PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Black Reach: Am I missing something?

NeonDante
25-10-2008, 22:53
I just bought AOBR a couple of days ago. Great bargain with tons of minis, and just what I needed to finish my orks. Only one thing... I thought this was going to be a new tutorial set like battle for Macragge, with scenarios re fighting the titular assault. I've looked through the book several times, and the only scenario I've found is the "take one squad of marines and two of orks and fight!" one. Am I missing something?

OhSoLame
25-10-2008, 23:13
You're not missing anything... that's all that there is.

NeonDante
25-10-2008, 23:19
Huh. Seems kind of odd to call it assault on black reach, then, instead of "A bunch of stuff in a box." I'm a bit disappointed by that, but ahh well, tons of minis. Thankya.

Cartographer
25-10-2008, 23:58
Ah, you had to buy the release issue of WD to get the Black Reach scenarios (even though one of them was an Apocolypse game...).

CULCHAIN
25-10-2008, 23:59
I will take "a bunch of stuff in a box" any day

Lionsbane
26-10-2008, 00:01
It is the official bunch of stuff to get new people into 40k cheap in a box. The fact that everyone who already plays gets to also take advantage of it is just a bonus plan for us.

HsojVvad
26-10-2008, 00:03
But the point I think he is trying to make, is this is suppose to be an introductory box set. Like in BfM there were 6 scenarios to get newbies into the game. There isn't in Blackreach so it will make it a bit harder for new people to get into it.

BfM was excellent for introductory rules. I love them for Mines of Moria too, Gw dropped the ball on this one, unless they knew not many newbies will be buying it and just sucker us to get more stuff, and buy more Dreads and Termies since they don't have all the weapons and poses that can be done.

imperial_scholar
29-10-2008, 16:02
I got these 3 'nubs' that looks like a pile of bullets that I still can't figure out what they are for. Damn'd spare parts.

I guess if there is 3 of them... Death koptas?

BLZBOB
29-10-2008, 16:39
I got these 3 'nubs' that looks like a pile of bullets that I still can't figure out what they are for. Damn'd spare parts.

I guess if there is 3 of them... Death koptas?

Nope you're right just piles of bullets, there are also some skulls with bullet trauma all just free scenery in fact they aren't too bad and have been pinched for 'better' models.

Mouldsta
29-10-2008, 17:17
IIRC the descision was that since it's aimed at 12+, and people 12+ should have no problem reading the rulebook, then there was no reason to include a bunch of scenarios written in hold-your-hand style for 8 year olds, as they aren't who it's aimed at.

Lets face it, who ever played the first BfM scenario "moving your model"?

The only good scenario in BfM was the last one (which was a great challenge due to being virtually impossible)