PDA

View Full Version : What are the Vostroyan's rules?

Ironmonger
25-10-2008, 13:40
I know the fluff, but I was wondering when they first made an appearance, what their doctrines are, etc. I've looked everywhere on the web and can't find anything.

Shadowheart
25-10-2008, 13:51
Really, everywhere? Because I googled "vostroyan doctrines" and it threw up a WarSeer post which lists them.

They were released for the Medusa V campaign, appeared in WD317 (UK) and the campaign booklet that came with it.

Ironmonger
25-10-2008, 14:12
WTF?! I've been doing that all morning without that link coming up: V. Doc.'s, V. first mentioned, V. Rules, etc. Found it now, so thanks. So, they were introduced in Medusa V (?) or Cityfight?

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 14:18
They came out the same week as the Cities of Death boxes as I recall. If you look at the sniper bases you will see that one has hit foot resting on a stack from one of the buildings.

Medusa V was just after that so you had a reason to fight in cities.

Look at this link
http://store.miniwargaming.com/images/P/newimage.asp-184.gif

and then look at a CoD building.

Shadowheart
25-10-2008, 14:23
Both, I guess... it all came out at about the same time. The Medusa V booklet, the Vostroyan miniatures and the plastic buildings one month, the Cityfight book the next month.

The Fall of Medusa V was a worldwide campaign along the lines of Armageddon and Eye of Terror, but smaller.

Ironmonger
25-10-2008, 16:39
Just what I was looking for. Cheers!

SonOFSanguinius
27-10-2008, 16:29
this is kind of off topic but a rule that applies to vossie models more than other guard models is blocking line of sight. With their hats they grant a nice 4+ cover to any tank. To russ they allow it to shoot its big gun but have a 4+ cover

Coasty
27-10-2008, 16:33
Bearskins can stop anti-tank rounds? Great news for the Guards, even better news for bears...

devik
28-10-2008, 00:17
Bearskins can stop anti-tank rounds? Great news for the Guards, even better news for bears...

This comment is awesome. :D

Devil Tree
28-10-2008, 03:12
Yah, until they get hunted to extinction by the Departmentos Munitorum for those skins. Way to go GW.:mad: