14 Sword Masters of Hoeth. Blade lord, Musician, Standard Bearer. 240p

Archmage. Level 4, Elven Steed. Power Stone, Jewel Of the Dusk, Starwood Staff. 318p

Noble. Great Weapon, Armour Of Caledor, Sacred Incense. 148p

5 Dragon Princes. Drakemaster, Standard Bearer. Lion Standard. 215p

x2 Repeater Bolt Thrower. 200p

Ok, for Magic, your Mages/Archmages can only carry one arcane item, excluding power stones and dispel scrolls. Move the Jewel of Dusk onto one of the lvl 2s, and drop the horses from the all three, unless you have a real good reason. Also, drop the power stone from the lvl 2 you give the Jewel of Dusk to and replace it with a Dispel Scroll for safety.

The 3 units of archers are overkill. One should do you, maybe two. The Hawkeyes aren't worth it either.

Add one to each of your spearmen units and run them 7 wide, 3 deep. With ASF and Martial Prowess, the lost combat res is made up for by the increased frontage.

I'd say drop in an eagle, a unit of Phoenix guard with the banner of sorcery and stick a mage or two with them, and give the last lvl 2 the silver wand for an extra spell.