PDA

View Full Version : The end of the Horus Heresy books

Helsing
25-10-2008, 21:32
So I heard that the last book in the series is going to end with Roboute finishing the Codex Astartes after the re-unification. What do you think?

weissengel86
25-10-2008, 21:36
Sounds interesting, but I would have of preferred it to end with the last days of each loyal primarch. The event im eager about most to be covered is the siege of terra.

teanabowlie
25-10-2008, 22:07
The seige of Terra will most likely be spread across 2-3 books, theres a lot of individual stoies to tell there (Sanguinius v Bloodthirster... mmmm).

susu.exp
25-10-2008, 22:18
I donīt think itīll ever end in the sense of no more books to follow. Youīve got the whole Imperium at war, stories about 100s of small campaigns...

That being said, I look forward to the 1k sons story and the continuation of the DAs. My biggest surprise so far was Legion. The alpha legion never was a legion I particularly liked and the book starts off in a rather tedious fashion. But about midway through it it starts getting great and the ending is superb. Makes me want to have an AL army...

Khaine's Messenger
25-10-2008, 23:03
I agree with susu.exp....the Horus Heresy doesn't seem like the sort of property to just "end" like that; even if that's the official end to major publications in the line, there'll probably be more literature on the subject in the future. On the other hand, they can't just keep pining about the glory days of 40k forever. Heck, it would be okay with me if they stopped worrying about the "timing" of events in their novels. There's ten thousand years to play with, after all.

Maidel
25-10-2008, 23:33
Id love to know where people 'hear' these things from...

Frankly, i doubt they will 'end' them, purely because they were so successful. I was under the impression that the series was originally planned to be 5 books at most, but because it was so popular they have continued it.

So as long as it sells, they will make more. As people said, there are TONS of stories to tell.

abasio
26-10-2008, 17:36
So I heard that the last book in the series is going to end with Roboute finishing the Codex Astartes after the re-unification. What do you think?

A book about the most boring primarch writing a book!
If that's the ending then they should hang their heads in shame :o

Messiah
26-10-2008, 18:05
He never said the entire book was about the writing, but if the last chapter ends with guilliman recollecting his brothers in mourning and finishing the book, it seems like a fitting ending..

Iuris
26-10-2008, 18:27
Wouldn't stopping at the writing of the codex mean stopping just before the legions split up? But that would mean missing the reactions of the Primarchs, especially Dorn's refusal that almost started a civil war!