PDA

View Full Version : those marines in the AOBR set

__ALEX__
25-10-2008, 20:33
so, I got my Assault on Black Reach today, probably pick up another set or two before the price hike (but after I get paid lol).

question regarding the space marines in the box, as far as I can see the captain and dreadnought have no specific chapter markings on them but the tactical squad have those molded 'up' arrows on the shoulder pads.

are these arrows only for ultramarine armies? I don't have any reference material with me now (it's all at my old house) but if I remember rightly the arrow was a tactical squad marking, was that a ultramarines-specific marking or is it any (codex?) chapter tactical squad?

any help is appreciated, I don't mind painting them up as Ultramarines but I already have a few of these and it'd be nice to paint something different..

ps - I know I can scrape the arrows off but they're kinda cute so I wanted to keep them on there.. :p

Alrighty then?
25-10-2008, 20:36
The Up arrows mean infantry i do believe so all space marines have them.

solvay
25-10-2008, 20:40
The arrow indicates that they are tactical marines of any chapter you please so feel free to go wild

The Phazer
25-10-2008, 20:50
The tactical markings like that are used for almost all chapters, though there are some exceptions - neither Blood Angels, Dark Angels or Space Wolves use them for example.

Phazer

susu.exp
25-10-2008, 20:55
Seconding solvay. The arrow is the marking of a tactical marine, an assault marine has an arrowed X (i.e. an X where all 4 directions have arrows) and a devastator has an inverted V. DA, BA and SW use alternative markings, but these are the Codex symbols.

__ALEX__
25-10-2008, 21:13
thanks everyone, I knew I remembered SOMETHING from my old codex ultramarines.. :)

Warforger
25-10-2008, 22:03
The tactical markings like that are used for almost all chapters, though there are some exceptions - neither Blood Angels, Dark Angels or Space Wolves use them for example.

Phazer

I believe Dark Angels have the arrow, except its either red for white.

susu.exp
25-10-2008, 22:42
I believe Dark Angels have the arrow, except its either red for white.

Tactical dark angels have a <-> symbol, a horizontal double arrow rather than the vertical single arrow. Devastators have a stylized explosion. And I canīt remember the assault squad markings.