PDA

View Full Version : Daemon Prince as Gargantuan Creature?

Dark Primus
25-10-2008, 21:28
Now when the fourth and last of the Greater Daemons are joining the club of Gargantuan creatures I have wondered should there not be Daemon Princes that are the same size and power out there somewhere?

Some Chaos Lords achives the rank of Daemon Prince for doing their Chaos gods' bidding. But once you have become a Daemon Prince, what then? Shouldn't they not aspire to become even more powerful so that Daemons wont look down on them due to their mortal past but instead look up upon them in fear and tremble in their new might as Gargantuan Creature?

I doubt FW has any plans for it. Daemon Prince seems to be a medium strong Monsterous creature and maybe will never achive the rank of such raw power.

Warforger
25-10-2008, 21:54
When your a Daemon Prince, I'd assume you already have everything you wanted when you turned, so the only thing you can do is just commandere Daemons/CSM

Oh and I'm sure Angron isen't Gargantuan, he would be bigger then a the average daemon prince, but he woulden't be like a Biovore Titan.

Sarevok
25-10-2008, 22:03
Well, the Chaos Codex does say there are older and more powerful Daemon Princes than even the Primarchs

so maybe Doombreed?

keatsmeister
25-10-2008, 22:28
This is my current modelling project, codenamed "Mongo". The concept of mine is a Traitor Marine greedy for power, and has grown in size and strength, but as he has done so has discovered the fickle nature of Tzeentch's patronage, and is beginning to lose his intelligence, so he is herded around by minor Daemons in giant chains to be unleashed upon the enemy. Something along the lines of a sorcerous Chaos Spawn...

After all, power and the ability and/or intelligence to use it do not always go hand in hand :D

Dark Primus
26-10-2008, 07:29
When your a Daemon Prince, I'd assume you already have everything you wanted when you turned, so the only thing you can do is just commandere Daemons/CSM

Oh and I'm sure Angron isen't Gargantuan, he would be bigger then a the average daemon prince, but he woulden't be like a Biovore Titan.

I think he is just as powerful as a Bloodthirster, just slightly weaker when it comes to strength.

Alessander
26-10-2008, 18:46
honestly, the FW greater daemons should count as gargantuan in Apoc. The GUO has more mass than the tyranid bio-titan, that's for sure!

Grimtuff
26-10-2008, 19:05
honestly, the FW greater daemons should count as gargantuan in Apoc. The GUO has more mass than the tyranid bio-titan, that's for sure!

They do. See Imperial Armour Apocalypse. ;)

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
26-10-2008, 20:07
sorry to spoil OP, but DP are nowhere the power of gargantuan creature.

they at best are about power of Greater Daemons from codex:chaos daemons.

this is best bet to play using said rules.

Rioghan Murchadha
26-10-2008, 20:32
Dunno.. if you look at the only GW game where they released models for the daemon primarchs, (being old school epic), Angron was significantly bigger than a GUO. He was damn near the same size (though not mass) as a warhound titan.

His one weakness was that he could only fight with one hand. The other being used to cover his john thomas, since he manifested without pants.

adreal
27-10-2008, 07:26
I think Daemon princes can become more powerful, but do they want to. Most Daemon Princes are looked at as minor God's in the eye's of mortal's, so what if a greater daemon looks down on you, you (the daemon prince) dont have to try and claw your way out of a warp rift.

Not all daemon princes would be like this, some would relish the oppertunity for greater power, and the longer they strive for it, the better they will become, but as for what would get rules like that now.....I'de say the Daemon Primarchs and the princes that were around before their time.