PDA

View Full Version : 1000pt Slaanesh army (new book)

woody
25-10-2008, 20:09
Exalted Champion
MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, Sword of Battle, Enchanted Shield, Pleasure of Slaanesh (works as Fury of the Blood God) 200pts

Sorceror
MoS, Steed of Slaanesh, Dispel Scroll 140pts

15 Warriors
MoS, Shields, Full Command 280pts

5 Maruader Horsemen
MoS, Flails 85pts

5 Warhounds 30pts

5 Knights
MoS, Full Command 260pts

Thoughts, Comments and critiscism welcome and encouraged

akgaroth
26-10-2008, 14:54
You can't give magic items to your exalted champion if he has "Fury of the blood god". The only thing i would suggest to quit is your unit of warriors. They're the best core infantry of the game, but they take more than 25% of your army and in an army mostly composed by units with M7-8 they'll slow down the rest of your army or they'll get too late in CC to support them.

Which miniatures do you already possess?

woody
02-11-2008, 19:06
well i have everything, played a game at my local gw last week, went awesome, i massacred the blue shirt whos army is apparently really hard, had no problem dismantling his army in just 4 or 5 turns.
so i think im sticking with it.
but 2 changes, taking out the steed of slaanesh for the sorceror, he will be with the warriors, the exalted hero has been changed, now has bloodcurdling roar instead.

benlucas
02-11-2008, 20:06
maybe if you were doing a 1500 points to mix and match a little, unless you wanted to keep with the slaanesh theme, to boost magic add tzeentchian sorcerers, and max out more on warriors and mortal soldiers as for me imo they resemble a chaos army more than anything cos daemons are just a bit...odd

benlucas
02-11-2008, 20:09
however, i like the way this army is set out, that its a mortal army, and unfortuanately for all you peesimissts out there apart from the movement problem in a 1k battle thats pretty good. i am assuming a slaaneshi sorcerer is pretty good right? im not an insanely devoted chaos player so i dont really know

woody
02-11-2008, 20:34
im keeping the slaaneshi theme, have always done nurgle before this and don't really like mixing gods, so i chose slaanesh.
Slaaneshi spells are pretty good against targets that arent immune to psychology, a couple of them dont affect units with that special rule, but other than that, they are pretty awesome.

woody
02-11-2008, 20:43
new army is as follows.
Exalted hero w/ MoS, sword of battle, enchanted shield, bloodcurdling roar, steed of slaanesh 200pts

Sorceror, level 2 w/ MoS, dispell scroll, power familiar 175 pts

15 chaos warriors w/ MoS, Full command, shields 280pts

5 marauder horsemen w/ MoS, flails 85pts

5 knights w/ MoS, full command 260pts

1000pts total

akgaroth
02-11-2008, 23:03
Well, if this army works good for you I can't give you any useful suggestion... Nevertheless, i'm a bit surprised you didn't put any hound in this second army. They weren't useful at all?

Neknoh
02-11-2008, 23:17
Looks good, if you are willing however, I would almost advice you to drop the Sorceror and a Warrior, a unit of 25 Marauders with Lightarmour, Shields, Full Command and the Mark of Slaanesh comes at 180 points, this leaves you enough points (if you swap Enchanted Shield for a regular one, you don't often need the EC unless mounted anyhow, the Sword of Battle can also be swapped for Additional Handweapon to save further points, make a cooler model and still keep a relatively close efficiency) to also grab a second weapon setup for your Warriors, invaluable in these points, especially with (after modification) 14 Warriors fielded 7 wide.

woody
03-11-2008, 22:43
well, the hounds worked, sort of. but didnt really do anything that mattered to the final outcome of the game.
but had another game today, didnt go too well, empire gun lines are disgusting, in the first turn my knights, with exalted hero ran up and got shot to pieces by a hellblaster, he managed to roll 2 tens and an 8, didnt pass many saves, whole unit died, went down the drain after that, thinking maybe knights in 1000pts are a bit expensive, might get rid of the steed of slaanesh and the knights in favour of another unit of 15 warriors. Any suggestions?

woody
05-11-2008, 13:18
So, i have gotten rid of the knights in 1000pts, put in 15 warriors instead, the list is pretty much the same minus the knights and the steed of slaanesh, will be trying out the army tomorrow, going to see how it goes.

popisdead
05-11-2008, 18:32
I wouldn't take Warriors and Knights in only 1000 pts. I would take more support units.

woody
06-11-2008, 20:07
as my previous post said, iv taken out the knights, and added another unit of 15 warriors.

woody
07-11-2008, 16:14
i think i should get rid of one of the characters in favour of 2 units of 5 dogs, another unit of marauder horsemen and some magic banners on the Warriors, any ideas/comments or critisicms welcome and much appreciated.