PDA

View Full Version : VC break test vs Daemonic Instability

Schelle
25-10-2008, 19:33
Could some one please clarify/confirm if the following is correct?

When Undead units take a break test and suffers wounds due to negative modifiers they are unable to save these by using their armour save, however, they are able to save these wounds by means of using their ward save or use regeneration.

Daemons, when taking daemonic instability and suffering wounds due to modifiers, are unable to save these wounds by any means, including ward saves or regeneration.

Is this correct?:confused:

Atrahasis
25-10-2008, 21:21
Undead do not take break tests...

Bac5665
25-10-2008, 21:41
Whats the confusion?

him_15
26-10-2008, 01:10
true, but better call it crumble test

Bac5665
26-10-2008, 01:23
Its not a test. Its just a number of wounds.

Schelle
26-10-2008, 13:20
Thank you for pointing out that undead do not take break tests, but take crumble tests or wounds:)

Now, could some one please tell me if my statement is correct or do I have things at the wrong end?

Schelle
26-10-2008, 13:28
Sorry Him_15, didn't notice that you already answered my query.

Cheers guys and forgive the confusion

apbevan
27-10-2008, 16:33
When Undead units loss combat they suffers wounds equal to the amount they lost combat by. No armour save, however, they are able to save these wounds by means of using their ward save or use regeneration.

Daemons, when taking daemonic instability modified by combat resolution, are unable to save these wounds by any means, including ward saves or regeneration.

These two statements are now correct. for those that don't think its fair give it to them like this:

Undead's only save is Ward and Regen vs their crumbling.
Daemons get to ROLL against their modified LD, that is their save.

Instability and Crumble are 2 different mechanics and it annoys me when a Daemon player says its unfair his units can not take a ward save vs their crumble like my undead. Its Instability not Crumble and where is your complaints when you roll 3 or are stubborn.