PDA

View Full Version : comics in the white dwarf

LemanRuss
25-10-2008, 10:30
just recently i had an idea.
i was day dreaming and all of a sudden an idea for a 40k short comic came into my head (about6 to 8 boxes) so i was wondering , would it be fun to see small short comics in the back of the wd every month as a little fun thing to read next to the usual 40k articles(and adverts *sigh).
see i was thinking of drawing one up and sending it in to gw and asking them to put it into the mag.

youre thoughts on comics in wd would be most helpfull

Shibboleth
25-10-2008, 11:37
...would it be fun to see small short comics in the back of the wd every month...
Yes. Yes it would.

Baneboss
25-10-2008, 11:44
While I would like to see some comics in WD dont forget you still have this:
http://www.boom-studios.net/catalogsearch/result/?q=warhammer&x=32&y=11
...and you could download Warhammer Monthly from BL site but they changed the layout and i cant find it there anymore.

Lame Duck
25-10-2008, 12:32
IMO, keep comics out of WD.

But I dont buy WD anyway.

the1stpip
25-10-2008, 12:34
Many years ago (pre issue 100) there used to be comic strips. Thrud the Barbarian and Goobledigook were the main ones.

Then they went all 'professional'.

Sidstyler
25-10-2008, 12:34
They wouldn't go for it. Unless your comics tell the reader to buy the latest, greatest release that month's WD happens to be promoting.

keatsmeister
25-10-2008, 13:31
I did enjoy the likes of Obvious Tactics in Inferno, but Inferno worked well as a standalone publication of fiction and artwork. White Dwarf is a monthly catalogue with occasional hobby tips.

chromedog
25-10-2008, 13:36
Yeah, if they brought back thrud, it would double the amount of readable material in an issue of WD and I might actually want to buy a copy.

Then again, anything other than the "a noobs guide to spase marienz - Hurr!" articles would be a refreshing change. How to articles for terrain (they killed black gobbo, so replace it with something. Actually, I can see where they are going with it though. If we tell people how to make it, they won't buy our new - horrendously overpriced -terrain pieces.)

keatsmeister
25-10-2008, 13:47
Yeah, if they brought back thrud, it would double the amount of readable material in an issue of WD and I might actually want to buy a copy.

Then again, anything other than the "a noobs guide to spase marienz - Hurr!" articles would be a refreshing change. How to articles for terrain (they killed black gobbo, so replace it with something. Actually, I can see where they are going with it though. If we tell people how to make it, they won't buy our new - horrendously overpriced -terrain pieces.)

Well, they could show you, and just put a little too much emphasis and how long and laborious it is to make your own, then as a casual "by the way" mention their pre-produced scenery as an alternative. They've done it before

EVIL INC
25-10-2008, 14:24
Many years ago (pre issue 100) there used to be comic strips. Thrud the Barbarian and Goobledigook were the main ones.

Then they went all 'professional'.
To be honest, I LOVED those two. Thrud better the the gobbo but they were both good. It gave many MORE reason to buy the magazine. Of course, this was back when it used to be a gameing magazine but still, they were populer and helped sell the mags. Removing them in order to add in an extra two pages of ads was a bad idea.
Of course, I dont expect them to put them back in the magazine but they could do well in supporting Thrud and the Gobbo in having black library do stuff on them. I would personally like to see a novel series based on Thrud.

destroyerlord
25-10-2008, 14:29
It would certainly make for a refreshing change, especially considering WD's current reputation.

CommisarGaunt
25-10-2008, 14:33
yes it would be good

Apocalypse
25-10-2008, 17:59
They need to stick SOMETHING in there other than adds for things we already know about... Honestly, How many tac squad advertisements does someone need to see? If you're fan enough to buy these magazines, you're fan enough to already know all the available product... I don't wanna see adds in there for anything that isn't a New Release...