PDA

View Full Version : die die, kill kill

Gen.Ruckus
25-10-2008, 23:46
Just checking to see how people played your skaven armies, I want to start up an army and don't know where to start, I recently bought a codex and I'm eager to get the army going, any help would be apreciated!

MalusCalibur
26-10-2008, 00:07
Well, the best place to start would be the Army Book. A 40K codex isn't going to help much...

All joking aside, you're going to need Clanrats, and lots of them, so they'd be safe bet to start out with. However, they might be getting new models in the not-too-distant future (since the current ones are pretty wretched), so it might be beneficial to wait until then.

MalusCalibur

Gen.Ruckus
26-10-2008, 00:41
Oh yes, an army book, I forgot the books aren't called codex in fantasy, when is the book set to release?

Crymson
26-10-2008, 01:17
Supposedly middle of 2009.

havoc626
26-10-2008, 02:36
I find the battalion a great buy. You get heaps of good models (even if Rat Ogres are a 'bit' overpriced for what they do). Grab a Warlord while your at it and you've got yourself a small army.

The Clan rats that you get can still go to great use after the new release, as you can never have enough slaves.

Gen.Ruckus
26-10-2008, 05:36
That's cool, I'm thinking about buying that box, I like the rat ogre models, and what really got me into the skaven was the battle march game on the xbox 360

Cobrak
26-10-2008, 06:36
a warlord Really come on LOL Just kidding they are cool but not as cool as assassins ^_^
also if you are going cc heavy (little suggestion as non-cc skaven= suicide for some reason) lol on tiny joke. i would also get in some plague censer bears and the battalion box brings in the needed unit of monks

treben1234
26-10-2008, 23:36
the plauge monks are new modles and some of the charators still look fine so they be good bets. You will need lots of slaves so having extra old modles to fill up the back rows will be fine. I do that with my skeletons. Not once have I ran out of modles for summoing.

w3rm
29-10-2008, 19:50
I field *almost* 100 clanrats and slaves in a 2k army. I am addicted to plague priests as they have the stat lines of some monsters! You can't go wrong with plague censer bearers and ratling guns. just whatch you opponents jaw drop as you unleash 3d6 or so str 4 shots *insert evil chuckle hear* and warpfire throwers are great to. You may think they blow up alot but if you play skaven you have to take risks. I LOVE globadiers and warlock engineers! Happy Slaying :P

FurryMiguell
30-10-2008, 01:22
You MUST have 100 clanrats at the least in a 2k army:p

Also, ratling guns are fun. they tend to blow up, but that adds to the fun IMO!

Plaugemonks is always fun. I imagine them raging across the battlefield, not stoping to pick up the arm they lost from desease:)

Warlock engineers are great fun. Fake magic rocks!

As a lord I always use greyseer. I love magic, and this guy is a powerful one!

And slaves. Lots and lots of slaves!

And to top it of, a warplighting cannon. A personal sniper, just for skaven players;)

Good luck:D

w3rm
12-11-2008, 21:32
Warlightning Cannon is great vs DE hydra! dont aim for the hydra itself aim for the T 3 beastmaster! hehehehe