Aura of Quetzl
Total:286

Hiss hisss hisss. Hiss? Hiss hissssss!

Dark14
25-10-2008, 20:39
drop skinks for another priest or 2

Justin&theOldOnes
25-10-2008, 22:48
I'm a big fan of the much-maligned Saurus block, but even I'd say drop your units down to 20. There ain't much a 25-strong unit can do that a 20-strong one can't.

With the points saved, how about making your elite unit a rare choice by giving them another mark. Maybe Quetzl-Tepok? That way your BSB and general could still join. Also, Cube of Darkness is sweet, but Diadem of Power is a must for magic defense. Get that instead and the enemy is looking at 8 DD/turn, that's enough to shut down all but the nastiest magic phases.

Oh and your BSB needs protection. Either a Cold One mount, or a Ward save, or both. His role is to stay alive, not to kill.

Other than that, you're ssssssslow, but you're ssssssolid. Your lack of speed will be your main weakness.

For the Old Ones!

Jolon
25-10-2008, 23:54
I like the sight of saurus blocks. Sure to get better in the new book, too.

And yeah, in a block of such size, its hard to justify not putting quetzl.

Tsear
26-10-2008, 08:19
Thanks for the advice. I've changed a few things around in this iteration, namely I've dropped one unit of skinks and have lost some saurus to make sure both of my saurus blocks have a 3+ save, and have also made my army able to participate more meaningfully in the magic phase.

10x Skink:60 Javelin
10x Skink:60 Javelin
11x Skink, Brave:71 Blowpipe
10x Skink:60 Blowpipe
10x Skink, Scout:70 Blowpipe

3x Kroxigor:174
3x Kroxigor:174
5x Chameleon Skink: 75
20x Saurus, Command, Quetzl:300

20x Saurus, Command, Quetzl, Tzunki:310 Woo Initiative 2 Party On

Skink Priest, Lvl 2
Cube of Darkness

Total:140

Skink Priest, Lvl 2
Diadem of Power

Scar Vet, Light Armor
Quetzl
Sword of Might
BSB

Total:147

Oldblood, Light Armor, Shield
Tepok
Tzunki
Quetzl
Blade of Revered Tzunki
Aura of Quetzl

Total:286

Edit: Forgot to say, the reason I didn't take a mount for the BSB is I don't want to deal with stupidity in my huge saurus blocks. The added save doesn't seem worth it at that point. Besides, I have a champion so I can at least save myself from a challenge for a turn.

coldblooded
26-10-2008, 09:26
Its a nice all round list i just reckon u should increase ur kroxigors 2 4 per unit. 3 dosent quite cut it i have used units of 3 and have gone to units of 4 wit 12 attacks on the charge is so much betta than 9 and unitstrength 12 much more likly to makle units auto flee from fear causing unit :p well thats my suggestion wat u think. anyways happy gaming

Lotl Botl
27-10-2008, 03:01
good list quick couple pointers there is basically no point of upgragind the skinks to level 2, i no its cliche comment but its true "with magic, go big or go home", also the lore of heavens ist all to great. Some other points are that drop the scouting skink unit, keep the chamo's there money. Finally throw ur remaining point into a 4 krox per unit maybe mark of th old ones for ur cube priest, changes a 50% to a 75% for the cube to srew with ur oppenent. Fun idea dont know if u have the points throw a nother spawning for 2 rare saurus unit to free up the special slot for terradons. Plus bonus points for no salamders hurray u :)