PDA

View Full Version : How many carnifexes is too many?

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 15:43
i was just wondering, how many carnifexes is too many?

at the moment i have 12 fexes and 4 tyrants.

and have plans for atleast 9 more

am i the only one or does this happen to other nid players?

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 15:44
297 is too many.

Stingray_tm
25-10-2008, 15:52
If you have so many, that you feel the need to start a thinly disguised pseudo-thread to brag about it, you defenitely have too many.

But to make you happy: "OMFG!!! You have so many MCs?!? How can that possibly be? You are cool, do you hear me, you are THE COOL!!!"

Can we move on now?

Victomorga
25-10-2008, 16:01
If you have so many, that you feel the need to start a thinly disguised pseudo-thread to brag about it, you defenitely have too many.

But to make you happy: "OMFG!!! You have so many MCs?!? How can that possibly be? You are cool, do you hear me, you are THE COOL!!!"

Can we move on now?

agreed. this same thread just popped up a week or so ago regarding SM.

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 16:20
it wasnt a brag thread. it was just a general im bored so i pick a topic thread.

maybe it could have gone into something like building one of each load out?
or a discussion about what sort of force could use that many?
or the endless conversion possibilities they have?
or anything along those lines.

but no. someone decides that its a bragging thread and tries to act the fool and look big a cool.

how mature!

Hicks
25-10-2008, 16:48
With magnets, 6 is more than enough, I only got 4 (2 elite, 2 HS usually) and my list plays allright.

==Me==
25-10-2008, 16:52
Looks like somebody's jealous :p

If you don't have any magnets, 12 sounds like a good number. If they were ==My== bugs, I'd probably set up 3 as dakka fexes, 2 screamer killers, 2 deathspitter fexes, 2 VC or BS fexes, 1 godfex (with all the trimmings) and 2 sniper fexes (VC/Strangler). That covers most of your bases and isn't terribly repetitive.

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 16:57
id rather not use magnets. i like each model to be converted and dont like the same pose if you just swap the weapons around.

im planning

3x 2 tl dev
3x 2 st
3x vc+bs
3x cc+st
3x bs+st
3x crushers 2 cc

Victomorga
25-10-2008, 17:00
it wasnt a brag thread. it was just a general im bored so i pick a topic thread.

maybe it could have gone into something like building one of each load out?
or a discussion about what sort of force could use that many?
or the endless conversion possibilities they have?
or anything along those lines.

but no. someone decides that its a bragging thread and tries to act the fool and look big a cool.

how mature!

fair enough, but the reason you received that reaction is that there is obviously no answer to the question. "too many _____" is one more than however many you want. how could anyone else decide how many models YOU should have? therefore when people read threads like this, they don't see a person asking "does this seem like a bit too much?" they see a person only asking "is this too much?" in order to immediately follow the question with "because I have SOOOO many!"

that being said, I guess my answer is this then: if you don't mind spending all the money, and you don't mind that you can only ever field 6 or less in a regular game, then the sky is the limit. I have two, and enough bits to make a third, but I have only one assembled. the second complete one I want to magnetize, but I've not gotten around to it yet. If I had enough money to buy as many fexes as you have, I would beef up my other 'nid troops. but that's just me.

Bjorn
25-10-2008, 17:04
in my opinion, 1

Nids should be HOARD damnit, not Nidzilla!

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 17:21
nids should be whatever you want them to be.

thats like saying imperial gaurd shouldnt have tanks. just men on foot!

Hicks
25-10-2008, 17:31
in my opinion, 1

Have you ever tried it? Little bugs cost a premium because they are very fast, but they have the hitting power of wet toilet paper (they cost lots to die faster). They used to work back when outnumbering existed, but now they get trashed in combat and take gazilions of wounds if fearless or they just run away.

I haven't played much with my nids yet, but I seriously am pissed to have painted so many gaunts after seeing how crappy they are. I really can't wait to have painted my stealers now.

Victomorga
25-10-2008, 17:33
nids should be whatever you want them to be.

thats like saying imperial gaurd shouldnt have tanks. just men on foot!

agreed. I have never understood how or why people have labeled nidzilla as "cheesy." as an army build it isn't exploiting some obscure loophole, or min/maxing a unit in order to power game, fluff be damned. it is a build that GW INTENTIONALLY CREATED in the new 'nid codex, and has supported and showcased in WD. any complaints should be addressed to GW, not to players who decide to use a legal and promoted army list.

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 17:45
its not even against the fluff.
in the apoc book and main rule book it has the stages of a tyranid invasion.
one of the final ones being nid-zilla!

susu.exp
25-10-2008, 17:53
Just to get to the thread title: Carnifexes is an incorrect plural. Carnifices would be correct. (the same issue arises with Codex, the plural is Codices)
More than one Trygon would be Tryga.

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 18:17
Not necessarily true.

Main Entry: apex
Pronunciation: 'A-"peks
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural apex·es or api·ces

You can (in English not Latin) put es at the end to make it plural even if it is from a Latin word.

Victomorga
25-10-2008, 18:33
Just to get to the thread title: Carnifexes is an incorrect plural. Carnifices would be correct. (the same issue arises with Codex, the plural is Codices)
More than one Trygon would be Tryga.

Not necessarily true.

Main Entry: apex
Pronunciation: 'A-"peks
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural apex·es or api·ces

You can (in English not Latin) put es at the end to make it plural even if it is from a Latin word.

glad we sorted THAT out.

I think the OP was asking about how many MODELS was too many, not how many spelling variations. and if GW make up a word, they decide how to pluralize it. so you've got a carnifex, or too many carnifexes, as per GW.

Templar Ben
25-10-2008, 18:33
Well I am sticking with 297.

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 18:39
so 296 would be ok?

Adra
25-10-2008, 19:47
how long is a piece of string? 23cm obviously. But thats another thread....

The more MC you have the more of a man you are....or is it less? I can never remember...

The answer to your question is simple. As many as you want. More than that is too many. There, now go spend money on lots of something and tell us about it....im excited.

==Me==
25-10-2008, 19:50
in my opinion, 1

What about a horde of Carnificexees?:angel:

Freak Ona Leash
25-10-2008, 19:52
What about a horde of Carnificexees?:angel:

No. Everyone knows wittyness (woohoo, new word!) on teh interwebs is WRONG.

;)

hendybadger
25-10-2008, 19:57
do i detect a hint of sarcasm?