PDA

View Full Version : CHALLENGE! can you find this?

Victomorga
26-10-2008, 00:13
I never owned the 3rd edition 40k box set, and I was searching the web of internets for the promo shot used in print ads and on the back of the box displaying all the contents of the box.

and you know what? I can't find it. BT vs. DE, came with some little plastic trees, if I remember correctly. can't find it anywhere.

anybody either have a scanned in image of it, or a link to a website where I can get a good look at it? all my old WDs are in storage where I can't get at them at the moment, otherwise I'd go through them and finds it myself.

the race is on....

thanks!

HsojVvad
26-10-2008, 01:05
I had it, not shure if I lost it, if I find it I will try and take a pic for you. There is trees in there.

What do you want to know?

sydbridges
26-10-2008, 01:33
I never owned the 3rd edition 40k box set, and I was searching the web of internets for the promo shot used in print ads and on the back of the box displaying all the contents of the box.

and you know what? I can't find it. BT vs. DE, came with some little plastic trees, if I remember correctly. can't find it anywhere.

anybody either have a scanned in image of it, or a link to a website where I can get a good look at it? all my old WDs are in storage where I can't get at them at the moment, otherwise I'd go through them and finds it myself.

the race is on....

thanks!

You're looking for a picture of the back of the 3rd ed box, or you're looking specifically for an ad that featured the back of the box? I can provide the first, but not the second.

Chem-Dog
26-10-2008, 01:56
I've got pretty much every WD since 131 (UK) let me know where you think it is I can have a dig about.
Unfortunately I lost the box to a damp cellar and a, seemingly, incontinent cat.

Victomorga
26-10-2008, 02:51
I am just looking for the picture from the back of the box, which I think is the same one they used in the ads in WD. I don't recall around what issue of WD 3rd ed. came out, but I really just wanted to see a GW photo of the box contents.

I was having a conversation with someone about the amount of miniatures included in 40k box sets, the price of the box sets, and the relative value as it has increased / diminished over the years. the 3rd edition box was the only one I never owned and have no miniatures from. I can remember the picture in my mind, but not clearly.

thanks for any help...

BigEaZyE
26-10-2008, 06:22
I don't have a picture to scan it for you, and I'd have to dig out the box from god knows where, but I've 98% certain it contained 10 tactical marines, a landspeeder, 20 dark eldar warriors, a raider, the jungle trees, the barrels and barricades, and a set of the plastic ruined buildings.

(I haven't seen the box in years but it was one of the first things I got GW and as I was about 10 at the time it took many weeks of saving allowance to get that box - hence many weeks of staring at the picture)

Hope that helps until someone gets a pic

Inquisitor Engel
26-10-2008, 06:39
I don't have a picture to scan it for you, and I'd have to dig out the box from god knows where, but I've 98% certain it contained 10 tactical marines, a landspeeder, 20 dark eldar warriors, a raider, the jungle trees, the barrels and barricades, and a set of the plastic ruined buildings.

Close.

There was no Raider and I think it was 16 Warriors. The DE were hopelessly outgunned.

Vedar
26-10-2008, 06:41
I'm to lazy to take any pictures of my 3 ed box, but there is some good info here.

http://www.angelfire.com/il/Destinova/newindex.html

Vedar
26-10-2008, 06:45
In short, 20 DE, 10 marines, 1 speeder, rulebook ect. for around $75. Black Reach is quite the deal now eh?

del-patch
26-10-2008, 10:04
I have the ad with the box art, and 2 doom eagles in the back of a book...

Frgt/10
26-10-2008, 11:28
i have that box sitting in front of me as i type this
couldn't be bothered taking a photo though :P

ColdWind
26-10-2008, 11:47
So, I wander downstairs to my games cupboard, fish out the 3rd edition box, snap some pix on my camera phone, email them to my gmail account, download them to my PC, then upload them to Warseer, I wonder, since the question has already been answered, is it worth the effort? But then I tell myself, the OP wanted photos, so photos they get...

ColdWind
26-10-2008, 11:53
Oh... and sorry for the blurry photos, but it was a camera phone...

Pix of the 2nd ed box available on commission, sorry but there was no box for Rogue Trader.

the1stpip
26-10-2008, 16:48
It was released WD issue 226.

Not that you probably need that anymore.

Victomorga
26-10-2008, 19:53
HUZZAH!

thanks Coldwind, that's exactly what I was looking for. I have 2nd ed., so no need for other pics. I was pretty surprised that I couldn't find what I was looking for online....

Tonberry
26-10-2008, 19:57
Mine came with see-through templates, not the snazzy orange ones on the back of the box :(