PDA

View Full Version : New Griff Oberwald Miniature

Siam-Tiger
26-10-2008, 00:29
http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=1606

Griff Oberwald is the first re-done Starplayer in a series of "re-done" or new Starplayers for Blood Bowl

http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bb_griffoberwald.jpg

http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bb_griffoberwald2.jpg

Preorder available for 8 GBP at GW UK

the anti santa
26-10-2008, 00:56
It's an ok mini.

But do we really need a 3rd Griff model? He's not even used that often, a lot of other star players are far more popular.

How about making some models for players we don't have yet, like no-star Bull Centaurs, Ulfwererners, Snow Trolls or Nurgle Warriors.

There's also a whole bunch of other stars that could do with a new model as well.

someone2040
26-10-2008, 03:23
Eh, apparently it's because some new sculptor for GW made these up for part of his resume kind've thing, and GW liked them, so they're casting them. There's apparently a new Zug coming as well.
It's been on TaklBloodbowl, and the general word is - don't get your hopes up for many new Bloodbowl mini's.

Personally I'd rather GW did the Slann team so they could become an official part of the LRB. But that aint gonna happen.

OrlyggJafnakol
26-10-2008, 11:01
I like the model and shall be preordering it, just for painting reasons as (sadly) I don't play Bloodbowl. Its interesting that Blood Bowl XXVII follows the name of the miniature. A few years ago there was talk of a 20th anniversary re-release of Bloodbowl but (apparently) GW fiancial/credit crunch related problems resulted in the project being cancelled.

Could this miniature have come from that proposed re-release?

leonmallett
26-10-2008, 11:18
In 3 years they could aim for a 25th anniversary.

I like the figure more than the first Oberwald. My favourite BB figure was the original Zug.

Darkson
26-10-2008, 13:18
somoeone 2040 is correct. This, and the new Zug that's supposedly coming were both test pieces for a new sculptor, that GW liked and decided to cast. It's not the start of a new wave of BB figs, or indication that GW is going to give some love to SG in general. :(

Cirrus the Blue
26-10-2008, 23:37
It's an ok mini.

But do we really need a 3rd Griff model? He's not even used that often, a lot of other star players are far more popular.

How about making some models for players we don't have yet, like no-star Bull Centaurs, Ulfwererners, Snow Trolls or Nurgle Warriors.

There's also a whole bunch of other stars that could do with a new model as well.

Yes we do, because the previous one looked even worse than the original one did. This one's actually really well done and - go figure - LOOKS LIKE HE'S SUPPOSED TO!!! I hope this fig becomes available soon 'cause he's a great Star Player for what's available to the Humans! At least I think so.

- Cirrus

lotrchampion
27-10-2008, 02:16
I have to say, GORGEOUS model. However, as an Elf player I probably won't be getting him, except possibly for painting reasons. Shame BB doesn't get much love anymore-what happened to that new Dwarf team that was rumoured after the new Humans? :(

Chaos and Evil
27-10-2008, 03:04
I think it's worth saying that that model is one of the best-painted miniatures I've ever seen... really impressive 28mm work there.

Cirrus the Blue
27-10-2008, 07:43
I have to say, GORGEOUS model. However, as an Elf player I probably won't be getting him, except possibly for painting reasons. Shame BB doesn't get much love anymore-what happened to that new Dwarf team that was rumoured after the new Humans? :(

Blood Bowl's still getting plenty of love! 6th edition and the video game both lined up for next year (or perhaps 2010 for 6th edition) and more than enough support from the community to boot! Just not really all that much from GW, itself. :rolleyes:

- Cirrus

Marlow
27-10-2008, 10:09
I will probably get this for ...
1) To Use as Generic Star Player on any team!
2) Show GW that people want BB Minitures!

daemonkin
27-10-2008, 11:10
This model is so much better than the crapola that was the 2nd sculpt. Him and the Zarag GhoulChewer were horrible models.

D.

Siam-Tiger
27-10-2008, 11:29
This model is so much better than the crapola that was the 2nd sculpt. Him and the Zarag GhoulChewer were horrible models.

D.

You´re absolutely right, therefore i got myself the oldest version of Griff, but this new one and the green of siggi just kick ass.

daemonkin
27-10-2008, 11:56
where is the siggi?

d.

Siam-Tiger
27-10-2008, 12:00
Don't just click on the pictures link, you have to take a look at the article, too!

http://www.brueckenkopf-online.com/?p=1606

The picture below the Griff pics.

the anti santa
28-10-2008, 22:05

D.

True, almost as bad as Hubris Rakarth, the worst BB model ever, maybe even GW's worst model in many a year.

I did rather like the Ramtut III & Troll models though.

Another zug seems equally pointless, he hardly looks any different from the existing Zug who is a really nice model and as they lost the lovely other zug it's a bit pointless too.

I can't see many Bloodbowl players buying them, stars aren't used very often and even then they only play for human teams.

A nice Ulfwerener or Snow Troll model would have convesrion potential for fantasy if they weren't too obvioulsy Bloodbowl players.

Welf VIII.
07-11-2008, 21:18
It is the fourth miniature of boring Griff!

This one is overlooked be most guys:
http://www.blood-bowl.net/BB2ndEd/073387-3b.gif

75hastings69
07-11-2008, 21:38
I like it. I also hear they plan on re=releasing nearly all of the old star players next year (to coincide with BB PC/Console release).

Harry
07-11-2008, 22:28
Eh, apparently it's because some new sculptor for GW made these up for part of his resume kind've thing, and GW liked them, so they're casting them. There's apparently a new Zug coming as well.
It's been on TaklBloodbowl, and the general word is - don't get your hopes up for many new Bloodbowl mini's.
His name is Neil Langdown (who moved over from the 'eavy metal' team) and they were not done as test pieces but off his own back because he is a bloodbowl fan and loves the game. He is trying to get folks interested in them so they become part of the product range. Whilst I have no doubt he will keep making them for himself, how many we see released is another matter.

Danny76
09-11-2008, 09:43
so we make sure we all buy them to vamp up interest in redoing blood bowl.

that would be awesome hastings.

when is the game out?

Darkson
09-11-2008, 21:02
Current estimate is Q1 2009, so anywhere between jan 1st and March 31st (I know which one my monies on :( ).

And I'm sorry, but they'll need to improve the quality of the figs before I part with my money, BB or no. Just because it's new, doesn't mean I need to rush out an buy it. The new Griff isn't a patch on the regular 5th edition human team, and the new Zug is awful. Star player figs shoul be the pinnicle of BB sculpting, not worse than the "rank and file".

the anti santa
12-11-2008, 10:47
It is the fourth miniature of boring Griff!

This one is overlooked be most guys:
http://www.blood-bowl.net/BB2ndEd/073387-3b.gif

That isn't Griff, it's Greigor "Sure Hands" Meisson (don't think i spelt that right), a Catcher for the reavers.

Jedi152
17-11-2008, 09:30
I think i'm going to buy this just to show that there is still love for Blood Bowl.

Bun Bun
18-11-2008, 01:21
Nuffle's Stinking Jockstrap thats a nice model. :D