PDA

View Full Version : Have boredom, will write Rules.

Simon Sez
25-10-2008, 17:49
The explanation is simple, I caught the closing minutes of "FutureWeapon"s report on the Future Combat System (FCS) and my inner-House Ruler went "oooh!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Combat_System (Future Combat System)

Troops
Future Force Warrior:8pts
WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv5+
Staff Sergeant:+5pts
WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld8 Sv5+

Number/Squad-5-20
Weapons- MR-C (lasgun) SIG P220 (laspistol)
Options-
. Each member of a Squad may be equipped with LC-PDW (Photon Grenade) at +1pt per model.
. Each member of a Squad may be equipped with ElectroDarts at +2pts per model.
. One Future Force Warrior may be armed with an XM25 (Grenade Launcher)+8pts or a Squad Automatic Weapon (Storm bolter)+10pts
. A Squad may be equipped with a SUGV at +10pts.
. A Squad may be equipped with a MULE or an ARV at +20pts

Special Rules
ElectroDarts-A Model or Unit charging a Squad equipped with ElectroDarts must stop 2" away from its target and take a Pinning Test. If the test is passed the Unit may complete the charge as normal.

SUGV-A SUGV has the following profile:
WS2 BS- S3 T3 W1 I1 A1 Ld- Sv5+
Weapons- None
Special Rules- Small Target.
So long as the SUGV has Line of Sight on an enemy Unit its attached squad counts as having Frag Grenades.

MULE/ARV-MULEs and ARVs share the following profile:
WS2 BS3 S3 T4 W2 I2 A1 Ld- Sv5+
Special Rules
A MULE allows its Attached Squad to carry an additional Special Weapon.
An ARV may carry one of the following heavy weapons: Heavy Bolter, Missile Launcher, Mortar. It counts as an Artillery Gun.

Networked-A Future Force Warrior Squad may charge an enemy unit that is not within their Line of Sight so long as their is a Node with the enemy Unit in Line of Sight.

Intelligent Munition System (IMS): 20pts
WS1 BS1 S0 T4 W1 I0 A0 Ld- Sv5+
Number/Squad- 1-3
Weapons- Air Burst Mine
Range: 6" Strength: 6 AP:- Type: Heavy 1, Blast, Roll against Rear Armour.
Options- An IMS may be equipped with Semi-autonomous Seismic Sensors for +5pts
Special Rules
Small Target, Vulnerable to Blasts-See Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook.
Semi-autonomous Seismic Sensors-An IMS with this Upgrade gains +1BS when targeting a Tank or Monstrous Creature.
Perimeter Secure-IMS Squads do not have to keep in Unit Coherency. IMS Squads may Infiltrate if the Scenario allows it. An IMS is immobile.
Safe Munitions-If an IMS is destroyed any models in base contact suffer 1 hit from the Air Burst Mine
Networked-IMS gains +1BS for each Node within 12" of the target. IMS do not require Line of Sight.

I probably should point out I have no military knowledge, no Imperial Guard Codex and no 5th edition rulebook. Oh well, stay tuned!:)

Edited, with thanks to Charax

Charax
25-10-2008, 20:00
Wow. ElectroDarts have the most broken rules I've ever seen. Congratulations.

Kurisu313
25-10-2008, 21:09
I assume it means that if the pinning test is passed, the assault continues, otherwise I agree with you, Charax.

Simon Sez
26-10-2008, 11:47
Whoops, that's what I get for rushing!:o

Hopefully the Intelligent Munition System will hold up to scrutiny.

I'm thinking of doing 1 or 2 Profiles per day, then starting to think about Character and Vehicle Upgrades.